Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

SNCommand

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not to say he will.

Really? I wait for a reply from u and that's all I get??? ;P

In all seriousness Though the closest thing bariss has to th dark side is a similar sounding name to a Darth who lived 3600 years before her.... Yeh, IMO that's it...

It would be cool seeing luminara deal with it though.... She's one of my favourite Jedi (I have no idea why, she just is... Maybe the jedi princess ****, and the fact she has one incredibly cool head in dangerous situations....) although I doubt she wold really react much, seeing as she's always preaching about letting go. But maybe that's where it's interesting, I don't think she could....

One thing I didn't like about this episode (and other episodes he's been in) is Admiral Tarkin. For one I really don't like his voice, its a tone too high and I'm pretty sure the original Tarkin never rolled his r's - its forcibly English to the point of overkill. I mean he sounds more like my old music teacher than a future Grand Moff. :p

I'm also not a big fan of his appearance. It's kind of a mirror image of his voice, overly exaggerated and a little too soft looking. I think he should look more like this. Not much difference but it is visibly gaunter, more ghoulish and more sinister looking.

Nonetheless I still like his character, but when that character is expressed through his voice and features, its difficult to like. Does anyone else agree?

EDIT: Sorry Selenial ;P I'm just working his all out in my head and can never get anything concurrent enough to give a reply. One thing I do think though is the Jedi Temple attack may have been orchestrated by Sidious working with Tarkin and possibly Commander Fox, in order to undermine the order and possibly undermine Ashoka. That would remove Barriss out of the picture, possibly.

Edited by Beniboybling

One thing I didn't like about this episode (and other episodes he's been in) is Admiral Tarkin. For one I really don't like his voice, its a tone too high and I'm pretty sure the original Tarkin never rolled his r's - its forcibly English to the point of overkill. I mean he sounds more like my old music teacher than a future Grand Moff. :p

I'm also not a big fan of his appearance. It's kind of a mirror image of his voice, overly exaggerated and a little too soft looking. I think he should look more like this. Not much difference but it is visibly gaunter, more ghoulish and more sinister looking.

Nonetheless I still like his character, but when that character is expressed through his voice and features, its difficult to like. Does anyone else agree?

EDIT: Sorry Selenial ;P I'm just working his all out in my head and can never get anything concurrent enough to give a reply. One thing I do think though is the Jedi Temple attack may have been orchestrated by Sidious working with Tarkin and possibly Commander Fox, in order to undermine the order and possibly undermine Ashoka. That would remove Barriss out of the picture, possibly.

Agreed, like I said... Hate TCW tarken...

I don't think it's going to be that, something tells me it won't, mainly that the developers have said they want this ark to be about Ashoka and Skywalker, and I doubt that's gonna include Sidius, otherwise most would see it as the "dark lord who killed Opress then captured and enslaved maul then use republic officers to attack the Jedi-arc" which I why I think we're gonna be let down, I think it's not gonna be that big

Agreed, like I said... Hate TCW tarken...

I don't think it's going to be that, something tells me it won't, mainly that the developers have said they want this ark to be about Ashoka and Skywalker, and I doubt that's gonna include Sidius, otherwise most would see it as the "dark lord who killed Opress then captured and enslaved maul then use republic officers to attack the Jedi-arc" which I why I think we're gonna be let down, I think it's not gonna be that big

I think it would still have focus on Ashoka and Anakin. Because essentially the 'undermine the Jedi part' of Sidious' (possible) ploy, is secondary. Likely the real motive behind it is to frame Ashoka and have her exiled/killed likely at the combined hands of the Jedi and the Republic.

This way Anakin loses faith in the Jedi for turning against his padawan whom he believed to be innocent, and moves closer to the dark side and to Sidious. At the same time Ashoka is removed as a potential threat to Sidious' eventual plan to turn Anakin to the dark side. Also we do see Sidious (under the guise of Palpatine) make an appearance in this arc and Tarkin is already involved (Palpatine's pawn) so he could very well be a major component. Also the Imperial themes, Order 66 omens etc etc.

If Palpatine's plan was all along, to frame Ashoka, its certainly a complex one. But nothing we haven't seen before e.g. the whole Naboo Crisis, that was all orchestrated by Sidious to breed mistrust between Anakin and the Jedi and get a confrontation between Dooku and Anakin. He may even have had something to do with the Rako Hardeen plot. So maybe he even planned to have Ashoka and Anakin investigate this incident...

Anyway, there's one thing that seems strange. When Anakin barged into that prison demanding to see Ahsoka, I was sure he would bust in past the clones and break her out. Instead he followed the Code, and when asked by Ahsoka why he did so he answered something along the lines of "Think how it would look...".

Point being, it's tough to reconcile this mature Jedi with Anakin "I can't live without her" Skywalker.

Not quite, if you think about it it makes perfect sense. Whatever happens in this arc, I reckon its going to rattle Anakin's cage and make him more angry, mistrustful of the Jedi, and eager to protect the ones he cares for - AKA the Anakin we see in Episode III.

I mean, lets say at the end of this arc Ashoka is 'lost' (dead, exiled whatever.) Anakin is going to be angry for one, he's going to be angry at the Jedi Council for not believing her innocence, and he's going to be angry at himself for not making more of an effort to protect her himself e.g. in the scene you just mentioned. Both will lead to greater attachments to Padme, and a mistrust of the Jedi Council.

I get the feeling this is where the arc is going, what with the accusations made by Ashoka that he could have helped her, and the growing tensions between him and the Council we get glimpses of in the trailer.

Also lets remember his feelings for Padme are a lot stronger than his feelings for Ashoka. And this was not a life or death situation, whereas with Padme he felt it was.

Not quite, if you think about it it makes perfect sense. Whatever happens in this arc, I reckon its going to rattle Anakin's cage and make him more angry, mistrustful of the Jedi, and eager to protect the ones he cares for - AKA the Anakin we see in Episode III.

But he already was that Anakin in a way after his mother died in Episode II and he killed the Tuskens, and that even became part of his rationale ("I won't lose you the way I lost my mother") so it seems like he somehow de-matured and then re-matured.

But he already seemed like that Anakin when he slaughtered the Tuskens in Episode II (and that even became part of his rationale---"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother". So it's as though he matured and then somehow de-matured.

I mean, lets say at the end of this arc Ashoka is 'lost' (dead, exiled whatever.) Anakin is going to be angry for one, he's going to be angry at the Jedi Council for not believing her innocence, and he's going to be angry at himself for not making more of an effort to protect her himself e.g. in the scene you just mentioned. Both will lead to greater attachments to Padme, and a mistrust of the Jedi Council.

I get the feeling this is where the arc is going, what with the accusations made by Ashoka that he could have helped her, and the growing tensions between him and the Council we get glimpses of in the trailer.

Also lets remember his feelings for Padme are a lot stronger than his feelings for Ashoka. And this was not a life or death situation, whereas with Padme he felt it was.

Spoiler alert! I haven't seen the trailer. :p

I'd admit he isn't as close to her as to Padme. The same could be said of his friendship with Obi-Wan though, and they're still close. So that's not really saying much.

As for it not being a life or death situation, that seems to contradict your earlier statement that she could be killed/the fact that the prisoner she was interrogating was killed by an (unknown thus far) assailant/the fact that Anakin had to repeatedly insist "Do NOT shoot to kill!" as the clones continue to hold her responsible for killing not only the prisoner, but three clones. Seems like, if it's not already a life or death situation, it's quickly heading that way.

Especially if her investigation leads her to Sidious. Then I think we all will know what will happen to her.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

But he already was that Anakin in a way after his mother died in Episode II and he killed the Tuskens, and that even became part of his rationale ("I won't lose you the way I lost my mother") so it seems like he somehow de-matured and then re-matured.

Spoiler alert! I haven't seen the trailer. :p

I'd admit he isn't as close to her as to Padme. The same could be said of his friendship with Obi-Wan though, and they're still close. So that's not really saying much.

As for it not being a life or death situation, that seems to contradict your earlier statement that she could be killed/the fact that the prisoner she was interrogating was killed by an (unknown thus far) assailant/the fact that Anakin had to repeatedly insist "Do NOT shoot to kill!" as the clones continue to hold her responsible for killing not only the prisoner, but three clones. Seems like, if it's not already a life or death situation, it's quickly heading that way.

Especially if her investigation leads her to Sidious. Then I think we all will know what will happen to her.

Well yeah, Anakin was a Padawan at the time and I expect he matured later on as a Jedi. This isn't to say he dematured in Episode III, he was simply angry and distrustful of the Jedi Council.

And let's remember it wasn't a life or death situation at the time, and Anakin didn't and still doesn't have all the facts. I expect if she was going to be executed the next day he would have busted her out of there without a second thought. In that way it's possible for him to make the same mistake twice. Now that it has become dangerous, I expect Anakin's emotions and strong attachments will come into play. Even so, he didn't exactly look happy when they refused him entry. For a moment he looked like he was going to barge right in there, also notice he was the only Jedi who came to see her.

We also have to consider that this is somewhat out of character for Anakin, Ashoka believed it was he who helped her escape and possibly who knocked out the guards. This could be him attempting to act responsibly and not easily, which he is capable of. Also barging into a prison facility probably isn't a good idea, even in his books, he would have ended killing clones and being on the run with Ahsoka - incriminating them both.

And your comment about Obi-Wan isn't really saying much either. It's still just friendship, Anakin can live without Ashoka and Obi-Wan, but he can't live without Padme because she is 'the love of his life'.

OK, that settles it. Just saw the preview for "To Catch a Jedi" - Tarkin is so in on this plot. And I reckon Commander Fox is acting on his orders.

And they all answer to none other than... Darth Sidious! :jawa_evil:

EDIT: New theory - the whole plot from the Jedi Temple attack to Ashoka's capture and framing has been entirely orchestrated by Sidious, Tarkin and Commander Fox. There is no Jedi. Letta is in on it (part of it) as well. She obvisouly doesn't like the Jedi so her asking Ashoka for help doesn't make much sense. "Oh I 'accidently' dropped nanodroids in by husbands food!" "The Jedi made me do it!" Yeah right. It was all a set up, what Letta didn't expect was to be executed.

Still not sure about the lightsaber marks though... possibly Maul? Or maybe one of those strange looking yellow, lightsaber wielding Jedi, or maybe it was Ventress aiding her escape... the plot thickens!

Edited by Beniboybling

OK, that settles it. Just saw the preview for "To Catch a Jedi" - Tarkin is so in on this plot. And I reckon Commander Fox is acting on his orders.

And they all answer to none other than... Darth Sidious! :jawa_evil:

I fully agree. This, like everythng in the Prequels, is another one of Sidious' plots. And Tarkin is in on it.

On a side-note, it's great to see Plo Koon in another episode. :D

I fully agree. This, like everythng in the Prequels, is another one of Sidious' plots. And Tarkin is in on it.

On a side-note, it's great to see Plo Koon in another episode. :D

I would suspect Tarkin Knows about Palpatine. I am glad to seee more of him because he was always an interesting character. He must have had a pretty solid relationship with palpatine.

After all, here is a non force user that was given power over Darth Vader in Episode 4. Always a favorite of mine, even if he was a little hard headed.

When Tarkin blew up Alderaan, breaking his agreement with Leia. I always wondered if Darth Vader was like...."wow, that was messed up"

Edited by kirorx

OK Beniboybling, I'm still not entirely convinced but you made some good points.

It wouldn't be at all surprising for Tarkin to be in on it though. We're talking about the guy who came up with the idea, then gave the order to blow up Alderaan! He surely would know about Palpatine. Generally those carefully selected people who get into his inner circle in the Republic know who he really is (Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, Sate Pestage, etc.). He was pretty quick to insist on Ahsoka's guilt, too, as I recall.

Hmmm, the look on Shaak Ti and Sasee Tins faces when Tarkin says the "Jedi Councils Views are Irrelevant" really does show there are some strong rifts coming in here....

And i think this may be the origins of the bad Blood between Tarkin and Vader, skywalker seemed to like him before but there seems to be a look of sheer hatred towards Tarkin in that scene...

More word on the Ventress front:

In the shadowy depths, Ahsoka encounters bounty hunter Asajj Ventress. The former Separatist assassin and Nightsister is amused by the fact that the Jedi are hunting for Padawan Tano -- but she also begins to see that she has much in common with Ahsoka.

From starwars.com - so it looks like its a chance encounter, I doubt that Ventress is a Sidious pawn, maybe she's been hired to kill her who knows. Also looks like there could be a potential alliance?

Also other summaries imply that Bariss Offee is not infact part of the plot, as she assists Ashoka finding out the truth...

And guess what Aurbere? Plo Koon makes an apperance! :D

My overall prediction.

This is based off what i saw in the trailer and compared to other trailers and what we expect historically from the series.

I put aside my personaly fanboy wish list of possibilities :cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ventress helps Ahsoka; Ventress has been a (kinda) good guy lately so i doubt she is in league with Sith.

Ashoka finds out it was Barriss (Too much of her looking off into the distance to just be ignored)

Ahsoka gets caught or gives herself up and proves her innocence.

Ahsoka is conflicted because her friend is guilty,

Ahsoka lives.

THE END. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watched the new one and I am sticking with this prediction still

I feel in the end, there is gonna be a lackluster ending which I don't really like, but who knows may surprise me however I really only see 2 things that could happen.

===

1. Anakin arrives in the nick of time to prove Ashoka's innocence.

2. She is just exiled from the Order.

===

Now the reason being the 2nd is lackluster, war crimes can usually have heavy punishment and isn't above the death sentence. Plus this would be tried as a military matter rather then the Jedi, so they wouldn't just not look at the results and say

"Oh your just gonna be exiled, even though there was an attack on the Jedi temple plus killing a number of people in the process."

But...I could be surprised, however in the end I think it'll just be lackluster and one of those 2 things happens.

I think Komari Vosa could be the one. Strong on the Dark Side, female, dual wielding.

And if it really was Vosa, it could kinda mirror Anakin and Ahoska's path, at least Anakin's for sure. The padawan left the order(seems like it) and became a Dark Jedi, the master later became Sith.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I think the whole frame thing is stupid, even modern cells of important prisoners have sound recording, especially during interrogation. All they have to do is take out the recording and see what were they saying and no misunderstanding would be caused.
Before I move to the next thread, you forget what Tarkin said about the sound being 'conveniently' not working i.e. it was sabotaged, by Tarkin.

Before I move to the next thread, you forget what Tarkin said about the sound being 'conveniently' not working i.e. it was sabotaged, by Tarkin.

So the Jedi should use this against them, why would the sound suddenly not working when Ahoska was sent to interrogate Letta? And what happened to the surveillance camera when she escaped?

So the Jedi should use this against them, why would the sound suddenly not working when Ahoska was sent to interrogate Letta? And what happened to the surveillance camera when she escaped?
How do the Jedi know? Its Tarkin's facility! He says so himself that this is a 'military matter' - not even Anakin is allowed to see Ashoka. The Republic is filled with corruption and the Jedi are being pushed away. If Tarkin is the culprit here he can literally do whatever he hell he likes, and when the Jedi start asking for evidence just tell them to keep their mitts out of it and have Ashoka executed. Oh and lets remember that all the guards were knocked out, before Ashoka escaped, so they would have seen nothing.

Lets also not forget that if Tarkin is involved, Sidious likely is too. And Sidious controls everything.

How do the Jedi know? Its Tarkin's facility! He says so himself that this is a 'military matter' - not even Anakin is allowed to see Ashoka. The Republic is filled with corruption and the Jedi are being pushed away. If Tarkin is the culprit here he can literally do whatever he hell he likes, and when the Jedi start asking for evidence just tell them to keep their mitts out of it and have Ashoka executed. Oh and lets remember that all the guards were knocked out, before Ashoka escaped, so they would have seen nothing.

Lets also not forget that if Tarkin is involved, Sidious likely is too. And Sidious controls everything.

So it's his responsibility to show the evidence. If Tarkin could not show the surveillance camera record during the escape and the sound during the interrogation then there's clearly something going on. It's not the Empire era yet, nor was Tarkin the sole leader of the military, he was not such figure even in the Empire era. The Senate and the Chancellor could all be used against him.