Ninjas getting worse

Atleast on the harbinger, 3 groups ive been in today people have been need rolling on everything(including greens).

as 2 of them i just left since i was tanking and noone in the group really said anything, but the 3rd i was dps and really didnt want to wait in the queue again also the other 2 members were vocal about it aswell,

It seems some of these "Ninjas" dont feel they are being greedy he even offered to give anything if anyone needed it.

I know its been said but there needs to be a system that lets you only need on it if its your main stat since we apparently cant trust people to be courteous about it, especially since you can trade loot even if someone "Needs" for companion the winner can just give them the item sure its an extra step and gamers are lazy but i think we can manage....maybe.

I have found the same on my Server,I tend to just voice my annoyance and then if they do it again just leave the group and place the person on ignore.

I am making sure at the moment that my Sorcerer is well geared with mods pre level 55 so if someone does need on an item for my class It doesn't cause me any issues,what will happen when I hit 55 will be another story,but I have found with my Gunslinger that ninja looting isn't as bad if it happens at all in lvl 55 FP's.

But this issue always rears it's ugly head when the game is based around gear and has a need/greed system.You would of thought that bw or any new mmo company knows the issues this type of system causes,it's a pity they just didn't add in a system like they have GW2 even though GW2 came out after swtor it isn't a new idea. or follow FF online where they take the armour drops out of the game totally and you have to make your armour,can't see that going down to well in this game but ya get my drift there are other options .

I found that in GW2 they removed the 3 major ranting issues :-

1.Loot ninja's we all have our own gear drop no one can ninja it or even see it

2 Node pinching always was a major headache in EQ2 people camping nodes for raws etc ,everyone can harvest the same node at the same time.

3. Stealing kill updates even if someone else hits the same mob you are going for as long as you hit it you will get exp and quest update(only minor annoyance is players tagging mobs then running off)

Take theses out of the game and grouping,leveling,harvest becomes less stress full and enjoyable,not saying this game should be like GW2 or any other mmo,but the ideas they came up with to solve some heated issues was a welcome change.

Edited by Avorniel

I had a lot of this going on this weekend too. Something in the water? :confused:

Highlights include:

• Assassin Needing all Cunning gear, because "I need it for a friend lol" (every time)
  • Mercenary Needing all Cunning gear, because "i nee ddit for companion,they .have to reach get head" (yes, that's an exact quote; no, I don't know)
  • Marauder Needing ... literally everything, and claiming "Sorry, I hit the wrong button" every time then saying "Sorry I'm F2P I can't fix it [noparse]:([/noparse] really sorry" then quickly canceling when I tested it and opened a Secure Trade with him... multiple times :rolleyes:
  • Sorcerer Needing a Cunning vibroknife, because "uhhhhh, I use offhands too ... don't be a jerk"
  • Sniper Needing a Blaster Pistol, because "It has a barrel upgrade", then furiously raging when the Powertech tank Needs the Sniper Rifle that drops later, because "It has a barrel upgrade, man!"
  • Juggernaut Needing a Heavy Aim chest, "for Vette", followed by an Aim Shield Generator, "for Vette"
  • Assassin tank wielding a single-bladed Strength lightsaber ("it was better than my other one"), Needs a Strength earpiece (but loses, then says in chat: "FFFFUUUUUUU i really wanted that!!") and then later Needs a Heavy Strength chest and, when questioned by the Juggernaut DPS, responds with: "oh I'm sorry little man, did you not win the gear you wanted?"

:(

In the past I've also read of people (though, they were nice people talking about themselves) that thought that because it said "Greed", Greed was the bad role and they didn't want to seem greedy, so they hit Need. Which has predictable results :rolleyes:

I don't remember if the Need vs. Greed system is explained in SWTOR, but then, even if it was, people wouldn't read it. It's rather a pity that companies are having to code their games in such a way as to diminish the detrimental effects of some arse who thinks he's being funny.

And no, I don't have any good "bell-end needing on Cunning gear while a Juggy" stories.

It´s because people can change threir names for free next tuesday and they don´t have to care about their reputation for one bit now.

Yeah, I know, but if you have someone ignored, then it will still ignore the person, even though he changed name? I hope so, but I'll just stick to my name :D

(Because I don't PvE, therefore no reputation to worry about there)

Even with name changes the person should still be on your ignore list. Well at least it works that way for friends list. Devs changed a friend of mines name and he was still on my friends list just with the new name.

And also especially if your a tank always put people like that on ignore. This way they don't get a que pop with you and they may have to wait a bit longer for que pops as well due to being on peoples ignore lists.

Edited by AutoCocker

It´s because people can change threir names for free next tuesday and they don´t have to care about their reputation for one bit now.

God I hope it doesn't reset my Ignore list due to a name change..would be nice to get some sort of dev response to this

Edited by Avorniel

Just politely point out that if they're going to need on your stuff you'll have no qualms about returning the favour.

Hopefully they tip their hand early on green crap or something you don't need.

Then make sure you don't pick your need/greed option too quick.

In the past I've also read of people (though, they were nice people talking about themselves) that thought that because it said "Greed", Greed was the bad role and they didn't want to seem greedy, so they hit Need. Which has predictable results :rolleyes:

This is funny, because when I played my first MMO back in 2006, this was exactly what my thought process was. I learned very quickly, though.

Just politely point out that if they're going to need on your stuff you'll have no qualms about returning the favour.

This actually happened in a HM FP the other day. The Assassin tank needed on what was clearly a Sorcerer piece, and when asked about it, he was just like, "so?" And the Sorc said "well, if any tank gear drops, I'll need on that". And so the tank pulled a room of mobs, vanished and left group. :rolleyes:

He was also a really, really terrible tank, but that's another thing.

I had a lot of this going on this weekend too. Something in the water? :confused:

Highlights include:

• Assassin Needing all Cunning gear, because "I need it for a friend lol" (every time)
  • Mercenary Needing all Cunning gear, because "i nee ddit for companion,they .have to reach get head" (yes, that's an exact quote; no, I don't know)
  • Marauder Needing ... literally everything, and claiming "Sorry, I hit the wrong button" every time then saying "Sorry I'm F2P I can't fix it [noparse]:([/noparse] really sorry" then quickly canceling when I tested it and opened a Secure Trade with him... multiple times :rolleyes:
  • Sorcerer Needing a Cunning vibroknife, because "uhhhhh, I use offhands too ... don't be a jerk"
  • Sniper Needing a Blaster Pistol, because "It has a barrel upgrade", then furiously raging when the Powertech tank Needs the Sniper Rifle that drops later, because "It has a barrel upgrade, man!"
  • Juggernaut Needing a Heavy Aim chest, "for Vette", followed by an Aim Shield Generator, "for Vette"
  • Assassin tank wielding a single-bladed Strength lightsaber ("it was better than my other one"), Needs a Strength earpiece (but loses, then says in chat: "FFFFUUUUUUU i really wanted that!!") and then later Needs a Heavy Strength chest and, when questioned by the Juggernaut DPS, responds with: "oh I'm sorry little man, did you not win the gear you wanted?"

This made me lol and cry because it sounds all to familiar. I seen a lot of this going on this weekend. I was on my fresh 55 vanguard tank yesterday, and the vanguard dps stole my tank pants from hammer station. When I said I needed those he said he wasn't sure or not. Not sure? I tanked the run in 27k HP and the dps had more HP then me! C'mon!! He was nice and gave them to me but still, If I wouldn't have qqed about it, I would have lost them to the 32k HP dps vanguard :(

Get a flashpoint guild. In mine, we only roll for one if it affects our stats (BH gets aim, etc.) If it affects multiples then all those with that stat can role for it. If it affects no one, we all roll for it and then that person earned it, no questions asked.

Highlights include:

Wow, I feel for ya. If nothing else, it made for an amusing post lol

I had 1 ninja today in sm Foundry. He (jugg, a dps who queued as a tank btw - my mara ended up tanking almost all the time because I was level 42 and he was 35 I think, try not to overaggro that) needed and got a willpower item that our healer also needed. Both me and the healer accused him for ninja looting and when everything was met with silence, vote-kicked him. But, the last thing he said before getting kicked out was something like "wait, what?", and I kind of feel bad for him. We thought that he needed it on purpose and knew it was wrong since he said nothing when we questioned him about it, but it might have been after all that he still didn't know what need was for.

Legacy gear means everyone has a right to roll on gear...........In a FP anyway.

Can I get your legacy and character names so that I can just add you to my ignore list now ? I think not. If this was the design thought, then just get rid of need and greed cause at some point everyone would need and you would just need to roll and not the options anymore. :(

Edited by AidanLightwalker

But this issue always rears it's ugly head when the game is based around gear and has a need/greed system.You would of thought that bw or any new mmo company knows the issues this type of system causes,it's a pity they just didn't add in a system like they have GW2 even though GW2 came out after swtor it isn't a new idea. or follow FF online where they take the armour drops out of the game totally and you have to make your armour,can't see that going down to well in this game but ya get my drift there are other options.

This was one of the things I enjoyed about City of Heroes; because each character got drops directly to them from defeated mobs (enhancements, salvage, inspirations, recipes, merits, and incarnate shards/threads for the endgame content), there was never -- with the exception of a single endgame raid early in the game, and that was quickly corrected -- way for characters to 'steal' loot. And CoH was released six months before WoW, so the concept was definitely out there and visible before SWTOR went into development.

The same thing could be done to SWTOR, although it would be slightly more complicated because of its reliance on gear (there were no class-specific enhancements in CoH -- a Damage enhancement, for example, could be slotted into any power that did damage, regardless of the character's archetype). It could still be handled with a clever loot generation algorithm -- if the loot generator produces a gear drop that will go to a character, and the RNG determines that it's blue or better quality, then it generates the item from a table specific to the recipient's class (or specialization, if they wanted to make sure that, say, Guardians got heavy armor and Sentinels got medium armor). It might be necessary to tweak the drop rate to ensure that the total amount of blue or better gear stayed about the same, but having the game feed drops directly to the recipients would completely eliminate ninja looting (and as a sop to the people who try to justify 'need' on gear their character can't use as gearing a companion, the devs could make the blue-or-better generator randomly produce some fraction of the drops as gear one of their companions can use, or -- more usefully, create an Exchange Broker that you could go to with blue, purple, or customizable bind-on-legacy gear and, for a price, exchange it for comparably-statted gear for a different class, gear type, or primary stat). Which, of course, would simply mean that all the whining about ninja looting would just change to whining about the inequities of how their [insert class here] never gets good drops, while the [insert class here] on the team always gets gear; I guess MMO players just need something to complain about, or they're not happy.

Legacy gear means everyone has a right to roll on gear...........In a FP anyway.

My assumption is that you're saying this to mean what people think...not that you actually agree with this statement. I hope I'm right. :p

But no, even in the case of BOE's, you don't roll need for alts or companions unless you ask and everyone is cool with it.

Was in a 55hm and some dick sentinal rolled need on healer legs. When I asked *** they said "oh it happened to me today too, sucks huh?" I was like *** man give me my loot you don't need it! He said the legs would look good on kira. I posted his guild name and char name in our server forums and ignored him. It is happening TOO MUCH recently!!

We need loot rule changes ASAP!

I would have to say that its annoying that ppl roll on items they really dont need for their class and i prefer the need for class and greed for companion ect. however being in the FP along with the other people in there gives them the right to roll on loot, i am by no means saying that its ok, but it is the way that the loot rules are at the moment and i dont really see a need to change them.

as a tank i always call out for loot rules in the beginning and so far i havent had any issues yet.

Was in a 55hm and some dick sentinal rolled need on healer legs. When I asked *** they said "oh it happened to me today too, sucks huh?" I was like *** man give me my loot you don't need it! He said the legs would look good on kira. I posted his guild name and char name in our server forums and ignored him. It is happening TOO MUCH recently!!

We need loot rule changes ASAP!

our guild has been doing this since the group finder was made. we have a black list thread with the persons name, legacy name and guild. some guilds on shadowland are getting terrible reputations. :D