Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

YoshiRaphElan

I am assuming either the next update or the one after will be the SSSP, but I have an idea for a near-future patch; that is to give us a companion-centric update. Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000), add several new conversations for every companion, put all companions' starting costumes (as moddable) either on the CM or a vendor, and add new customizations for each companion, and a customization vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and the Fleets.

Thoughts?

An entire patch dedicated to companions, no.

However, I wouldn't mind a patch that contained (along with other content) stuff for our companions. Like an influence system to be able to sway your companions light or dark affinity.

I would love to be able to influence Kira to embrace her dark side, or Kaliyo to see the benefits of being nice once in awhile.

Holy mother of no.

The last thing I want to see is a patch completely revolving around these guys on my ship that run missions for me.

THIS!

They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.

THIS!

They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.

Going to have to agree with TUX.

At first they were interesting ..... 2 years ago when I first saw them.

Then, after realising how shallow the companion stories were and they were nothing more than combat bots and used in the worst crafting system i've ever seen in an MMO ever ....... I have zero interest in more companion content and would rather developer time be spent else where.

I wouldn't mind expanded stories for a few companions, but the majority of them I couldn't care less about. What I wouldn't mind seeing is EVERY companion to be romancable by EVERY character. My female Merc needs some alone time with Mako, and my male Sorc really wants a crack at Khem Val's sexy ***.

I am assuming either the next update or the one after will be the SSSP, but I have an idea for a near-future patch; that is to give us a companion-centric update. Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000), add several new conversations for every companion, put all companions' starting costumes (as moddable) either on the CM or a vendor, and add new customizations for each companion, and a customization vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and the Fleets.

Thoughts?

Nah, 2.5/2.6 will be CLASS BALANCING patches (or that's what they say :rolleyes:) and they'll finally answer the Shadow/Merc class questions around that time (if we are lucky)...no time for companions.

Thoughts?

Companions are cool, but they have enough content to keep cover the main story ground. There is no reason to waste resources on something that has no place in end game.

So no. I would prefer they do class balance in 2.5, EXCLUSIVELY.

Going to have to agree with TUX.

At first they were interesting ..... 2 years ago when I first saw them.

Then, after realising how shallow the companion stories were and they were nothing more than combat bots and used in the worst crafting system i've ever seen in an MMO ever ....... I have zero interest in more companion content and would rather developer time be spent else where.

I have you know Pongs crafting system was worse.Not by much though.Oh wait Pong wasn't a MMO.Never mind.

Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today. :eek:

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.

While I have no desire to have companions be the sole focus of a patch, I would love to see them get some attention. They've pretty much languished since launch :(

Lots more customizations.

Emotes like the companion dance. (and loop the companion dance like other dance emotes loop!)

New comments - some that are specific to affection and married state.

More cut-scenes, even if they are just repeatable fluff and don't have an arc.

More letters. (that really, really shouldn't be hard or time consuming to do!)

Up-grade class companions to be on par with HK and Treek.

Idle animations on the ships. (and remove the torso twist when you have them summoned.)

While I have no desire to have companions be the sole focus of a patch, I would love to see them get some attention. They've pretty much languished since launch :(

Lots more customizations.

Emotes like the companion dance. (and loop the companion dance like other dance emotes loop!)

New comments - some that are specific to affection and married state.

More cut-scenes, even if they are just repeatable fluff and don't have an arc.

More letters. (that really, really shouldn't be hard or time consuming to do!)

Up-grade class companions to be on par with HK and Treek.

Idle animations on the ships. (and remove the torso twist when you have them summoned.)

This is basically all I'd want to see. Repeatable conversations would be wonderful.

Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today. :eek:

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.

i agree that companions are a fun part of the game but I do disagree they should release a companion only patch. if they could make a patch that included some companion changes great but not waste an entire 6week content update solely on companions.

here is how I I would have it done.

wait until a new EXPANSION where your adding a lot of new content or a good amount of new content where you can add a new chapter of class story or 2 new chapters maybe even 3 if they feel like it. add 2 new companions for each class 1 male one female. introduce the full SGR and also allow you to kill of companions like they allowed in orginal beta for awhile. if you kill one off you either have a choose to replace like for like with a new one or you loose that companion and can never get a replacement making you think before you act.

then introduce some new conversations and quests that develop the story further say u talked with ur love interest about kids maybe spring a kid into the story for companion??? but do it so it doesn't take the the sole focus of a patch but is seen as a nice addition to patch for those that like it and want it and isn't essential for those that don't care

Companions are one of the things that marked TOR as different.

Yet it does seem that BW have ignored the original companions offering only purchasable new companion every so often who have very little to offer in the way of the story.

While not an entire patch I do think BW need to look at the strengths of TOR and make sure they use the companions even if its as little as a few cut scenes to remind us that there are other healers than Treek and they have a role other that crafting missions.

Alot of people say companions suck... well maybe this patch could make them good. I'm not so much into the boring cutscenes they have but maybe some REAL missions for them which you tag along on. Revamp their skills/abilities and maybe give them their own set gear that improves their character maybe obtained by completing the character mission. That would be cool. :D