BW slaps the PVP community in the face, again...

This doesn't make sense. NiM clearing guilds are just as small if not smaller of a minority as 1500+ rated PvP'ers. All PvE'ers do not clear NiM EC and SNV, so they do not have access to those mounts. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of PvE'ers would salivate at the mouth if the tank and transformer mount were put on the CM. The only people that would be up in arms are the small minority of NiM guilds that clear the content and post on the forums. This is all coming from someone from a NiM clearing guild that has one of the mounts already. I really don't know why you care if my mount stays exclusive or not, you'll never get a chance to get it anyway. Keep campaigning to make sure I stay a unique snowflake, though. It's befitting of your lowly status.

If your rambling "response" had even the slightest thing to do with what you quoted, that would be nice.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Darth ding dong. We all know the CM is here to stay. What I'm not understanding is why you people don't want in game exclusive items. The THORN rep gear for instance. Have you seen it? Or do you just sit on the fleet buying packs all day. The gear is crap compared to CM shiny gear. Look at the pleasure speeder. Pretty crappy grind with a reskin reward.

Sorry to get away from the pvp topic. I just wanted to start expressing my opinion in hope of some small changes around here.

In your opinion. As someone who supports the CM I found the T.H.O.R.N. Armor awesome compared to the latest CM Shiny Gear.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

And how do you think PvErs feel when BW makes class changes based upon PvP, huh?? You think we're not just a little miffed at that? Just be happy you're getting the rancor mount first.

I feel nothing because in reality no mmo should ever consider pve when balancing classes. You can scale NPC's and pve mechanics however you like to match the class balance. You can't do that to pvp and players.

I feel nothing because in reality no mmo should ever consider pve when balancing classes. You can scale NPC's and pve mechanics however you like to match the class balance. You can't do that to pvp and players.

I supposed you missed it when Shadow/Assassin tanks were untenable in 16 man NM until their spikiness was rebalanced?

it always irritates me, because i usually have to relearn a new way to use the skill as it's completely changed (Assassin/Shadow Skill from 360 attack to a cone, wth?), have to rework my team strategy because the skill no longer works like it did before, or the cooldown or damage output has changed, ect... every PvP nerf hurts the game-play of the core game... sure they can go in and rework the core game to reflect the new changes but that hardly ever happens and if it does it takes forever to be implemented and it's like this for MMOs in general... But it seems the PvP community (in all MMOs) could care less because let's face it most of them don't even play the core game beyond Lv.10... they seem to have no care for the core game or it's mechanics, just that they can jump in and kick butt is all they care about, and if someone beats them they start crying "nerf X cause someone beat me with it", it's a never ending cycle that's just a major annoyance for many of the gamers that play the core game...

Alright Darth ding dong. We all know the CM is here to stay. What I'm not understanding is why you people don't want in game exclusive items. The THORN rep gear for instance. Have you seen it? Or do you just sit on the fleet buying packs all day. The gear is crap compared to CM shiny gear. Look at the pleasure speeder. Pretty crappy grind with a reskin reward.

Sorry to get away from the pvp topic. I just wanted to start expressing my opinion in hope of some small changes around here.

Except the whole point is that this mount is exclusive. No other rancour style mount is going to look like the PVP one. It's all well and good asking for exclusive PVP rewards - I agree with this. Just don't expect it to be an iconic animal mount that LOTS OF PEOPLE, INCLUDING THOSE WHO DON'T PVP HAVE ASKED FOR. Jesus, how hard is that to understand?

Except the whole point is that this mount is exclusive. No other rancour style mount is going to look like the PVP one. It's all well and good asking for exclusive PVP rewards - I agree with this. Just don't expect it to be an iconic animal mount that LOTS OF PEOPLE, INCLUDING THOSE WHO DON'T PVP HAVE ASKED FOR. Jesus, how hard is that to understand?

^^^ this right here...

as a CE owner i don't go crying about other people having TaunTauns or TaunFawns, why?, because mine looks different from the common ones... the point is you're getting an exclusive, your problem is it's not exclusive enough for your ego...

round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and etc etc etc.

Give it a rest will you?

it always irritates me, because i usually have to relearn a new way to use the skill as it's completely changed (Assassin/Shadow Skill from 360 attack to a cone, wth?), have to rework my team strategy because the skill no longer works like it did before, or the cooldown or damage output has changed, ect... every PvP nerf hurts the game-play of the core game... sure they can go in and rework the core game to reflect the new changes but that hardly ever happens and if it does it takes forever to be implemented and it's like this for MMOs in general... But it seems the PvP community (in all MMOs) could care less because let's face it most of them don't even play the core game beyond Lv.10... they seem to have no care for the core game or it's mechanics, just that they can jump in and kick butt is all they care about, and if someone beats them they start crying "nerf X cause someone beat me with it", it's a never ending cycle that's just a major annoyance for many of the gamers that play the core game...

pvpers have no care for pve or its mechanics because to be perfectly blunt, pve is boring to many of them. Takes zero skill to be good at pve.

pvpers have no care for pve or its mechanics because to be perfectly blunt, pve is boring to many of them. Takes zero skill to be good at pve.

Right. :rolleyes: Because OPs are so easy that all PVPers have got those NIM mounts, and none of them are moaning and asking for them to be reskinned and added to the Cartel Market.

The attitude that some PVPers have that they're so much more skilled than any other player is the reason that nobody takes them seriously. It doesn't take any skill to gank lowbies, which seems to be what a lot if PVP is about.

(It's so much fun making generalisations about an entire playstyle).

Edited by horrorfaneightys

Right. :rolleyes: Because OPs are so easy that all PVPers have got those NIM mounts, and none of them are moaning and asking for them to be reskinned and added to the Cartel Market.

The attitude that some PVPers have that they're so much more skilled than any other player is the reason that nobody takes them seriously. It doesn't take any skill to gank lowbies, which seems to be what a lot if PVP is about.

(It's so much fun making generalisations about an entire playstyle).

Most every mmo I've played, several top pvp guilds are almost always the top pve guilds as well. PvE isn't hard. Its just memorization of mechanics and bothering to be half awake when doing them.

Edit:

Hell during the first year of the game most of the pve content in this game was cleared by pvp guilds in pvp gear.

Edited by Raansu

Trying to ignore a subject doesn't make it right. The ship is still in the harbour with this post.

I'm not ignoring anything. I simply know that there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about this.

And, no, it isn't: No-one at EAWare could care any less about this post, if they even know it exists at all.

Sorry mate, but that's just how it is.

There are people which only PVP or PVE that's where the terms come from.

So you ignore the point by trying to argue it's just semantics. You choose which content you do and which rewards you wish to pursue. These labels you cling so tenaciously to are artificial divisions. If you're so very skilled because you only go up against dynamic opponents who change all the time (ignoring the fact that you'll always queue against the same people anyway, so where's your vaunted variety), then surely these scripted PvE opponents will be an absolute cakewalk for your and your godly crew of PvP blowhards.

Get over yourself. Put up or shut up and stop whining that you don't win the lottery when you refuse to even buy a ticket.

Edited by CrazyGreggy

considering that they take at least 6 months to adjust anything, they wouldnt have a game long if they took that approach. pvpers just want easy kills. the devs need to separate pvp effects from pvp effects so that they can balance to their hearts content and not change pve one bit.

I have revived just as much grieffing from PVEers by trying to do SM operations in full obran. There are as many grieffers on both sides, that shouldn't influence the outcome here.

Bantha crap, Oboran is 67 ... 55 SM OPs are pretty doable with 66s, check OPs requirements before posting nonsense.

If someone say that SM OP has to be done in or above gear that drop ... it is either lazy (going for fast easy comm run), new to OPs or bad player.

As PvP set is actually collectable before reaching 55, I don't see reason to complain... PvE commendations before 55 give 58s maximum.

What about adding 3rd time of PvP comms that are earned before 55 and give only bellow 55 items, and grind for PvP at 55 capped as PvE one?

And this again has nothing to do with lore iconic items, top dog rewards and all that nonsense.

Not 1 not 2 ... each season to put 2 pure BW designs (no lore iconic items) as rewards, nobody will care.

On same logic no MMO has to include PvP using same stats and system as PvE.

Why exactly we have bolster, griefing stat and constant screw ups over class play?

Because BW are too lazy to look above WoW and implement something much simple - % based system and PvPers spoiled from WoW expect they has to face roll over low levels and PvE players because of their gear... will QQ to the sky if PvP actually works with no gear stats, no level stats but % based damage, heal and damage reduction.

You have issue with smash in PvP - just tune % of multiplier or % of total damage for PvP and PvE will not ever see the change.

You have issue with bolster - remove stats (core ones and griefing one) completely, level 10 and level 55 hit with strike do same % (of HPs) damage no matter what level attacked player is.

Most every mmo I've played, several top pvp guilds are almost always the top pve guilds as well. PvE isn't hard. Its just memorization of mechanics and bothering to be half awake when doing them.

Edit:

Hell during the first year of the game most of the pve content in this game was cleared by pvp guilds in pvp gear.

While Ops are partly about memorizing mechanics, they are also about group coordination. Try coordinating 16 Individual people who think by themselves to do something perfectly.

Also, PvP guilds will have a lot of coordination because that is the #1 way to succeed in PvP.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

The Rancor Mount IS unique. No other rancor will have the same armor and glowing pieces it does. Grob'thok's mount will be the only cyberrancor. They are unique mounts.

This has been said in -every- thread. The don't care cause everyone else gets a Rancor too. Childish want, really.