Insanse server lag ping jumps?

Mesterlockftw

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the Progenitor, latency is a bit up tonight. Wondering if its these European issues again. Latency is up to about 200ms at times. Not a lot, I know. But its annoying me because my latency normally never gets above 40ms. Though the Input lag at 200ms is frankly annoying.

I'm on the NA servers, The Harbinger. Looks like it's something across EA.

is anyone having problems just logging into the game itself?

I can log in just fine, but once I'm in, I'm in a constant state of random ping. from 50ms-90000ms-red X. Moving around is impossible because you run into invisible walls every 10 feet.

I can log in just fine, but once I'm in, I'm in a constant state of random ping. from 50ms-90000ms-red X. Moving around is impossible because you run into invisible walls every 10 feet.

yea for me it takes forever at the loading screen, the information bar at the bottom where it tells your story on the "mini crawl" the bar gets not even 1/4 and just sits there.

Hi there folks! We're currently looking into performance issues being reported across some of our European servers. We'll be sure to post more information as it becomes available. Thanks for your understanding.

Harbinger is also experiencing the same lag spikes.. So it may not just be a European server issue.. :(

I fought an elite named Peej as part of a quest on The Harbinger last night, and with the lag I was experiencing I couldn't interrupt his CC at all. I don't even know for sure whether it was interruptable; every time I tried, the animation sort of skipped a couple of seconds and went straight to where I was already frozen. I still managed to beat him, but it was a much closer fight than I think it should've been.

My computer has also been heating up more than it did before 2.0, even in pre-2.0 areas. I've been dealing with that by taking the side panel off my tower while playing. I also turned down a couple of the graphics preferences, specifically Shadows and that Anisotropa-whatever that enhances the textures of things like fences and stuff. I was suffering serious performance issues in the first questing area on Makeb before making those adjustments; the cutscenes looked like Claymation and combat was like a slideshow.

Admittedly I've not been getting it that bad. Latency is more frustrating than game breaking.

I play from Europe on the American server The Bastion and I got the same problem never had this problem 2 weeks ago.

If you cant play then it is gamebreaking.

Edited by Baalzamon

Playing on The Bastion from the Mid West. Lag last night was terrible. PvP was a nightmare. 100% health on fight engage, lag, lag, 5% health, force barrier, dead, rinse, repeat. It's been like this all week. The fact that Bioware is denying that there are lag issues makes the problem all the more irritating...