World Events

Insomnio

There are not enough world events in game. The rakghoul virus was ok, but that was some time ago.

Supposedly there is an event coming "soon". We will see how that turns out.

There should be a weekly or monthly event. A capital city defense event would be great. Let players actually feel like their factions home world has relevance. Award the team that has held points/made the most kills after a specified amount of time- 3-5 days length would be fine, and allow for most people to at least log in once to play.

I know, the content is drying up, but could you put together a repeating event to drive interest?

I personally thought the Ragoul plaugue was annoying, overdone, gave away rewards that should have gone into crafting tables and completely f***** up tatooine for its entire duration and after....Has anyone been there since, its a lag fest ??

World events are fine and all, if done correctly, they dont need to go on for weeks or add another grind to the game which is exactly what the last one did.

Have an epic AT-AT or something stomp through Tat with 1 billion health or something, and reward a speeder and title for anyone that takes part in downing it, put it on a 4 hour spawn for 2 days.

Thats an Event to me....Not a grind.

I personally thought the Ragoul plaugue was annoying, overdone, gave away rewards that should have gone into crafting tables and completely f***** up tatooine for its entire duration and after....Has anyone been there since, its a lag fest ??

World events are fine and all, if done correctly, they dont need to go on for weeks or add another grind to the game which is exactly what the last one did.

Have an epic AT-AT or something stomp through Tat with 1 billion health or something, and reward a speeder and title for anyone that takes part in downing it, put it on a 4 hour spawn for 2 days.

So, the ragkoul event completely f*** tatooine, while it only spawn same lvl than you mob, but an epic boss roaming the map, and killing lowbies doing quests is fine ?

I have nothing against some grind from time to time. And an event is always cool. Except the weekly event on GW1, they suck.

That AT-AT thing sounds cool it would need a backstory as to why its goin ape ****, although the rest of what you said about it messing up tatooine is false i must disagree there the event was fun and brought out a lot of players i say it was very well done.

Who would not like a world war event? I think it would be great, PVP draws a lot of players- and right now there is no world pvp. Have a body count tally on the sidebar, denoting what faction is winning.

Assuming that first question isn't completely rhetorical, I'll pipe up and say *I* wouldn't. I don't PVP, I hate the very concept of it, and I don't want to see any more world events that are Opt-Out rather than Opt-In.

I keep saying to BioWare they need to implement something in this game like ...incursions from EVE. Have a Republic planet or the Capital planets be attacked and we as the players have the utmost duty to go and defend them and it has a "bar" on the top of the screen in the middle where it shows whos getting the points.

Example:

Say the Republic has to attack Drommund Kaas to get points for that world event. Now...because it's the Empire's planet they would get turrets place in random places to help with them defending and it would be harder for the Republic to break it. But if they did, we the players should be rewarded with amazing things. Whether they be special rewards or medals, titles, something. We need to have something similar to that. I could go into more detail so....I will :p

Say one day you are strolling on the beautiful planet of Alderaan when out of nowhere you see an Imperial walker. You think to yourself HOLY CRAP I gotta go back and get some help. Then the Empire players start coming out and having a full fledged invasion on the planet. You go back to the Republic fleet to get help from every 50 you can see. You all head back to the planet and because THEY declared an the invasion you guys would get "defensive positions" randomly placed because you are the defenders. The attackers would get some walkers but mainly it would be all up to the players. There could also be orbital strike positions where you could place beacons (if you were an attacker you would use them to bombard the installations setup for your invasions to gain a stronger foothold to get more of those points, medals, titles and if you were defender you could then interact with them to bombard the invasion force to force them back so you can get the part of the planet back that is getting invaded.

Things like this could make the Star Wars Galaxy seem more at "war" with each other. Invasions would be perfect for this galaxy. I think that, what I just said, would be an EXCELLENT way to do things. Random invasions. They don't have to be every week or 2 weeks or even 3. Once a month or something like that. But make them BIG and REWARDING!!

That would be great. A sudden war incursion, a massive alien "boss" that is terrorizing a world, anything. Even a "political" event where people actually gather in the capital cities- The senate tower is always so empty, and you have to travel through it so much, it would be nice if it had some life!

Who would not like a world war event? I think it would be great, PVP draws a lot of players- and right now there is no world pvp. Have a body count tally on the sidebar, denoting what faction is winning.
Not I. And World PvP is why I play the game. Besides, LucasArts would not allow something that so blatantly violates the lore of the setting. Edited by HeavensAgent