Once your 72 hours is up, can you trasfer back to your original server?

somethingwow

Because i cant stand being in a heavy server. :mad:

- Everyone is on the same bonus that your on and you have to wait for them to get done.

- People are spamming out the general chat.

Sometimes being racist on it.

always joking around

- sometimes i just have people watching you while you fight, its creeping me out.

So over all i prefer to be back on a server were there is very few people on a planet.

Am i the only one that has this problem?

Yup, you're in the minority & so am I.

My server just opened up for a transfer today but I'm staying put because I have no problem paying $15 a month for a single-player game. The less people on my server, the better I like it.

Eventually, they're probably going to force me to move so they can shut down my "dead" server. But I planned ahead: I created placeholder characters on a bunch of other servers back in December because I've seen similar happenings with other MMOs & wanted to be ready.

I'm so grandfathered in, that SWTOR tells me that I need to delete 208 characters before I can create a new one on any server. Guess I'll start freeing up those characters now that I know which server is my destination.

Or maybe I'll wait for paid transfers & go where I want (assuming they force me to leave my current server).

PS- I happened to have a level 11 Republic character on my destination server, so I decided to compare the fleet population between my original server & that one during prime time. Destination server: 265 people. Origin server: 7. HAHA!

Edited by Spawn_of_Santa

IMHO, the advantages of being on a High pop server are better than the ones of being alone.

But the main reason for me was the economy. I burn thru credits like nothing, and game rewards are pathetic unless you do dailies which is only 100k per day. At least with the AH I could easily triple that in a day if I have time, as I am not capped by the amount of dailies I can do.

Once upon a time, I was on a dead server too (that is way before transfers), and I was doing fine... until they nerfed slicing to hell and beyond. That was a cheapp move from BW, that I still dont agree with ! But since, I've been slaved to the GTN.

This forum has not made any sense since day 1, do you know how many threads were made and how many people complained there were not enough people on their server? and now all I see is people complain there are too many people on the server. If you didnt want to play a game that has people playing it with you, you shouldnt have picked an MMO.

Sorry but that's true and always will be, the amount of people on the servers now is normal and what the majority demanded.

Now you have to live with the ninjas, and the waiting for getting that computer in that room.

- Everyone is on the same bonus that your on and you have to wait for them to get done.

always joking around

- sometimes i just have people watching you while you fight, its creeping me out.

So over all i prefer to be back on a server were there is very few people on a planet.

if you are doing the same quest as other people why dont you ask to group up? gets it done faster?

if someones spaming in general you can put them on ignore.. there will be alot of guild recruitment spam for a while to accomodate the new people.. either ignore it or shut off general for now

if people are being racist joking or not.. and it offends you. .report them.. if it doesnt offend you , why are you complaining about it?

i dont know why people would watch you fight, unless they are checking to see if you need help, or if you want to group or if they need to kill the same mobs as you and are being patient and waiting for you to finish.. this is a personal issue, i wouldnt take it as strange or anything.

People complain about this being a single player game and then in the next breath that your only option is to group and work with others but they dont want todo that. I seriously beleive we have a water army in these forums now. Edited by Shingara

always joking around

Nope I have mixed feelings as well!

Over all the grouping when you want is a bonus (though have actually started boycotting some guilds for their behavior in that area to be honest)

But the negatives are definately there as well

As for posters telling you to group for the dailies.

WHY, they are already simplistically easy, why would anyone want to group for anything but the group heroic weekly? Speaking for myself, I dont find zooming through content fun, even if Im doing it every day.

As for the general chat

On my server no one speaks, it sucks

Occationally someone says something and you reply hoping to have a in game discussion going and wham, they all stop saying anything to each other cause interaction bad or something.

And then there is fleet :(

Ive heard the racist stuff, havent heard much joking around, mostly its guild recruiting spam and people ************ about other people because they complained about something or other.

The extra population has not helped create a community on the super servers from where I sit.

So its a mixed bag.

Said it before and say it again, this game needs social content to start giving players a push to form in game relationships (not talking cybering) and social interaction cause right now, it still mostly feels like a single player game with a ton of single players.

But still, I did all there was to do on my empty server so ill get the group content outta the way on the big server and then probably just drift off to a different game unless social content and community building content added.

Population has not addressed the biggest issues in TOR

always joking around

No, you are not the only one. I refuse to move my characters from both servers that have been offered transfers because I don't want to lose the names and I hate overcrowded servers. I'd much rather have no one else to compete against for dailies or other quest mobs since my wife and I play together and we don't care about gear grinds or non open world pvp.

I have a feeling your old server is not going to be around much longer, they will merge them at some point, I don't see them keeping a bunch of really dead servers around it does cost money for up keep, your old server will most likley find new life in one of the clusters, but will be be gone from the list at some point.

Hi i'm anti social in real life so i play MMO's because they're more social but really i'm anti social here too... I hate people.

your like or dislike of people has little to no bering to this game.. if your anti social behaviour is as strong as you say it is, then you would refuse to group with anyone ( my wife is anti social and we mainly group with each other) though an mmo is a safe way to become more social because people here only learn what you want them to..

your like or dislike of people has little to no bering to this game.. if your anti social behaviour is as strong as you say it is, then you would refuse to group with anyone ( my wife is anti social and we mainly group with each other) though an mmo is a safe way to become more social because people here only learn what you want them to..

I was making fun of the op and people saying population is a problem.

I have a feeling your old server is not going to be around much longer, they will merge them at some point, I don't see them keeping a bunch of really dead servers around it does cost money for up keep, your old server will most likley find new life in one of the clusters, but will be be gone from the list at some point.

they will likely eventually merge them..but they might wait until the next buget time. .since that money is already allocated for the server maint. so they will likely kepe them till that buget has to be re spent then they will shut them down.

I know the transfers have completely ruined the community on JC. It used to be a helpful place with some interesting discussion in general... now it's all your mom and anal jokes.

And getting a group isn't any easier then it was before the transfers.

to get groups you need to ask:P and as for rude behaviour report them, theres little more you can do than report and ignore.

the increase of players will always bring an increase in jerks who are rude and what not.. ignore is agreat function.

I know the transfers have completely ruined the community on JC. It used to be a helpful place with some interesting discussion in general... now it's all your mom and anal jokes.

And getting a group isn't any easier then it was before the transfers.

I can beleave that. And some have said the community here is better and a cross server tool will ruin it. Lol! Right now I am smiling and shaking my head. To the OP, it is best to carefully weigh the benefits and negative effects of any action you take before you do them. I would say you cannot transfer back. BioWare did these transfers not only to help those who have complained, but also as part one of a bigger plan on merging the servers.

Greetings,

The free character service is from origin server to destination server only, as explained in our Character Transfer FAQ:

After I transfer my characters to a destination server, can I transfer them back to my origin server?

With the initial Character Transfer Service, transfers are one-way from origin server to destination. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee. You will not be allowed to transfer any characters to an account that is not yours and that was not originally registered by you.

We hope this clears up the matter. Thank you!

I hope you are wrong but they will probably eventually get rid of the old server. I'll wait until that happens and probably cancel as I don't want to lose my names or be forced to play on an overcrowded server against my free will.

While I respect your right to an opinion...

You should be expecting MMOs to be packed with people. You should be expecting that public areas will be filled with other people and grouping to be a part of the norm.

There is a huge part of the game that is still solo friendly. I know its there because I was just out at Black Hole yesterday and was able to complete my dailies.

However, you should not be expecting to just solo around and be able to play the game "by yourself". That isn't the design of the game. Solo areas are nice and expected in a modern MMO, but if you want to experience the "game" as its designed you need to expect other people to be around. You should also expect to group with others to complete content.

While I respect your right to an opinion...

You should be expecting MMOs to be packed with people. You should be expecting that public areas will be filled with other people and grouping to be a part of the norm.

There is a huge part of the game that is still solo friendly. I know its there because I was just out at Black Hole yesterday and was able to complete my dailies.

However, you should not be expecting to just solo around and be able to play the game "by yourself". That isn't the design of the game. Solo areas are nice and expected in a modern MMO, but if you want to experience the "game" as its designed you need to expect other people to be around. You should also expect to group with others to complete content.

I understand your point but by its very nature it has assumptions about my play style that are incorrect. I have no interest in gear grinds or non open world pvp. They hold absolutely no interest for me and as a veteran MMO gamer dating back to UO and EQ with pretty much all major MMOs played from then until now I have a wide range of experience to draw upon to justify it.

The only time I enjoy having other people to play with outside of my wife or a few friends I've played MMOs with for a decade or more is in open world pvp with meaningful objectives and consequences. Daoc, Shadowbane, WAR, etc. For MMOs like this one there is no open world pvp and the only reason to group with others is for gear grinds in either raids or instanced pvp. I have no interest in either.

I understand your point but by its very nature it has assumptions about my play style that are incorrect. I have no interest in gear grinds or non open world pvp. They hold absolutely no interest for me and as a veteran MMO gamer dating back to UO and EQ with pretty much all major MMOs played from then until now I have a wide range of experience to draw upon to justify it.

The only time I enjoy having other people to play with outside of my wife or a few friends I've played MMOs with for a decade or more is in open world pvp with meaningful objectives and consequences. Daoc, Shadowbane, WAR, etc. For MMOs like this one there is no open world pvp and the only reason to group with others is for gear grinds in either raids or instanced pvp. I have no interest in either.

So here's the problem, and I hate to say it...maybe post merges, this game isn't for you.

If those things have no interest to you then I suggest a different game. This game has PLENTLY of solo content both at 50 and during 1-49. If the crowd in the public areas is bother you then perhaps its time to re-think what type of game you want to play.

Otherwise, perhaps re-roll a new toon on a dead server and play there. The servers are essentially merged now and you have to deal with crowds.