Please allow artifice to make augment kits

Dragonexadon

Please let us make anything someone would want to buy! No one seems to buy anything i make. I can't price anything low because of the amount of mats needed to make the item is not worth it.

Crew Skills are effectively just for yourself and buddies.

With how easy it is to max out at 400 skill, dont expect many people to buy your goods cause chances are they have a buddy (or themselves) that can make it for free already!

Crew Skills was a great idea but its worthless because of how easy it is.

Make it slower gain and more costly and I dare say maybe 1 in 20 current crafterswould have done the skills and then suddenly you would have a demand for your goods.

Its all supply and demand and right now the supply grossly out weights the demand.

It would be nice to see Artifice getting a boost since it feels like one of the worst crew skills, plus there are no mobs/droids to get craft loot from. Augments could do it, or some more blueprints.

With how easy it is to max out at 400 skill, dont expect many people to buy your goods cause chances are they have a buddy (or themselves) that can make it for free already!

Crew Skills was a great idea but its worthless because of how easy it is..

Which is pretty much the primary good thing about the RE system. They may have the skill. But they probably don't have the recipie. And unless you are stupid enough to be trying to recoup your costs with just 1 or 2 sales, it's probably far cheaper for other players to just buy the item from you than learn the recipie to make it for themselves and a couple buddies..

Crew Skills was a great idea but its worthless because of how easy it is.

Make it slower gain and more costly and I dare say maybe 1 in 20 current crafterswould have done the skills and then suddenly you would have a demand for your goods.

Its all supply and demand and right now the supply grossly out weights the demand.

This sadly is very true, i have 4 different 400 crafters and so do most of the people in my guild, this game is made to force you to run alts and its so easy to max out a crewskill why not?

I used to get augments, I think from Slicing? Not sure but since they took it away, it's extremely hard to find augments while leveling up! If there are any, they are way too expensive for a new player or reroll.

Orange gear in general is priced out of a new players affordability. You simply can't afford to fill the modification slots, much less buy the pieces for sale.

I used to get augments, I think from Slicing? Not sure but since they took it away, it's extremely hard to find augments while leveling up! If there are any, they are way too expensive for a new player or reroll.

Orange gear in general is priced out of a new players affordability. You simply can't afford to fill the modification slots, much less buy the pieces for sale.

For me the prices are good. They are pricey but it motivates you to do dailies. This post however is more about letting artifices create augment kits

That's intentional.

'Augmented' orange gear is end game gear. There's no reason to try and get that until you're 50 and have something worth tearing apart to stick into it. Part of why there are no low level augments is because there are relatively few low level players and no one is interested in getting low level patterns.

I'm not saying that's a good system, but it's what happens when you hack on an attempt to make crafted custom appearance gear appealing on a system that didn't really work with that. It would have worked marginally better had it been in at launch, but it's still not a good system, which is why they're changing it again in 1.3 and will need to change it again in 1.4 or 1.5 likely.

I think what would make sense is that every craft could create an augment kit usable to add an augment slot on any gear that the craft can make. E.G. to add an augment slot on a lightsaber/relic - you'd need an artificers augment kit.

I think what would make sense is that every craft could create an augment kit usable to add an augment slot on any gear that the craft can make. E.G. to add an augment slot on a lightsaber/relic - you'd need an artificers augment kit.

I agree with this.

The whole point of limiting the crewskills that can craft this is to keep the items at least semi-unique and not subject to downward price pressure when EVERYONE can make them.

This will also make your items more valuable as a re-seller of the augment slots.

This sadly is very true, i have 4 different 400 crafters and so do most of the people in my guild, this game is made to force you to run alts and its so easy to max out a crewskill why not?

My issue is that I leveled 8 alts over on Kathol Rift. Only got 1 to L50 before the server population dropped so low I gave up on the server and quit the game. (My other alts vary in level between L30 & L45).

A bunch of RL friends got in to the game and started playing on Shii Cho and wanted me to join their guild. By the time I got a new character to L50, the guild had died . . .

I'm in a great guild now, but still can't stomach the idea of leveling alts again . . .

The whole point of limiting the crewskills that can craft this is to keep the items at least semi-unique and not subject to downward price pressure when EVERYONE can make them.

This will also make your items more valuable as a re-seller of the augment slots.

The augment will be unique. Armor, synth, and arms will have thiers.

I thought when they said tiered augments, it was going to be by item slot, with a different kit for each slot piece. This sounds moronic, who is going to want a lower level augment slot... nobody is who. A completely useless feature IMO. I don't even bother with slotting augments when leveling cause you level so fast.

Sorry, artifice is destined to be one of the bottom professions forever.

I agree with this as well.

i was thinking the same thing when 1.2 came out with the augments. that only the people that made the gear would be able to make the augments to fit into that piece. its not that hard to do and you could even make some special augment types for certain crewskills. these special types could be procs, ability buffs and etc. they wouldnt be over powering if only a few crewskills could only make them for the items they make; like relic only, implant only, ear and etc.

the kits are the way to go though so for me i welcome that idea. but having the same three crewskills making them is still a bad idea now made even worse.

Are we 100% Artifice is not going to be able to craft augment kits for lightsbares and that the mention in the Q&A wasn't just a mistake?

The Q and A named three specific craters who could craft augment kits. Though I would like to think they just forgot to mention other craters for it, I doubt that is the case.