Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

I will admit, I'm kinda sad that Overload is gonna be a cone-effect now. I was used to using it as a good way to push enemies off my tail if I was trying to power past something . . . :p

Side note: The new armor in the screenshot looks pretty sick. I hope to see a lot of stuff like that.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I welcome the changes, this will make Huttball (the only meaningful gameplay) even more interesting.

Adapt or die whiners.

So if the developers took out Huttball for a month, it'd get rid of your kind?

There ya go, Bioware, Your prayers have been answered. You now know how to get rid of the *****y players.

I play both a sage and a sorcerer. You just really hurt the class by making overload/force wave have a 120 angle arc. That makes it useless as a defense when you are trying to get someone who is hitting you from behind. Furthermore you made our only quick stun a 10 meter range. Seriously? So now we have to run into the range of melee classes range attacks if we want to stun. We are a ranged class!!! We need to fight at range. All we asked for was a dps increase with some defensive abilities...and instead you gave us a nerf to our cc (which is all we have going for us) and the ability to run away easier. Running away is what we disliked about the class...we want to stay in the fight and make a difference with damage. So to sum it up...you took away our ability to root an area with our force wave (now only able to do it in a 120 meter arc), forced us to enter melee class range to be force choked, and made it so we can run away more often. Congratulations on not listening to us by not giving us any dps increase and reducing our cc. You have officially killed the class.

Well Said!

Not to mention that a 120 degree cone force wave makes absolutely no sense at all! Its FORCE WAVE for crying out loud! The iconic ability of Sages and Sorcs! You dont change something fundamental like that.

The only people who are saying "What are you complaining about? Its a buff! you get heal and more running" are people who dont play the class as their main character - ergo they have no idea what they are talking about.

Thus far, it seems like this game is going to the old "Squeakiest wheel gets the oil" routine. So maybe the PVE driven players need to start trolling and yelling more? I'd hate to resort to that but, it seems that may be the only thing the devs. are hearing right now. I have nothing against PVP play, I am just not at all interested due to all the egos that tend to get involved. Just not my thing. My boyfriend and I are SW fans through and through. So... if you want to cater to the PVP..fine but, do it on PVP worlds/areas only. If the PVE'ers keep getting the short end of the stick... my boyfriend and are going to look into another game. I know our $30 a month is just a drop in the bucket but, there's other games who will not deviate from the class lore of their characters the way that has been done here...and they'd love to have that money.

With some exception, the game can be broken down into two different kinds of players. No one should be better than the other and one should not cater to the other. Each has it's own mindset and reason for being in the game.

Common sense solution... Keep PVP on their own servers.... make adjustments to all their demands as you see fit and let them duke it out! Balance away! Keep PVE on their own servers and leave it be! Add some content.

OR

Create a different set of skills used that activate once you enter a PVP area or while playing Huttball.

LEAVE PVE ALONE PLEASE!

Would be nice to see the game hold on to at least some integrity to classes.

Edited by Siobhan_DN

Thus far, it seems like this game is going to the old "Squeakiest wheel gets the oil" routine. So maybe the PVE driven players need to start trolling and yelling more? I'd hate to resort to that but, it seems that may be the only thing the devs. are hearing right now. I have nothing against PVP play, I am just not at all interested due to all the egos that tend to get involved. Just not my thing. My boyfriend and I are SW fans through and through. So... if you want to cater to the PVP..fine but, do it on PVP worlds/areas only. If the PVE'ers keep getting the short end of the stick... my boyfriend and are going to look into another game. I know our $30 a month is just a drop in the bucket but, there's other games who will not deviate from the class lore of their characters the way that has been done here...and they'd love to have that money.

With some exception, the game can be broken down into two different kinds of players. No one should be better than the other and one should not cater to the other. Each has it's own mindset and reason for being in the game.

Common sense solution... Keep PVP on their own servers.... make adjustments to all their demands as you see fit and let them duke it out! Balance away! Keep PVE on their own servers and leave it be! Add some content.

OR

Create a different set of skills used that activate once you enter a PVP area or while playing Huttball.

LEAVE PVE ALONE PLEASE!

Don't be silly. This is a "Wheel that never squeaked and no one ever even knew existed gets the grease that will leak all over everything" routine.

Edited by Darth_Philar

In the live game, being affected by two stuns simultaneously only controls you for 4 seconds, but it gives you full Resolve.

You're kidding us, right? When stun locked, it doesn't take but three seconds to die by any organized group.

Oh but wait, we do get that one special ability to be "immune" to stuns for a tiny fraction, which by this point, is absolutely moot, because you're dead, with your ability to remove stuns on a hefty cool down just to be stunned to death again after respawn.

And the loss of 360 pushback for our beloved Jedi/Sith casters makes absolutely no sense.

Did you ******es hire those *******s that ****ed up SWG?

Don't be silly. This is a "Wheel that never squeaked and no one ever even knew existed gets the grease that will leak all over everything" routine.

^That. Nobody at any time has ever said "Overload" is overpowered OMGZ. Ever. Ever. Since 1.2 the Sorc/Sage has been laughed at and scorned. "Oh, don't give the ball to a sorc" was a common line I heard when I was still pvp'ing. The changes they are doing for "class balancing" is absolutely absurd. Powertechs can continue to kill people in 3-4 buttons AND do double damage through people using protection. That's perfectly fine, but sorcerer overload...that's COMPLETELY UNBALANCED.

I honestly have no idea who the squeaky wheel actually is. I know that Sorcerers have been begging for then to reverse our unnecessary nerfs since 1.2, and all we've gotten is "Learn to play" from the devs because the developers are right, and not the players, who play their characters extensively.

You developers are completely and utterly delusional.

I was told that the Force Wave was fine and just back through the guy and and use it.

1. Stunned or slowed or locked in place or dead.

2. Now I am facing the target I want to get away from.

3. I bet money DPS for Sages goes down and Sage healers die more in PVP and PVE.

Their aim was to make the game more enjoyable.

But the adjusting they going to do to stuns, is ridiculous.

Instead of having less stuns, cause there are to many stuns in this game.

You going to be stunned even longer, cause the resolve does not stack on the resolve, lol.

and to boost, you made Force Wave, 120* grade angle. It's ridiculous.

The adjustments to Stealth classes, are good.

But what you did to Force Wave, and Sages/Sorcs, OMG, you even have testers?

INSTEAD OF MAKING, SUCH RIDICULOUS "ADJUSTMENTS", YOU SHOULD HAVE FOCUSED ON THE PROBLEM OF VANGUARDS AND MARAUDERS BEING TO DAMN OP.

NO Animation for Pushback, good idea. But 120 angle NO GOOD!

Make CD Leaping for Mara/Sent and Guardians longer, just like the Force Speed of Consular 20 sec CD!

Wish they would just do away with the stuns all together tired of being stunned 3 times in a row .

all I hear is complaints about stuns. need to shorten the cool down on the breaks. Also why does it seem the trooper is WAY WAY WAY to over powered. they heal dps and tank all from the same build????

Edited by ThePhenomMantis

Well after reading the notes longer I can see how this will work and I hope it will work well but I do hope is if a player use the same stun after the other stun fades doubling the resolve so the enemy that is getting the stun will have a chance to strike back or able to run away after the enemy stuns back at you.

Now if a player A Stuns the enemy and player B use a stun while the other stun is still active should be reflected back at the player B and the player B get stunned by his own stun punishing the player. Thats something that bioware should add to punish the player giving another stun while the other stun is still active.

Which I think will be cool because when the player B gets stunned by his how stun the enemy can either attack that stunned player or the enemy will have a good opportunity to run away.

I would be happy if they would just get rid of the resolve system as is, or at least fix it so that the following would happen:

1. It actually works the way it is supposed to, instead of getting stunned when you have full resolve, or being immune to stuns / knockbacks when you have no resolve built up at all.

2. Once you reach full resolve, all movement impairing effects currently on you go away and you become immune to all slows, roots and snares as well as stuns.

Quite frankly, I am getting sick and tired of STUN Wars PVP. I couldn't tell you how many times I have been completely stun-locked with full resolve, gotten killed and appeared in the respawn point with 3/4 of a full resolve bar.

If people are going to continually spam their stuns against their opponents, then the opponents need to become completely IMMUNE to it at some point, which I believe is the original intent behind the resolve system in the first place.

If you won't fix resolve, then at least give us a 30 second stun break instead of a 1 minute cool-down.

You want balance? Stop letting extremely talented guilds with vent etc. go against pug. I just got obliterated by We Haz Cookies for about the 500th time. People in chat were leaving and saying they are never coming back to SWTOR because of things like this.

and F2P? once the new players start playing these guilds in WZ they won't want to come back either. and yes they can play WZ's from what I hear. a little bit of questionably unfair balance, mechanically, won't make people hate SWTOR but going against guilds who have vent will (thiss technically unfair because pug is random...one side is not..that's like getting random draft pick football players and making them play against hand selected players.)

Fixing the guild/pug problem is actually fixing balance. That is way more of a priority compared to "micro adjustments" like we see with this update, 1.4.

and yes this is a complicated situation but there are intelligent solutions. Like and in game voice chat, so both sides have the ability to use it, or forcing guilds to go solo if more then 4 of them are queued (this is VIP since two really great guilds of diff names often queue together). Also there could be a buff if their guild is that much stronger. I mean at least a little. I am almost full WH and I died almost instantly every time I hit the field. I am not exaggerating. Anyone who has played this guild understands.

I don't mind it too much, because I get my my daily quicker but new F2p players, and PvE'rs who are just trying to have fun to pass the time...well they hate this crap.

ITS ABOUT PRIORITY. "Micro managing" is not priority.

Edited by NoaFlux

Well after reading the notes longer I can see how this will work and I hope it will work well but I do hope is if a player use the same stun after the other stun fades doubling the resolve so the enemy that is getting the stun will have a chance to strike back or able to run away after the enemy stuns back at you.

Now if a player A Stuns the enemy and player B use a stun while the other stun is still active should be reflected back at the player B and the player B get stunned by his own stun punishing the player. Thats something that bioware should add to punish the player giving another stun while the other stun is still active.

Which I think will be cool because when the player B gets stunned by his how stun the enemy can either attack that stunned player or the enemy will have a good opportunity to run away.

I think that idea wouldn't be good in practice, cause of many things (dont want to spent long time explaining).

But just normal immune to the stunns, rots, slows, etc. for 30 sec, when your resolve bar got full, would be good.

(Marauders and Guardians Leap should be made 20 sec cooldown, just like Consulars Force Speed is.

Also the Leap roots for 3 seconds, even when yours resolve bar is full.

When Mar/Sen jumps on you in Hutball, when your caring the ball over fire pit, even when your resolve bar is full = death.

Then in every warzone, there is always more than 1 Mar/Sen in opposite team).

Edited by ProKsnNwk

It's just silly what they have done to this game in the span of a year. Mostly because they refuse to listen to the player base and just keep thinking they know what we want.

And then they won't even bother to test this stuff before unleashing it.

Well I do agree the overall game they did a good job once it released but now I am not so sure if bioware doesn't listen to there players then the game fails and bioware will be like what happened we had almost had 2 or 3 mil people and now less than a million of people playing the game. Listening to the players is the key to making this game a success but not to much like blizzard did to were they did every change that a player complains about and ruins the classes.

Well anyways I myself are getting tired of stun spams if bioware wants to get people to enjoy the game then pls pls PLS PLS BIOWARE INCREASE THE STUN COOLDOWN OR MAKE IT WERE ONE STUN THE RESOLVE IS FULL AND NO MORE STUNS. snares fine or any other ability that will stop you in your tracks but the character will still do a spell once snared etc etc.

Edited by Tooie

I would be happy if they would just get rid of the resolve system as is, or at least fix it so that the following would happen:

1. It actually works the way it is supposed to, instead of getting stunned when you have full resolve, or being immune to stuns / knockbacks when you have no resolve built up at all.

2. Once you reach full resolve, all movement impairing effects currently on you go away and you become immune to all slows, roots and snares as well as stuns.

Quite frankly, I am getting sick and tired of STUN Wars PVP. I couldn't tell you how many times I have been completely stun-locked with full resolve, gotten killed and appeared in the respawn point with 3/4 of a full resolve bar.

If people are going to continually spam their stuns against their opponents, then the opponents need to become completely IMMUNE to it at some point, which I believe is the original intent behind the resolve system in the first place.

If you won't fix resolve, then at least give us a 30 second stun break instead of a 1 minute cool-down.

I will agree that resolve is still quite broken. Our Sage guildmates repeatedly complain of the same problem--full resolve bar, still getting stun-locked and killed. It is Not Fun when that happens.

OR

LEAVE PVE ALONE PLEASE!

So starting a capaign to remove all PvP from game will work? Sign me up.