SWTOR Holiday Update

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bruce, how about adding the ability to queue for Warzones OR Arenas OR both!

Also, maybe you could convince Austin to address Commando/Mercs in 2.5 since they have, what I would consider, bigger issues than most of the other classes. Some of your proposed tweaks could easily have waited.

Can I ask you why? What enhances the game by calling it "season 1"? Bragging rights? Honest question...

I think it's more of a "It is actually happening thing" more than anything new. We have been in pre-season for a very long time now. I am just happy to see it moving forward.

So with character rename, i have some levels under 10 but i like the names and i will level them at some point. Will those lose their names? also any word on having character armory? also will there be different ladders for solo and team? Edited by befear

Yeah! Season 1! Wait...? Nooooooo! All my hard earned rating in solo queue will dissappear. At least it will happen for everyone... :o

(Reason I say it's hard earned, is that I haven't got all that much time for SWToR, only around 45 minutes to 2 hours a day. Which is not a lot, considering that you can run into a lot of dumbwits on ToFN in solo rwz)

So with character rename, i have some levels under 10 but i like the names and i will level them at some point. Will those lose their names? also any word on having character armory? also will there be different ladders for solo and team?

Why don't anyone read!

Current Subscribers will not have any characters renamed, regardless of activity or level on that character. Period.

Double XP weekend will be nice since I am working that weekend and can use it to pass the time. Kind of a long time to wait for the Gree event, but hopefully one of the 'surprises' is something else.

Kind of ho hum, I guess, but I'm not big on PvP or space PvP so it's not really aimed at me.

1. Commando/Mercenary Treatment

When a group of developers ignore the complaints of a class in an mmo until the players of said class reroll, quit or just become too tired to complain. Thus solving the root cause of said complaints. This is followed up by the developers patting each other's backs and congratulating each other on a job well done.

1. Bioware is really putting powertechs through the commando/mercenary treatment. Each patch powertech's think their class can not get worse, when it does.

2. If the RNG gods align, we can be one shot by a Boss mechanic, and there is nothing we can do. Us assassin tanks are getting the Commando/Mercenary treatment.

3. Because of Bioware's consistent use of the commando/mercenary treatment one will find a lack of commandos and mercenaries queing for the 4 v 4 ranked arenas.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Commando%2FMercenary%20Treatment

Hello Bruce! Which patch can we expect chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat to be in? Could you please sneak them in as a holiday present? If not, which approximate patch number can we expect them for?

The one just after servers shut down for good. I hope this is something that never gets implemented.

Big question about the name wipes:

Say there is someone you know who falls into the category of getting their name wiped, but they plan on coming back and and want to make sure they keep it? Do they need to re-subscribe to reserve their name, or can they just log in Preferred and show there was some activity?

You want feedback?

MORE CLASS STORY.

Start listening to the people who have been asking for it at almost EVERY CANTINA EVENT, as well as in the forums.

There's my feedback. Great work on the other stuff, but don't brush off those playing the game for our character's story...

So with character rename, i have some levels under 10 but i like the names and i will level them at some point. Will those lose their names? also any word on having character armory? also will there be different ladders for solo and team?

Are you a subscriber? If so, they said specifically that none of your characters will lose their name.

If you're not - better level those fellas and gals up before they become Generic Jedi #42! The "I will level them at some point" defense no longer holds any meaning for non-subs. Use them or free them up for those of us who will!

Big question about the name wipes:

Say there is someone you know who falls into the category of getting their name wiped, but they plan on coming back and and want to make sure they keep it? Do they need to re-subscribe to reserve their name, or can they just log in Preferred and show there was some activity?

Based on the Update we both read, your friend either needs to re-sub (and stay subbed through Nov 12) or at least level the characters they want past 10.

Otherwise, no more hoarding names. About time!

Hey everyone,

Senior Producer Bruce Maclean has posted a SWTOR Holiday Update - Give it a read here! :jawa_smile:

Nice, Season 1. Too bad nobody/very few guilds is/are going to be around to participate in it on PoT5.

Hopefully the main people in charge realize that Class balance and fixing bugs with Arena should be their first priority.

You want feedback?

MORE CLASS STORY.

Start listening to the people who have been asking for it at almost EVERY CANTINA EVENT, as well as in the forums.

There's my feedback. Great work on the other stuff, but don't brush off those playing the game for our character's story...

I love class stories just as much as the next person. Played all 8 classes to 55 (agent trumps all obviously :D). But I think its time we came to terms that the class stories are not coming back. Bioware Devs have made it clear time and time again they will not be doing them anymore. It's time we accept that this is their decision and work on how we can improve the world stories and how we can intergrate class stories within the world stories.

So here's my suggestion. I think a good idea is have class story moments that can make the world stories distinct enough but still follow the same paths. For example lets say the next new planet is Sleyheron and one of the Shroud's Lts is hiding out there and its up to Republic and Imperial players to find and take the Lt out. Lets say as an Agent you discover that the Lt is actually a member of the Star Cabal and he has information on where the rest of the members location if you let him go. We may not see differences quest wise but the story itself can be distinctive enough that it can feel different each time.

Edited by MisterBlackJack