Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

Reverse Hypergate

Or 4 orbs are where each node currently is and they have to be collected and brought to the singular node at mid. Channel time to pick up orbs is reduced to like 2.5-3s, but there is also a 1s channel to drop orb at center node. Each orb you bring back gets you a point. If you have more points for the round you win the round. First team to win 3 or four rounds wins.

Edited by Jimmajamma

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least two new Huttball maps, and a spectator mode that permits gambling for in-game creds/items, woth the house taking the usual cut.

The idea of the latter being to get more people interested in PvP, and get them PvP'ing.

(And introduce more Mercs to the brilliance that is the original Huttball, of course. And even Q-ball, at that.)

Huttball? How about Hutt-brawl:

Same as current, only everyone versus everyone, with the only objective being to score. The individual with the most goals wins. If scoreless at the end, then calculate the winner by Killing Blows and/or Solo-kills.

Or 4 orbs are where each node currently is and they have to be collected and brought to the singular node at mid. Channel time to pick up orbs is reduced to like 2.5-3s, but there is also a 1s channel to drop orb at center node. Each orb you bring back gets you a point. If you have more points for the round you win the round. First team to win 3 or four rounds wins.

An assist! Nice Job hahah!

Hi Guys,

Got a few ideas for Warzones etc.

Basic abilities

After playing this game and other SW games it is evident that the basic abilities do not seem to be available.

For example force users should have:

Pull, push, throw, leap and speed.

Only certain character classes have a proportion of these in-game which seems strange. This could be due to the fact that it might make the force users OP in what they can do however that could be redressed by adding jet-packs, hydraulic jumping skills, concussion bombs, grappling tools and nets (I am aware of the harpoons etc. btw) to non-force classes. I do think that the developers have missed-out on providing what in essence are basic abilities which could make such classes more fun to play be that in PVP and also PVE.

I know guardians etc. can leap to other players however I mean the ability to jump on a ledge, building, walkway etc.

Combat could be made more immersive if such players had the ability to pull/push objects and players whilst in Warzones and arenas

Warzone/Arenas

As per the basic skills section the utilisation of basic skills could make wz's and arenas more immersive.

The current state of PVP is geared around objectives; huttball and nodes. Whilst this is one element of combat we often see in PVE is the fact that there is much more activity taking place around associated with NPC's, the terrain, buildings etc. This is lacking in the PVP aspect of the game.

The ability to have matches where the objectives related to the following it is likely the PVP side of the game would draw more people:

• Boarding a star-ship and fighting your way to take the bridge with spawn points located in corridors.
  • Having the ability to climb, leap onto buildings to engage in combat - essentially a ffa Death match type wz's (Rebs vs Imps, same faction, mixed faction and ffa) where the match runs until the players have been killed 'x' amount of times or until the timer (say 30 mins) runs down.
  • Capturing certain parts of a city/area (within a pvp match itself), mirror something like Corellia, Kashyyyk, Coruscant, Korriban etc.
  • Terrain based wz's - forest, ice, fire planets where the terrain is against you as much as the other team.
  • NPC's in-game that are wandering around which if combat is initiated near to them will engage against the people fighting.
  • When a node is captured a 2 man NPC support team is teleported in to help hold the objective or the ability to summon (every couple of minutes) NPC's to help within a wz. It would make taking re-taking objectives much more difficult and rewards could be awarded accordingly for such feats.
  • Game balancing - if a wz/arena is not fully populated the missing spot is filled with a NPC until/if the slot is filled. Obviously they won't have the same abilities as the classes but they could prevent face-rolling situations where one team is destroying the other due having greater numbers. We've seem support droids recently, why not have a similar feature?
  • The ability to destroy certain parts of the terrain or a building to hamper the other team. Destroying a bridge or walkway to drop players into a pit etc.
  • Walkways which can be retracted to prevent the enemy from crossing.

The other thing which might be beneficial is to have ability to view wz's and/or arenas from within the combat area of the fleet where you can observe matches, learn the skills and techniques that seasoned players use. Someone would for example plug in a terminal to watch such matches (low and high level games) and again this could encourage more people to participate in PVP. You could also have certain wz matches on a larger screen for everyone to view which would rotate to another wz once it had ended.

On the GSF front you could have players captain a command ship which is used to send-out npc's to engage another command ship of the other faction. The could be a strategy type game to see how a player could organise a mini fleet under their command.

Regards,

Kren

:csw_bluesaber:

I'd like to see some kind of trench warfare warzone, where you have to 'advance the goalposts', by getting enough of your team to a certain line. Then perhaps a second, and a third line after that. Perhaps with defenses that the defenders can make use of, or ways to bottleneck them.

I'd also like a 12v12 warzone.

How about Murder Ball, Capture the Flag or even an Alterac Valley type pvp zone where dare I say you can use mounts in a warzone. Or you could just quit working on a new wz and give people what they really want, better than cross server. I've been trying to get a ranked solo match all week and can't get one, no point in making a new wz if you don't get pops right?

This thread is pointless but I'd love to play in an invade/defend Coruscant's Jedi Temple. There'd be an outside door fight with upper and lower level doors and an inner sanctum fight. They could rip a lot of the setup right out of the trailer. Edited by Savej

Republic/Imperial fleet warzone, similar to voidstar. Start off in south hangar bay, two doors into the circular passageway between main fleet area and hangars, then two doors between vendor area and cantina area, final two doors give access to the lifts which players must ascend to plant a bomb or shut down the station from within the VIP area. Being at the final stage on the VIP platform would make for interesting fights. ;)

Would be a wise idea for the devs to focus on creating new PVP maps out of content that is already in the game, since it would introduce less bugs, involve less work, and bring about a feeling of nostalgia that we can all warm to.

Our PvP team is really excited to see what ideas you can all come up with. No joke, I just left their pit and every one of them has this thread on their monitors, they are taking it seriously.

Please, carry on with your ideas, the PvP team wants them :)

-eric

PvP team?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm guessing the pvp department looks something like this.

Hi Guys,

Got a few ideas for Warzones etc.

Basic abilities

After playing this game and other SW games it is evident that the basic abilities do not seem to be available.

For example force users should have:

Pull, push, throw, leap and speed.

Only certain character classes have a proportion of these in-game which seems strange. This could be due to the fact that it might make the force users OP in what they can do however that could be redressed by adding jet-packs, hydraulic jumping skills, concussion bombs, grappling tools and nets (I am aware of the harpoons etc. btw) to non-force classes. I do think that the developers have missed-out on providing what in essence are basic abilities which could make such classes more fun to play be that in PVP and also PVE.

I know guardians etc. can leap to other players however I mean the ability to jump on a ledge, building, walkway etc.

Combat could be made more immersive if such players had the ability to pull/push objects and players whilst in Warzones and arenas

Warzone/Arenas

As per the basic skills section the utilisation of basic skills could make wz's and arenas more immersive.

The current state of PVP is geared around objectives; huttball and nodes. Whilst this is one element of combat we often see in PVE is the fact that there is much more activity taking place around associated with NPC's, the terrain, buildings etc. This is lacking in the PVP aspect of the game.

The ability to have matches where the objectives related to the following it is likely the PVP side of the game would draw more people:

• Boarding a star-ship and fighting your way to take the bridge with spawn points located in corridors.
  • Having the ability to climb, leap onto buildings to engage in combat - essentially a ffa Death match type wz's (Rebs vs Imps, same faction, mixed faction and ffa) where the match runs until the players have been killed 'x' amount of times or until the timer (say 30 mins) runs down.
  • Capturing certain parts of a city/area (within a pvp match itself), mirror something like Corellia, Kashyyyk, Coruscant, Korriban etc.
  • Terrain based wz's - forest, ice, fire planets where the terrain is against you as much as the other team.
  • NPC's in-game that are wandering around which if combat is initiated near to them will engage against the people fighting.
  • When a node is captured a 2 man NPC support team is teleported in to help hold the objective or the ability to summon (every couple of minutes) NPC's to help within a wz. It would make taking re-taking objectives much more difficult and rewards could be awarded accordingly for such feats.
  • Game balancing - if a wz/arena is not fully populated the missing spot is filled with a NPC until/if the slot is filled. Obviously they won't have the same abilities as the classes but they could prevent face-rolling situations where one team is destroying the other due having greater numbers. We've seem support droids recently, why not have a similar feature?
  • The ability to destroy certain parts of the terrain or a building to hamper the other team. Destroying a bridge or walkway to drop players into a pit etc.
  • Walkways which can be retracted to prevent the enemy from crossing.

The other thing which might be beneficial is to have ability to view wz's and/or arenas from within the combat area of the fleet where you can observe matches, learn the skills and techniques that seasoned players use. Someone would for example plug in a terminal to watch such matches (low and high level games) and again this could encourage more people to participate in PVP. You could also have certain wz matches on a larger screen for everyone to view which would rotate to another wz once it had ended.

On the GSF front you could have players captain a command ship which is used to send-out npc's to engage another command ship of the other faction. The could be a strategy type game to see how a player could organise a mini fleet under their command.

Regards,

Kren

Great ideas. Eric Musco said that the pvp team is watching this thread with great detail with all of their monitors on this thread about a year ago, and now with their expert intelligence gatherer on the team, I am sure there is no way the devs will miss this.

I couldnt find the dev post asking for new ideas for GSF. So I'll just throw one out there into the wild and see if it lands somewhere.

I'm going to write another post over at the GSF forums discussing it in more detail.

I want a GSF map that appears to be cluttered and impossible to navigate. No one can use an escape flight maneuver because you will crash. Missile targeting is nearly impossible because of all the twists and turns. All of this added extra interference and obstacles add to the challenge of the match. It's like fighting inside of a death star .... maybe an ancient Rakata ship.

By the way the GSF idea posted above is also an amazing idea. It would be like the first space sim moba, but manual. Only Fleet Admirals should be able to summon the NPC starfighters from their flagship into the gsf match, which can be seen from the flagship.

Edited by HiddenPalm

Many thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Likewise a good idea about an obstacle based map for the GSF, it would certainly be challenging to say the least.

Hopefully the dev's will consider some of the points from us both. I've got some other ideas but that will be a post for another day.

Regards,

Kren

Would it be feasible to add a sort-of "randomizer" to the WarZones' maps?

I realize that creating new game areas is difficult and the engine doesn't exactly allow for a completely randomly generated map. Would it be possible, though, for certain elements to be randomized when the WZ instance is generated? The WZ itself is the base platform with "objects" that are a different kind of category e.g. buffs/heals, interactive panels, force field etc.

So based on that, would it be possible, using the existing maps, to add the following:

- areas that would randomly provide either cover or an obstacle (this would be set as the WZ instance is generated and would not change throughout the WZ)

- e.g. 20 places for buffs to appear, but only 4 buffs would ever be populated at a time (they could appear somewhere else after being picked up, but not too close to other buffs)

That was just my brainstorming, but generally, the main issue with WZs right now, for me at least, is that every one of them has its 1 or 2 "optimal" strategies and eventually, you can play them with your eyes closed. If this could be offset by challenging people to adapt quickly to an always partially unknown territory, the individual WZs would get old much much less quickly than the way they do now... and it could potentially not be completely financially backbreaking to do.

Edited by GregoryAdams

• 1 month later...
they forgot all about this :/

That's really not how it works. You don't start a thread and then keep track of it and continue to refer to it until the end of time. If you start a thread asking for new types of warzones and get ten amazing suggestions... you're not going to keep looking. That's more than enough to get several project started.

King of the hill is a must. Also a map designed to be more melee advantage leaving less room for ranged to stand back forever and cast. Like queshball is a perfect example of a warzone that leaves melee in a whole heap of trouble. Being cast at every lvl and nothing you can do, getting knocked off the ledge...takes 10 seconds to get back...might as well got flash banged twice in a corner.

King of the hill eliminates people who camp. (As long as the hill rotates of course with dozen+ locations that are randomized.

Maybe a spawn timer instead of "Oh lucky me I died when the door just opened" vs the person who gets full door every time.

Also a pop up window that appears to the first healer on a team joining a warzone (Another player is a healer, do you wish to respec or continue into the warzone?) If you decline it will be passed on to the next healer up to respecing inside the warzone just for them if they choose. (Something to that effect) Tired of being in a warzone with 4 healers as a healer myself. /quit.

Yes new maps please with variable differences even if its the same warzone type it would be nice to be like oh voidstar but located somewhere else with different things going on but same type objectives.

But new game play like king of the hill is a must. A free for all 8 v 8. (Ugh have to go!) 12 v 12?

Edited by VixenRawR

Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers! :w_smile:

Whatever you come up with just make sure it isn't a 15 fps lag fest like the 2nd hutt ball map.

There should be a map where you're pitted against like 8 other people, but before the match you're able to negotiate alliances, say against a sin or conceal op (so they can't solo it), or against multiple guildies or "stronger" players. Power ups located throughout, last person alive wins, so obviously alliances will be made and broken.