Maintenance: August 7, 2018

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, August 7th in order to apply Game Update 5.9.2. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 7 August 2018

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.9.2

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Dev Post
Any word on those patch notes?

You will have them today! It may be a bit later in the day, I have quite a few meetings and things early on which is taking me away from my Lord Ptach responsibilities.

I will get them to you ASAP, they are pretty long :).

-eric

You will have them today! It may be a bit later in the day, I have quite a few meetings and things early on which is taking me away from my Lord Ptach responsibilities.

I will get them to you ASAP, they are pretty long :).

-eric

Heh meetings, how I hate those, 1 hour of sitting, listening for nothing :D

Boo, my great wonderful bug (cough) feature is gone.

Conquest Objectives will no longer auto-complete or grant repeat completion when changing zones.

End of earning encryptions for my guild, we're too casual for much more than rampages and the occasional easy op, and the one or two people doing pvp.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• The end of Conquest review period will now begin on Tuesday at 1100 GMT / 4AM Pacific (back from 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Monday) and lasts one hour (down from 24).
  • Guilds must commit to a planetary Conquest by 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Sunday (moved up from 0600 GMT / 11PM Pacific Monday / Sunday).

These times can't be correct. Ever since the 5.8 conquest revamp, conquest resets at 1800 GMT / 11AM Pacific, not at 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific. If the review period is supposed to be one hour, conquest must end at 1700 GMT / 10AM Pacific. Or are you changing the reset time back to how it was originally so it will be at the same time as weekly/daily quest resets?

This is not a minor issue. Like most guilds, we adjust our RL schedule so that at least one officer is online when conquest starts. If you put these times in the patch notes, make sure they are correct and don't have Inconsistencies like this.

Conquest Objectives will no longer auto-complete or grant repeat completion when changing zones.

It's sad to see that you are fixing this bug. It was the only thing that made the conquest revamp acceptable for many players. Outside of the one-time objectives, it is very difficult to complete the required points for conquest.

Z0-0M’s Kolto Shot ability now heals for the correct amount. Previously this ability was healing for less than was indicated in the tooltip.

Am I understanding this note correctly? You are actually buffing the most OP healing companion so it is even stronger? What happened to "All companions should be identical"? Especially considering that Z0-0M can no longer be acquired if you weren't a sub back then.

I really enjoy my OP Z0-0M, but I constantly meet new or returning players who ask me which companion to use and I have to tell them: Sorry, you can't have nice things; the best companion is unobtainable.

As much as they would like to be humanoid, the droid enemies in the Traitor Among the Chiss Flashpoint will no longer be affected by Sleep Dart, Tranquilizer, Mind Trap, and Mind Maze.

Noooo! I loved mezzing those droids so we could skip them. The trash groups in the newer flashpoints are very annoying, it's just bad game design and you shouldn't punish players for trying to skip them.

You didn't mention the droids in the Nathema flashpoint, so here's hoping that those can still be mezzed but I don't have high hopes.

Player Nameplate Icons for Sages, Sorcerers, Assassins, and Shadows in PvP have had their colors adjusted for clarity.

Thank you very, very much for this change. I know I was a little obnoxious on PTS about this issue but it is great to see it fixed after 6+ years.

Unfortunately, I can't find the following change in the patch notes:

• Using interactable objects in Ancient Hypergates and Voidstar will now break stealth automatically.

You mentioned it in the patch notes for the third PTS patch, so I'm hoping it will still hit the live servers and you just forgot to put it in the patch notes.

Edited by Jerba

Eric, is Kira and Lord Scrouge (sp) returning in this patch. Some of my guild members thought it was.

Definite "no". Charles/Eric have said they're coming back probably before the next expac but no details yet.

So i don't normally post in the forums, but I have a qualm about the newest update coming up..

CQ reset is only going to be down for 1 hr, which will give ppl on Monday time to hit CQ..

However for a large guild like mine it is going to cause quite a bit of issue because we track CQ pts and who hits CQ for ranking purposes and to keep high activity. We also reward those who hit the most points, etc.

Can we get an option for those of us who use the guild window/notes a lot to better track conquest? please?

OR can we please go back to 24 hr downtime? it gives us time to update notes, prep for the coming week, work on story etc. On another note, I would like to request on behalf of those who are administrative in this game some revamp or fixes for the chat/notes because often you have to continually reclick the chat box or it will pull you out of the box and certain keys you hit will bring up 1,000 windows.

Also, if there was a way for us to export the info that would be super helpful so we can track it that way. because right now there is no way to track who hit what points from previous weeks without some serious time and tabbing in/out and screenshots.

Sincerely, and with respect -An Active guild leader <3

Edited by TheRachMonster
Addendum

Thank you for the patch notes, Lord Ptach!

I noticed there was no mention of whether or not the cap on strongholds is being raised for guilds or for individuals. I'm still crossing all my fingers and toes that this has been addressed, so that folks aren't locked out of getting Rishi.

I knew there was going to be some positive changes for this patch and I was really looking forward to what was to come.

However, the following is a complete shock.

The end of Conquest review period will now begin on Tuesday at 1100 GMT / 4AM Pacific (back from 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Monday) and lasts one hour (down from 24).

I do kinda get why the change was made but this greatly and negativity impacts many guilds who track this information in area's like the officer notes and provides ranks based on some the weekly information on a toon. Now that there is this tiny little window, on a Tuesday when most guild officers/leaders are working, we are going to miss our window to reward and track our members.

Can we get an option to view legacy data on our guild, like a drop down menu with a week conquest week so we can look at the activity/notes from that week? Or can we pull the information from somewhere? Can we update multiple people at once? Select XXX number of people and add note or change rank?

We do contest, rewards, ranks, etc in my guild and have over 900 members to track. I really hope something can be done to make ranking, notating, managing guilds, using the guild window, etc. As it stands right now, me and two other high level officers spend 3-4 hours each every Monday updating ranks, member notes, officer notes one at a time to keep our information as up to date as possible. Then you add on a very bugging interface system where you can not have any window open to type as other windows randomly start popping up and a guild window that has to be clicked on sometime 5-10 times to complete one note on a member because the cursor will not stay.

Sincerely,

Totally worried guild leader! :(

Edited by laanie
I need to clarify and add now that I have had time to read my post and asorbe the information.

Definite "no". Charles/Eric have said they're coming back probably before the next expac but no details yet.

I wish I knew why the devs seem to hate the idea of Knight and Consular characters ever getting their crews (including three class story romantic interests!) back. No other classes have the amount of companions MIA (3 for each Jedi class), and some classes have long since had their full crews show back up. What did us Jedi players ever do to you, guys? :(

In other news, I am happy to note that GSF matches will also be cross-faction now. That should help pops, which makes me happy as it's the only PvP type game mode I enjoy. I am wondering how matchmaking for ground PvP and GSF both will be taking into account player skill. Valor rating for ground PvP and number of mastered ships for GSF? Or will it be based on something like achievements? I'm curious as to how this will work in action.

Edited by AscendingSky

Patch notes are now live!

-eric

Nothing in patch notes about the dysnc problems?

Is this something that didn’t make it into the notes or have you guys decided not to fix it?

Also nothing for Lightning Sorcs? Are we ever going to see them get a buff?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I wish I knew why the devs seem to hate the idea of Knight and Consular characters ever getting their crews (including three class story romantic interests!) back. No other classes have the amount of companions MIA (3 for each Jedi class), and some classes have long since had their full crews show back up. What did us Jedi players ever do to you, guys? :(

Don’t forget Sith Sorcs are still waiting too.

In other news, I am happy to note that GSF matches will also be cross-faction now. That should help pops, which makes me happy as it's the only PvP type game mode I enjoy. I am wondering how matchmaking for ground PvP and GSF both will be taking into account player skill. Valor rating for ground PvP and number of mastered ships for GSF? Or will it be based on something like achievements? I'm curious as to how this will work in action.

The Dev notes during the pts test said they track other statistics regarding player skill and apparently always have. But they aren’t live for us to see them.

So, these statistics we can’t see, plus gear lvl and probably things like win/loss ratios, will factor into the match making.

I don’t think Valor is being used or if it is, it’s not been mentioned,