Help Choosing a Class!

primetimesambo

I am a new player looking for a class that uses a lightsaber and that can dps and heal or tank. I am not interested in any of the gun/gaget classes. I have a level 12 Jedi Sentinel and I enjoy him, but I do not want to be held to just one role. I am intersted in the Juggernuat/Gaurdian class but have concerns with their DPS/Leveling ability. Same with the Sage/Sorc classes. Can anyone please help me choose a class? Edited by primetimesambo

I am a new player looking for a class that uses a lightsaber and that can dps and heal/tank. I am not interested in any of the gun/gaget classes. I have a level 12 Jedi Sentinel and I enjoy him, but I do not want to be held to just one role. I am intersted in the Juggernuat/Gaurdian class but have concerns with their DPS/Leveling ability. Same with the Sage/Sorc classes. Can anyone please help me choose a class?

-You will always be restricted to one role simply because an advanced class spec is meant to either heal, tank or dps. Not all 3. So unfortunately the class your looking for doesn't exist.

Edited by StratisX

Any advanced class can DPS/level with no issues. Any. They all have at least 2 dps trees (shared tree and AC's dps tree) along with their utility tree if it's a hybrid class.

Also, with a dps companion, there's nothing wrong with, even, leveling as a tank or healer spec, you still do really good damage.

Now you can't choose an advanced class that tanks and heals, you have to choose one or the other.

Break down a little better on what play style you prefer if you want anything further.

-You will always be restricted to one role simply because an advanced class spec is meant to either heal, tank or dps. Not all 3. So unfortunately the class your looking for doesn't exist.

Pretty sure he gets that he'd have to respec to change from tank to dps, or heals, to dps, or vice versa.

Well at first the Assassin/Shadow class really appealed to me because when I played WoW years ago I really enjoyed played a rogue. I leveled one to 12 or so and it was okay, maybe I should have given it more time.

To be honest, my playstyle really depends on my mood or what I feel like doing in the game. If I am going to group up, I'd like to be a healer or dps. I have never really tanked in any game. For PvP I don't enjoy being a healer as much, so I mainly focus on DPS.

Most of my characters in other games have been healers or damage dealers. I should say that I have never been a ranged damage dealer before (sage/sorc) as I kinda always liked to be in the middle of the action I guess.

I guess a sage/sorc may be good to start out with before I can DPS or heal and can melee when they get too close...

Edited by primetimesambo

Personally, I love assassin and it does pick up a bit towards 20 with skill points and more abilities. I just purely enjoy it, and love it in PvP. Funnily enough, I hate rogue in WoW lol.

If you want to be a healer with a glowstick, you're restricted to Sorcerer/Sage. Which is pretty fun to play, I'm not a fan of Sorcerer as much though, you can only render lighting so many ways lol. I much prefer to play Sage, more visually appealing.

Yeah I may give the assassin/shadow class another try. I have a question though: do you have any stuns or anything like that? What I really enjoyed doing in WoW was just "stunlocking" someone up where they never really had a chance. I just loved doing that lol

Also, "healer with a glowstick" is hilarious

Edited by primetimesambo

Yeah I may give the assassin/shadow class another try. I have a question though: do you have any stuns or anything like that? What I really enjoyed doing in WoW was just "stunlocking" someone up where they never really had a chance. I just loved doing that lol

Also, "healer with a glowstick" is hilarious

:jawa_wink:

Yes, every class in the game gets some type of stun. I believe Inquisitor gets theirs at 13/14.

:jawa_wink:

Yes, every class in the game gets some type of stun. I believe Inquisitor gets theirs at 13/14.

However, stunlocking is not possible in SWTOR. You have a mechanic called resolve which appears as a grey bar under the health bars in PvP. Once the bar is full that person becomes immune to "most" CC for 15 seconds.