Yes ANOTHER gripe at premades in warzones

Rousso

1. Make it a 4-man group requirement for ranked instead of 8 - two 4 man pre-made groups against two 4 man pre-made groups, there're already quite a lot of these roaming around in unranked now, so the queues will be better.

this would make for more interesting WZs. I'm not sure about doing it for rated, but it might be a nice compromise to create an *optional* grp queue that grps can queue for. I'd be very interested to see how well that would work or if grps would avoid it the way they do rated.

this would make for more interesting WZs. I'm not sure about doing it for rated, but it might be a nice compromise to create an *optional* grp queue that grps can queue for. I'd be very interested to see how well that would work or if grps would avoid it the way they do rated.

I agree with this. Just disagree about making it ranked warzones.

I know there are already one million threads on this issue (or feature, if you're a biowarebot) but I have to get this off my chest. Bioware, your pvp system is HORRIBLE. I've spent 3 hours this morning (trying to cap my comms to stand a chance for 1.6) losing. Not just losing, but being literally roflstomped and then forced to sit it out just for the points (I get more for defense medals than I do head-butting my way through concrete) - which gives me plenty of time to sit there and wonder why I'm playing this game AND paying for it.

Question 1: Why don't you just join a pre-made?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play this game casually, I like to jump on play for an hour or two and then carry on with my life. I've asked to join pvp guilds, but ones who accept casual players are VERY hard to find and usually don't just let anyone join, they need to make sure you're good. I'm fully aware that unless I get involved in pvp this way then I'm sacrificing things like rated warzones and the best rewards (this game doesn't have many yet, though) but I'm happy to just stick to normal pvp - I want this to be MY choice.

Question 2: Do you think ALL pre-mades like going against PUGs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely not, in fact I feel pretty sorry for some of you. If you sat in the rated queues you'll probably get a match every couple of hours so I don't blame you doing unranked - but do you REALLY have to join every unranked with a group of 4, can't you just random it like everyone else for a bit of fun? I'm sure your pvp skills aren't exactly getting honed at the moment.

Question 3: Should we really care about casual players? Isn't that what pve is for?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should absolutely care about casual players, our £8.99/month is just as good as yours and unless you're willing to foot the bill for all the casuals who leave then our voice is just as important as yours.

Question 4: Isn't this game awesome and people want to play?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really, it definitely has its redeeming qualities for me otherwise I wouldn't be playing but it's technically flawed. Look I'm all for buying into your own brand but sitting there with your fingers in your ears regurgitating the mantra of "everything's fine, people want to play, everything's fine people want to play" isn't a realistic end game. Your game is in trouble, I can tell by the (small) number of people playing on the "heavy" server you people need to pull your finger out.

Look, at the moment your game feels like it's in debt recovery mode. The cartel shop looks like a money sink so you can re-balance your shareholders' books, then when that's done (or as close as they're willing to accept) you'll look at re-investing resources back into your game, or shut it down. Until then you're just going to leak already developed content (stuff beta no doubt) and back slowly away from the time bomb.

To make this a little bit constructive, here's what you can do to immediately improve the game:

1. Make it a 4-man group requirement for ranked instead of 8 - two 4 man pre-made groups against two 4 man pre-made groups, there're already quite a lot of these roaming around in unranked now, so the queues will be better.

2. Make the pvp weekly a repeatable, not just a weekly which gives a better incentive of winning.

3. Put a limit on group size for unrated to two people, maybe even go so far as to share the rewards if you enter as a two-man, this will mix it up a lot more and stop us casuals.

I hope you people at Bioware / EA are listening to us, with Elder Scrolls: Online coming next year and Titan round the corner you really haven't got the luxury of time if you do have any intentions of making this game a long-term thing. I do admit I've rage-quitted my subscription a few times but I've never missed a month since release because I actually believe this game could be something brilliant, if only you'd listen to the people who actually play the game.

I love your post. I honestly believe that they don't want it to be a long term mmo either. :( I just don't see it going another full year with more than 1 us server... Still seeing numbers going down on my server :(

Solution, play in your own premade. It's not hard to group with 3 other people. People premade because they don't want to get stuck with pugs who wear leveling greens, or don't call inc, or don't play objectives, or wear full PVE gear. Premades, despite popular belief, are not an exploit. There is a group queue button in the game. You can use it as well. Stop trying to punish those who want to minimize chances of bad pugs, or who just want to play with their friends.

And lastly, just because people premade doesn't mean they will always win. A pug can easily have a superior team composition that allows them to secure the victory. This has happened to every premade of the top pvp guilds on begeren colony, republic and imperial alike.

well i just spent a couple hours in an evil premade, and won 6 wzs in a row:

I could give a rat's *** for people's reasons for premaking. That is not the issue at all! Please stop clouding he issue.

The issue is that the matchmaker is broken, allows pugs to meet premades and fostering lopsided matches. Thereby driving pugs and new players away from PVP.

Edited by Veniras

I could give a rat's *** for people's reasons for premaking. That is not the issue at all! Please stop clouding he issue.

The issue is that the matchmaker is broken, allows pugs to meet premades and fostering lopsided matches. Thereby driving pugs and new players away from PVP.

there is no matchmaker. not sure what people dont seem to grasp about this concept.

and i do not know how many times it needs to be explained:

if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?

this is an mmo. you CANNOT keep organization out of the pvp.

Edited by cashogy

if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?

You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.

You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.

And by accept, you should decide to work with the system you have. Listen my first PVP experience in this game was solo queueing when 1.3 hit in full recruit gear. This was a pretty bad status quo. Now I queue in guild premades with my shadow. If BW isn't gonna fix the problems you have, do what you can to fix the problem on your end.

That status quo works both ways and if BW does not make proactive fixes that status quo will have more folks leaving. I want this game to succeed but it wont if they keep making the poor choices they have been making.

... Stop trying to punish those who want to minimize chances of bad pugs, or who just want to play with their friends ...

Oh for the love of... look! I'm NOT asking for anyone to be punished. I get it OK, I completely understand why people form pre-mades, I'm not against those players - what I am against is feeling like I'm forced to form a pre-made of my own to even compete. I want that to be MY choice, not a requirement of the game. I also fully understand that some PUGs are just plain terrible and that some players are also plain terrible (I see it all the time when I use a long-term cc and then someone jumps in and attacks them breaking it or even most of my team leaving nodes to chase down a single enemy like a pack of desperate, hungry wolves). My issue is with the lack of CHOICE in the game - not so much the people playing the game.

Honestly, some players in this game seem to have some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on, just because I disagree / don't like a certain aspect of the game, means I should L2P and stop QQ??? Rubbish, I'm a "customer" just like you, who wants their opinions heard to make it a better product for me!

if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?.

this is false. rated queues died because the majority of ppl in Q got rofl stomped and spawn camped by a few good guilds, and no x-server meant that the good guilds couldn't constantly queue against each other.

premade vs. premade doesn't fundamentally change the dynamics of reg wz's other than you're guaranteed not to face a grp of 8 pugs with your 2 4-mans. there are a lot of good premades and a lot of bad ones. it would be pure chance if the goods are grp'd with the bads or vice versa.

now if you want to argue that it will stretch out queue times, then you have a valid argument. however, the reason rated died was because of a massive imbalance in shallow pools. the elongated queue times only came AFTER the majority of "casual" guilds/pugs gave up. reg Qs as they exist now lend themselves more, not less, to the dynamic of imbalanced matches. I'm not arguing for solo queues here (although you can probably guess where I stand). I just want to clarify the cause/effect for rated.

rateds seem to be breathing a little bit now on JC btw. my guild has added some new recruits, and we're Qing again. we ran into the one big guild and two others - one was pretty decent/experienced. that's a major change from the past month in my experience, where it was one guild or two in Q at a given time. :cool:

I know there are already one million threads on this issue (or feature, if you're a biowarebot) but I have to get this off my chest. Bioware, your pvp system is HORRIBLE. I've spent 3 hours this morning (trying to cap my comms to stand a chance for 1.6) losing. Not just losing, but being literally roflstomped and then forced to sit it out just for the points (I get more for defense medals than I do head-butting my way through concrete) - which gives me plenty of time to sit there and wonder why I'm playing this game AND paying for it.

Question 1: Why don't you just join a pre-made?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play this game casually, I like to jump on play for an hour or two and then carry on with my life. I've asked to join pvp guilds, but ones who accept casual players are VERY hard to find and usually don't just let anyone join, they need to make sure you're good. I'm fully aware that unless I get involved in pvp this way then I'm sacrificing things like rated warzones and the best rewards (this game doesn't have many yet, though) but I'm happy to just stick to normal pvp - I want this to be MY choice.

And it is your choice, I play a few hours a night and group most of it. Just make friends along the way and add them to your friend list and invite them when you see them, no need for a guild at all.

Not possible to fix in a 2 faction game.

Said premade just times entry to queues over TS. Sure they won't always get all 4 in per warzone but 50% of the itme they will, you can raise your odds even more so by just standing around near the pvp term and waiting for people to vanish.

The only way to solve it is a single random queue which defeats the whole empire v republic thing.

Edited by thamightyboro