SWTOR underperforming; EA earnings revised DOWN; Bioware should listen to players

indelible

There's hope yet for you. Now get back to discussing your 7 points. I want their stock to go back up because I directly profit from that and they can't do so unless you renew. :)

You enjoy that 0.3 cent gain they'll make in February, but I'd recommend selling before March as the stocks are likely to drop further.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no it isn't. If it is an elephant in the room, it's one of those pygmy elephants. And it's underweight.

I'm not claiming that EA as a company aren't doing well. EA has major releases throughout 2013 that are certain to increase its margins. 2013 is the culmination of a major shift in focus for EA as a company. The majority of that 25% rise can be attributed to EAs aggressive movement into the casual and social gaming market, as well as their focus on fewer but bigger titles.

However the thing that the fanboys seem to be missing is that the stock drop and earnings revision has been directly attributed to the failure of SWTOR to perform as expected, and the prediction that subscription numbers are not going to be as healthy as first thought. THAT'S why it's important.

EAs overall performance is, of course, going to be something different. They are however a multibillion dollar company with far more money invested in other markets and games than was invest in SWTOR. Bioware were the drummer, certainly, but they weren't the whole band.

You talking about subscription numbers. Last time i checked im not going to get billed until tomorrow. Which arse are they pulling random sub numbers out of? These are just speculations, and if you didn't learn it already in the real world, they can be very dangerous. Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecies?

However the thing that the fanboys seem to be missing is that the stock drop and earnings revision has been directly attributed to the failure of SWTOR to perform as expected, and the prediction that subscription numbers are not going to be as healthy as first thought. THAT'S why it's important.

Directly attributed...by one third party analyst with no access to any financial reports whatsoever. Funnily enough if you would wait two weeks EA gives an earnings report on February 1st. Until then everything is pure speculation.

Well no it isn't. If it is an elephant in the room, it's one of those pygmy elephants. And it's underweight.

I'm not claiming that EA as a company aren't doing well. EA has major releases throughout 2013 that are certain to increase its margins. 2013 is the culmination of a major shift in focus for EA as a company. The majority of that 25% rise can be attributed to EAs aggressive movement into the casual and social gaming market, as well as their focus on fewer but bigger titles.

EAs overall performance is, of course, going to be something different. They are however a multibillion dollar company with far more money invested in other markets and games than was invest in SWTOR. Bioware were the drummer, certainly, but they weren't the whole band.

It's been attributed to one guy's prediction based admittedly on "casual observations." I have yet to see anything close to an even slightly compelling argument about why that kind of slim evidence should be given weight.

And theeeerrrre it is. The every popular threat. "Me and my friends are going to take our toys and leave."

I said it because it is true. It is not a threat. It is ACTUALLY what's been discussed. As previously mentioned in this thread I am a big fan of Bioware and think there is a lot of talent at their studio. I WANT to love SWTOR and I'm willing to give it more room to breathe than any other MMO I have played outside of WoW and Eve.

I think that's a fair deal. Stating my intent in this instance was nothing more than a statement of fact, and reflects how a lot of people feel about the game.

It's been attributed to one guy's prediction based admittedly on "casual observations." I have yet to see anything close to an even slightly compelling argument about why that kind of slim evidence should be given weight.

You obviously have no idea who Kaufman Brothers are.

Go to Google. It tells you many things.

I said it because it is true. It is not a threat. It is ACTUALLY what's been discussed. As previously mentioned in this thread I am a big fan of Bioware and think there is a lot of talent at their studio. I WANT to love SWTOR and I'm willing to give it more room to breathe than any other MMO I have played outside of WoW and Eve.

I think that's a fair deal. Stating my intent in this instance was nothing more than a statement of fact, and reflects how a lot of people feel about the game.

I'd find that a lot easier to believe if you weren't doggedly hyping a meaningless article.

Actually i AM using it, but it doesnt make a difference when people are ignoring it. Spamming in chat is more effective - that speaks volumes for how well it works.

You can't expect BioWare to fix stupid players.

If you were around for World of Warcrafts release, you would realize that the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED.

Everyone who rushed to 60 got burned out and complained and quit. Then Blizzard came out with some new dungeons and a raid,Molten Core then they came out with Black Temple and Alterac Valley... all the 60's who were crying and quit resubbed and came back.

SWTOR has a pulse, it just has to get out the meaningful content and fix the bugs and it will be doing very well.

Edited by Tortoises

One day. One more day and half of you "ZOMG DOITNOWORIQUIT" ******* will be gone from the forums.

And you are misinforming a lot of people with your retarded posts (i use you in general), making them quit this game for no real reason. I love Bioware, for not alowing you dramaqueens to do your ranting without a sub.

I'd find that a lot easier to believe if you weren't doggedly hyping a meaningless article.

Again, you clearly have no idea who Kaufman Brothers are.

As previously pointed out: to the everyday person in America, the World Bank dropping your countries rating down means little but it can make or break millionaires and stock traders.

To you, Kaufman Brothers' "casual observations" mean nothing, but they make - or in the case break - companies stock values :) Millions of dollars have been last by EA and others because of the content of that "meaningless article".

:(

Directly attributed...by one third party analyst with no access to any financial reports whatsoever. Funnily enough if you would wait two weeks EA gives an earnings report on February 1st. Until then everything is pure speculation.

EA to Release Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results on Feb. 1, 2012

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) will release its financial results for the third quarter fiscal year 2012 after the close of market on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2012. In conjunction with this release, Electronic Arts will host a conference call to review its financial results for the third quarter, discuss its outlook for the future and may disclose other material developments affecting its business and/or financial performance. Listeners may access the conference call live via a dial-in number or audio webcast.

Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2012

2:00 pm Pacific Time (5:00 pm Eastern Time)

Dial-in numbers:

Domestic: 773-799-3213; International: 888-677-1083

Passcode: EA

Webcast: http://ir.ea.com

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/01/18/3694965/ea-to-release-third-quarter-fiscal.html

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the feedback, both positive, and negative, posted in this thread. We do read it all and encourage it to be posted constructively and respectfully.

That being said, we do have several threads open discussing the various subjects brought up in this thread:

-http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349 is a feedback compilation that's been put together for suggestions.

-http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=202821 is discussing the current stocks article that was referred to in the original post.

-http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=203511 and here is a thread discussing what's coming up for the game.

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage the constructive and respectful feedback we've seen in this thread to be posted in any of the others above. Thanks for your understanding. :)