[Petition] Bring back Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear

DeltaBos

For those of us who did not join at launch, you may not have gotten your toons to lvl 50 before patch 2.0 which removed the tionese/columi/rakata gear sets from the game. While some of the new armor looks good, I though the old tier gear's appearance was much better. That gear looked much more like what our toons would actually wear around the galaxy. The weaponsmaster gear is possibly the only gear set in the game that would look good on my mara. Unfortunately these gear sets have been removed. My solution is that Bioware should insert a new vendor into the game that sells the schematics for that old gear for basic or maybe elite comms. Or classic comms since it is classic gear. DON'T put in the CM and force us to pay for gear that we already though would be in from the progression trailers. We already give you money every month, we should at least get the gear that lured some of us in in the first place.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't be a baby. People deserve to have exclusive items, everything doesn't have to belong to everyone, this isn't a lesson on Marxism.

I played WoW for 6 years, and I enjoyed having items that other players could not have. It was a nice feeling having things like a ZG tiger, or Tier 3 gear, items that were time sensitive and could not be obtained after a certain patch. I don't even have any of the TIonese/Columi/Rakata gear, and I wouldn't want it, since I didn't do anything to deserve it.

I'd be ok with either classic comms or drops from those old bosses. I wouldn't like just a credits vendor or a CM addition just anyone could go pick up (not that classic comms are hard to come by).

Have a feeling though this will fall on deaf ears, as it's been asked for ever since they were removed.

Well Id certainly support this. It would be nice to have them come as either planetary vendors or classic comms as has been suggested. There may be some threads about this in the cartel market section of the forums... which is most likely how they would bring it back to make some money.

Perhaps they could bring the sets or pieces back for an event?

No, don't be a baby. People deserve to have exclusive items, everything doesn't have to belong to everyone, this isn't a lesson on Marxism.

I played WoW for 6 years, and I enjoyed having items that other players could not have. It was a nice feeling having things like a ZG tiger, or Tier 3 gear, items that were time sensitive and could not be obtained after a certain patch. I don't even have any of the TIonese/Columi/Rakata gear, and I wouldn't want it, since I didn't do anything to deserve it.

To be honest, no one did anything to get this armor. it was GIVEN to you for free once you hit 50. I think the shells should be brought back...for a price. My idiot butt vendored mine when I got CM items..I regretted that the second RotHC came out and I could no longer get them. They were cool looking, and that is why I think most people want them back. And (correct me if I am wrong) but the classic comm gear = rakata? The gear looks similar if I remember right. So you do have that gear. the classic gear used to be the high end gear before the expac.

To be honest, no one did anything to get this armor. it was GIVEN to you for free once you hit 50. I think the shells should be brought back...for a price. My idiot butt vendored mine when I got CM items..I regretted that the second RotHC came out and I could no longer get them. They were cool looking, and that is why I think most people want them back. And (correct me if I am wrong) but the classic comm gear = rakata? The gear looks similar if I remember right. So you do have that gear. the classic gear used to be the high end gear before the expac.

Are you talking about recruit gear? Tionese, Columni, and Rakata involved running HM FPs, and OPs.

Never ran the OPs for Rakata. :(

All of my BH's gear came from HM FPs around when EC was released. :)

Dude for my main back in the day, I used to HM fps every day for a chance at ONE Columi piece. I remember when people had to learn the tactics to do Lost Island to get the Rekata chest. :D

Dude for my main back in the day, I used to HM fps every day for a chance at ONE Columi piece. I remember when people had to learn the tactics to do Lost Island to get the Rekata chest. :D

Yes! When HM FPs were actually had a challenge! I remember at launch when running HM FPs for the crystals would take forever to get one piece of gear until they nerfed the amount needed and how to obtain crystals.

/notsigned

Lets be real here... let them stay exclusive. There have been so many different armors added to the game since launch (especially since the CM came out) that you have a wide enough variety to choose from (and counting) without bringing back exclusive armors and manage to still look cool (or whatever you're going for).

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I would like this as well. Ideally, add vendors that sell schematic boxes for them purchasable for either credits or classic comms. Maybe make the shells generic colors but add armor dye schematics for Tionese (green/brown), Columi (orange/white), and Rakata (black/white) color schemes...? Well, probably not that last one. Can't have people crafting black/white dyes instead of paying real money to get them through the Cartel Market...

Aww come on that hat was total win! It was like a victory anytime we could taunt our sage enough in chat to /showhelm in a raid lol.

Hahaha!

I was so happy when my sage won the roll on Campaign gloves in HM EC, so that I could get rid of the Columi oven mitts. I didn't even sell old the Columi gloves to the vendor, I just destroyed them with gleeful satisfaction. ;)

Edited by Khevar

When partisan was current I remodded my sage tionese set and had good fun in reg WZs. The silly look of it was like a red cape for bulls.

lol, a few weeks ago I broke out my old tionese set for my sage, updated the mods, and started using him in pvp again (hadn't played him at all in a few months). No hiding the head slot on that thing. I've gotten a bunch of comments on it, ranging from general "what the heck are you wearing?" to "that hat rocks". No accounting for taste, I guess. I've been wearing it largely to evoke a reaction, and thus far it's worked, so I'll stick with it for a while (plus it wasn't cheap to update/augment everything).

Oh man this is priceless...

We suffered the Terror of the clown hats, robot body armor and the Sat Dish hat for long enough!

I danced 3 days when they got removed.

As opposed to the Power Ranger rejects we currently have (granted some of the Inquisitors armour did look like it ripped off Rita Repulsa)? And the laziness that is the Dread Masters stuff?

I'm not saying I liked all of it, but there were some quality pieces there. Like the Bounty Hunter gear with the 'leather' carapace covered chestpiece. If I want that I could splash out and buy the Sand People Pillager gear on the CM, though it'll only be for the chest. The agents stuff was awesome, along with the lower tier warrior stuff (not the full on cyborg look).

Edited by Darth-Rion

lol, a few weeks ago I broke out my old tionese set for my sage, updated the mods, and started using him in pvp again (hadn't played him at all in a few months). No hiding the head slot on that thing. I've gotten a bunch of comments on it, ranging from general "what the heck are you wearing?" to "that hat rocks". No accounting for taste, I guess. I've been wearing it largely to evoke a reaction, and thus far it's worked, so I'll stick with it for a while (plus it wasn't cheap to update/augment everything).

yeah my guardian is using the rakata vidicators set for his tanking pvp gear. Looks great