Concealment Operative gearing PvP

Jayshames

Well, I've done nothing but swap characters for about 2 weeks and finally decided to give concealment operative another go, and I don't know if im only finding fights with fresh 50s, but I seem to be doing a heck of alot of burst and I'm loving it. So, in hopes that I can stick to my Operatie I'd like to ask some questions that I may or may not already know the answers to.

1.I currently have a few WH pieces, and the rest is BM medic gear augmented, when im hovering over the stats for WH enforcer gear, I'm barely noticing any stat increase (taking into account augments aswell), should I be using enforcer?

2. I understand that Concealment Operatives are Tech-heavy attacks, meaning accuracy isn't all that needed (or am I wrong?) what should my stat priority be?

3. I've noticed that the PvE enforcer set gives a really good bonus for Concealment Operatives, if I were to obtain this, how would I go about gearing it? Should I save up now for 2 elite enforcer bracers and rip the armourings and mods (+40 power if I remember right) and add it to the PvE set to grab the bonus? or should I wait until I have the likes of full WH?

Any responses/feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1.I currently have a few WH pieces, and the rest is BM medic gear augmented, when im hovering over the stats for WH enforcer gear, I'm barely noticing any stat increase (taking into account augments aswell), should I be using enforcer?

Any War Hero gear will be of equivalent stat level, whether its medic, enforcer, or field tech. Main difference is the presence of accuracy on enforcer gear in place of alacrity on medic gear.

2. I understand that Concealment Operatives are Tech-heavy attacks, meaning accuracy isn't all that needed (or am I wrong?) what should my stat priority be?

The only non tech attacks used by a concealment operative are your basic attack and overload shot, neither of which are "useful" in pvp, so its not worth having accuracy. If you are pveing, however, you will use your basic attack quite often to maintain damage output while managing energy, so accuracy matters then.

3. I've noticed that the PvE enforcer set gives a really good bonus for Concealment Operatives, if I were to obtain this, how would I go about gearing it? Should I save up now for 2 elite enforcer bracers and rip the armourings and mods (+40 power if I remember right) and add it to the PvE set to grab the bonus? or should I wait until I have the likes of full WH?

Your two options are, first, as you said, taking armorings out of the pvp bracers and placing them in a pve shell (tionese, columi, or rakata). Secondly you can take two campaign armorings and put them in war hero shells, at a loss of some expertise. If you wanted to be maxed out on expertise, the first option is the best way to accomplish this, but you will still have a sufficient amount of expertise even with the pve armorings. Either way, that set bonus is vital for concealment so I would get it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reply, I'm wondering what you mean by presence on the gear though?

Also, if not using the bracer armourings, should I think about buying the campaign armourings for BH comms?

I meant that enforcer/field tech gear will have accuracy as a tertiary stat as opposed to alacrity on the medic set, because they are the respective tertiary stats that those builds "need." Not referring to the presence stat.

And yes, the campaign armorings for BH comms is the easiest way to get those set bonuses in your pvp set.

I am a noob here, actually stopped playing about 2 months after launch. I started playing a few weeks ago and I have read that expertise was changed to have no diminishing returns, so wouldn't it be best to just get as much expertise as possible in your gear?

There are still diminishing returns on expertise, just much less than first employed in the game. As such, you are correct in trying to get as much expertise as possible.