Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Well, she's distinctive looking and everyone hates her, hiding her face seems smart.

Given how easy it's been for people to walk in and out of the Alliance base unnoticed I don't think Vaylin would need the mask. Look at the Shroud, a known terrorist casually walks straight pass Lana and Theron and they didn't even notice.

Given how easy it's been for people to walk in and out of the Alliance base unnoticed I don't think Vaylin would need the mask. Look at the Shroud, a known terrorist casually walks straight pass Lana and Theron and they didn't even notice.

Well, yes, but I was thinking about it actually making sense :)

Anyway, several characters in a player made mod being done for Battlefront II, including Vaylin. Might be worth watching out for.

Vaylin mod seen on Twitter.

Well, yes, but I was thinking about it actually making sense :)

Anyway, several characters in a player made mod being done for Battlefront II, including Vaylin. Might be worth watching out for.

Vaylin mod seen on Twitter.

Oh wow. the only Vaylin mod I was aware of was for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I might have to consider getting Battlefront 2 now.

haven't played the new campaign BUT if Tenebrae gets to live after all of what happened then

- i want Vaylin as a companion

a Bonus Chapter would be a good idea

- maybe find out that the Horizon Guard / Arcann are taking Vaylin's body to the Mother Machine ( Ashaa ) to try and restore it

- here you could have the option to re-recruit Arcann ( if u managed to murked him )

- revivify Vaylin & get her as a companion

- be able to chose their path , encourage Arcann & Vaylin to focus on the dark side OR light

- get companion customization for Light / Dark side versions

- for Vaylin it could be LIGHT = blue eyes , blonde hair ( like in the trailer ) ; DARK could be her crazy yellow eyes + dark hair

You could also have Senya sacrifice herself by transferring her life force into Vaylin.

• 1 month later...

NO NO and NO.

Enough with villains who refuse to stay dead. First Revan, than Malgus and I'm very afraid Tenebrae aka Vitiate aka Valkorian will be next.(although that last is not his name that was the poor man Vitiate controlled and who was left dead on the throne room floor and I hate it that my character keeps using the wrong name its Vitiate not Valkorian.) Its Vitiate who was inside our heads not Valkorian.

Leave Vaylin dead.

NO NO and NO.

Enough with villains who refuse to stay dead. First Revan, than Malgus and I'm very afraid Tenebrae aka Vitiate aka Valkorian will be next.(although that last is not his name that was the poor man Vitiate controlled and who was left dead on the throne room floor and I hate it that my character keeps using the wrong name its Vitiate not Valkorian.) Its Vitiate who was inside our heads not Valkorian.

Leave Vaylin dead.

Do not worry, Vitiate will never return, this was officially announced by the developers themselves.

As for Vaylin - she wasn 't a villain like Ten/Vit/Valk, it's more about adding her as a bonus companion, than weaving her into the current plot (but I'll be honest, I would only be in favor if she was actually returned and we finally get a choice).

#BringBackVaylin

Edited by Blackvinils

Do not worry, Vitiate will never return, this was officially announced by the developers themselves.

As for Vaylin - she wasn 't a villain like Ten/Vit/Valk, it's more about adding her as a bonus companion, than weaving her into the current plot (but I'll be honest, I would only be in favor if she was actually returned and we finally get a choice).

#BringBackVaylin

Are we including clones of Vitiate in the "Vitiate will never return" too? Or will the 'Sith Eternal' of this era botch that up that too? :D

I don't know. She could fit in pretty well with the Sith Empire. If Jadus wants to bring her back I'll fully support him overthrowing Acina / Vowrawn. :rod_evil_g:

• 3 weeks later...
NO NO and NO.

Leave Vaylin dead.

Yes yes and yes. Enough with mentally ill abuse victims that just can't be saved, that further we are inexplicably forced to abuse ourselves, to mock, torture, and humiliate without a hint of apology or remorse (if we so chose, but we weren't given that option) to the point where she had every reason to believe that's how she would be treated if she didn't force the issue. This garbage should not stand.

Let Vaylin live. I know it won't happen, because she lacks the right characteristics the dudes they have brought back have, but it would be nice.

I'll believe that when the game shuts down and he hasn't returned. They say that now, but I still feel, based on past experience with such things, that they'll ultimately change their minds.

• 4 weeks later...

Heh, so now we can get Vaylin's lightsaber (I really like the patterns on the handle, I always appreciate such details on any weapon).:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

https://ibb.co/J3x0J15

https://ibb.co/LYMPn8F

https://ibb.co/Dg896bz

https://ibb.co/FxzPNqG

(Thanks to Brother Paul, for screens!)

Does this mean that we are one step closer to the one day, when the time comes, we will be able to get Vaylin itself as a bonus non story companion, for example, using a terminal, or receive a token in the mail in honor of some SWTOR celebration?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

#VaylinBonusComp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think they should bring her back to life with that holocron for example. And heal her body i beleave with star wars tech that is very possible

Nothing says her spirit is still in our character's mind and didn't leave after Valkorion died.

Then, she's been dead for more than a year, so i'm not sure her body's still in good shape, that is, if it wasn't incinerated, just to be sure she'd not come back (which would kinda be the intelligent thing to do for those who don't want to risk it).

I'll say again, i'm completely fine with her being added as a companion, either as a CM or sub reward comp or via the Odessen terminal for players who want her with them, then they can come up with any reason they want for her to be back.

But bringing her back from the dead for everyone, that's a nope from me.

I'd like for the dead to stay dead...

Edited by Goreshaga

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing says her spirit is still in our character's mind and didn't leave after Valkorion died.

Then, she's been dead for more than a year, so i'm not sure her body's still in good shape, that is, if it wasn't incinerated, just to be sure she'd not come back (which would kinda be the intelligent thing to do for those who don't want to risk it).

Except that she could, for example, rush back to her body after defeating Valky, but at that time her body could be supported by Thexan so that it doesn't start to rot. After that, he could help her to come to life, even if it would lose a lot of strength and taking advantage of the turmoil, after the battle of Odessen and breaking through the blockade of the Eternal Fleet, you could just escape. But these are only theories.:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I'll say again, i'm completely fine with her being added as a companion, either as a CM or sub reward comp or via the Odessen terminal for players who want her with them, then they can come up with any reason they want for her to be back.

But bringing her back from the dead for everyone, that's a nope from me.

I'd like for the dead to stay dead...

Yes, it would be perfect, especially for those who need her. Heh, by the way, Natasha Loring (Vaylin's voice actress) on Twitter, left a comment that she doesn't mind to return to voice her - this is not a verbatim quote, but it would be cool if devs was given her the opportunity to voice a couple of Vaylin's phrases, exactly as a bonus companion:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Except that she could, for example, rush back to her body after defeating Valky, but at that time her body could be supported by Thexan so that it doesn't start to rot. After that, he could help her to come to life, even if it would lose a lot of strength and taking advantage of the turmoil, after the battle of Odessen and breaking through the blockade of the Eternal Fleet, you could just escape. But these are only theories.:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Yes, it would be perfect, especially for those who need her. Heh, by the way, Natasha Loring (Vaylin's voice actress) on Twitter, left a comment that she doesn't mind to return to voice her - this is not a verbatim quote, but it would be cool if devs was given her the opportunity to voice a couple of Vaylin's phrases, exactly as a bonus companion:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

On a very personnal level, i'd be really disappointed with something like that as i don't think it makes for a good story.

I'd especially be disapointed that my characters still haven't learned to burn the bodies by now, just to be sure the ennemies they just defeated don't come back.

And i'm a bit tired of dead characters coming back, especially when the ones who are still potentially alive don't have much content.

Something they could do though if they want to go through the trouble of making a bit of story for her, could be a bonus chapter, that could be available on the CM or as a sub reward, that would let people who want her as a companion go through a bit of story to find a way to bring her back, that would be completely optional and have no impact on the overall story for people who think she should stay dead.

And at the end of that bonus chapter, you get to keep her as a permanent companion.

Would something like that seem like a good option ?

On a very personnal level, i'd be really disappointed with something like that as i don't think it makes for a good story.

I'd especially be disapointed that my characters still haven't learned to burn the bodies by now, just to be sure the ennemies they just defeated don't come back.

And i'm a bit tired of dead characters coming back, especially when the ones who are still potentially alive don't have much content.

Something they could do though if they want to go through the trouble of making a bit of story for her, could be a bonus chapter, that could be available on the CM or as a sub reward, that would let people who want her as a companion go through a bit of story to find a way to bring her back, that would be completely optional and have no impact on the overall story for people who think she should stay dead.

And at the end of that bonus chapter, you get to keep her as a permanent companion.

Well, If we talk about her returning with the small bonus story, then, I think, Yes, this is definitely a good option, but it is extremely expensive, in terms of resources.

The key point here is that when Vaylin return, she no longer affects the story and does not appear in the story cutscenes, because, in fact, she's already no longer exists.

However, this can be achieved in a simpler way than by creating a bonus Chapter (these methods have already been discussed earlier).:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils

Well, If we talk about her returning with the small bonus story, then, I think, Yes, this is definitely a good option, but it is extremely expensive, in terms of resources.

The key point here is that when Vaylin return, she no longer affects the story and does not appear in the story cutscenes, because, in fact, she's already no longer exists.

However, this can be achieved in a simpler way than by creating a bonus Chapter (these methods have already been discussed earlier).:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Yes, that's the main problem with this option.

Which is why i think simply unlocking her as a companion, either via CM, sub reward or Odessen terminal and letting people who would take her as companion come up with whatever story they want for her to return would be the best way to go.

Yes, that's the main problem with this option.

Which is why i think simply unlocking her as a companion, either via CM, sub reward or Odessen terminal and letting people who would take her as companion come up with whatever story they want for her to return would be the best way to go.

I agree. It would be great if devs had their say on what they think about the "bonus" option of giving us Vaylin. Can we ever hear it on stream?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils

If it's written well then a resurrection plot is okay in my books. Then again I'm as biased as they come so whatever would work for me :)

I'd make Vaylin an alert mission which would be unlocked once you've completed KOTFE/ET on all modes. (Story, Veteran, Master.)

• 2 weeks later...
If it's written well then a resurrection plot is okay in my books. Then again I'm as biased as they come so whatever would work for me :)

I'd make Vaylin an alert mission which would be unlocked once you've completed KOTFE/ET on all modes. (Story, Veteran, Master.)

Yeah, if this is one of the ways to get her - in this case, I would be motivated to pass these extensions at all modes.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp