Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope female Smugglers will get as many options to flirt with women as the male Smugglers do, or at least with Risha; I totally want my Scoundrel to hit on Risha every chance she gets. :p

I Second that

so i was reading the comminty blog from last week, and the first response made me cringe:

"Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

so the way I read this is that sgra has been scrapped, there has been no recent response by a dev to let anyone know that they are still working on it for them to come out. the silence and that statement make me think that it just wont be added.

It would be nice for reassurance but that would assume that any dev person acutally looks at this thread anymore

so i was reading the comminty blog from last week, and the first response made me cringe:

"Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

so the way I read this is that sgra has been scrapped, there has been no recent response by a dev to let anyone know that they are still working on it for them to come out. the silence and that statement make me think that it just wont be added.

It would be nice for reassurance but that would assume that any dev person acutally looks at this thread anymore

With all due respect, I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.

First, what you define as a "big must-have feature" and what BioWare defines as it are clearly different things. I'd like to see BW calling SGRs a must-have thing, but I'm guessing they define that as essential features for an MMO, not things that are specific to TOR, like SGRs or companion relationships in general. Taking a broad, general statement and deciding it means one single thing has been scrapped is a huge leap and makes no logical sense at all.

Second, what's to stop SGRs from falling into the category of "smaller quality of life requested features"? SGRs are something that many of us consider an improvement to the game, but they won't have a massive impact on gameplay. Just like, oh, chat bubbles and companion outfit color-matching. :) Sounds like a pretty good category for them to be in.

Third, at the guild summit (please see the video I linked in the first page of this thread), BW said that SGRs are coming this year and they'll talk about SGRs when they're done. No word from BW is in no way a sign that SGRs have been scrapped. Until we hear otherwise, no word from BW means SGRs aren't done yet. Simple as that.

I'd encourage you to look at what people are actually saying instead of trying to draw specific conclusions from an over-reaching and somewhat vague statement.

I'd encourage you to look at what people are actually saying instead of trying to draw specific conclusions from an over-reaching and somewhat vague statement.

But if we can't draw conclusions from over-reaching and somewhat vague statements how will we reach our appropriate level of Rainbow Nerdrage for this week?

I'd love for my female Sith Warrior to be able to romance Dark Jaesa. It would partially make up for the fact that Quinn has been shirking his duties.

I hope it happens and that it can be implemented without having to re-roll the character.

Soooo much, this~

I'd love for my female Sith Warrior to be able to romance Dark Jaesa. It would partially make up for the fact that Quinn has been shirking his duties.

I hope it happens and that it can be implemented without having to re-roll the character.

Hmm... I want LS Jaesa. (And Quinn has nothing to do with it - he's been sitting on the ship (well doing slicing and investigation crew skill missions) since I got her... I don't want him, not even a little bit.)

Funny how things work out... I always intended my female SW to fall for Vette, but she's found Jaesa a lot more interesting (and so have I).

This is the biggest thing for me.

As Inquis, Ashara is my choice, but I will NOT reroll if they try to pull some **** like that.

They should just do the reset of companion quests with the new options, and let us start over.

Also; I'd MUCH prefer just adding the SS option to companions that are already implemented.

Firstly, it'd just be easier altogether.

But mainly because I just want Ashara. I don't want to have to HOPE that they implement another companion that I end up liking.

The last time that I posted in this discussion was back in February so I thought I needed to post again, especially since most of the comments about dream SGR companions are females. I personally want Lt. Pierce to be romancable by my male SW. Quinn is cute but he's a bit of a ***** and just screams 'whiny bottom' to me where Pierce is all rough and tough man. As for my JC, there aren't any men I'd go for but Nadia somehow managed to sneak a romantic relationship in there even though I shot her down constantly so I guess he's stuck with her.

On a purely selfish note, my SW is going to be a part of a date auction on Friday on the Ebon Hawk server so if anyone has a male toon there, come on out and help me add some SGR to the game.

Lt. Pierce seems like the rough and tumble "how did you break the holoprojector, again" kind of man, who can have his sweet moments. As much as I'd like to have Talos Drellik as an LI, he does come across as being possibly asexual, pan-romantic, but that could be because all he ever talks about is his work and he's so enamoured by it. Quinn is terribly uptight about everything, but just imagine what could happen if you got him to loosen up a little ^.~

Quinn is terribly uptight about everything, but just imagine what could happen if you got him to loosen up a little ^.~

Oh yes!

Personally I want Quinn for my Male SW (they were just made for each other). He'd make a better match, and I'd love to have my SGR sooner, as opposed to much later in the game.

However it would be nice if both men were available for SGR romance, just like how they are available, to the female characters.

That would be ideal.

:jawa_angel:

Also; I'd MUCH prefer just adding the SS option to companions that are already implemented.

Firstly, it'd just be easier altogether.

But mainly because I just want Ashara. I don't want to have to HOPE that they implement another companion that I end up liking.

This has been a big point of discussion for a long time. BioWare has implied that SGRs will be with current companions, as they said they know which companions they want to do SGRs with, so there's that. And I think new companions for each class would be too big of an undertaking for just a patch - that's the kind of thing that would come with an expansion, and I highly doubt we'll get an expansion this year. So yeah, there's a lot of stuff to suggest that SGRs will be with existing companions, but unfortunately no confirmation. Grr. Arg.

Also: totally agree with you about Ashara. I stopped playing my female SI just to keep from missing out on flirting and/or a relationship with her.

However it would be nice if both men were available for SGR romance, just like how they are available, to the female characters.

That would be ideal.

It's going to be interesting to see how BioWare handles such things. I mean, every female companion is romanceable by male characters right now (with the exception of SCORPIO, but she might get a pass since she's a droid), while there's only one male romance option per class despite the majority of the companions being male. It's my hope that new romances will be added all around, and that some male companions will be newly available for both male and female characters, to balance things out. And hopefully future companions will be romanceable as well.

Though personally I want to see BioWare make Yuun a romance option for Troopers, just to watch the forums explode. :D

It's going to be interesting to see how BioWare handles such things. I mean, every female companion is romanceable by male characters right now (with the exception of SCORPIO, but she might get a pass since she's a droid), while there's only one male romance option per class despite the majority of the companions being male. It's my hope that new romances will be added all around, and that some male companions will be newly available for both male and female characters, to balance things out. And hopefully future companions will be romanceable as well.

Though personally I want to see BioWare make Yuun a romance option for Troopers, just to watch the forums explode. :D

I hope so too Moose, I really do.

I want love for everyone, ladies for my lades, and men for my men, and perhaps some male aliens as well (we are in desperate need to more romancble male alien companions O_O).

As for Yuun *giggle* I'd like to see SCRPIO added too, just for fun.

:jawa_angel:

Oh, by the way, this is by far the largest thread i've ever seen in my life and ì'm glad so many people have kept it going. :) I hope Bioware is working hard on this and we can see same gender relationships as soon as possible. We've been wainting for this since the beginning.:rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, this is by far the largest thread i've ever seen in my life and ì'm glad so many people have kept it going. :) I hope Bioware is working hard on this and we can see same gender relationships as soon as possible. We've been wainting for this since the beginning.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't think many threads get to see six different versions, each with over 100 pages. :D Always good to see new people posting here, though. Last we heard, SGRs are still set for this year.

And while I understand why BioWare is taking the "we'll talk about it when it's done" approach, especially after all the flak they took for ranked PvP not being ready when they said it would be, I really do wish they would give us a little bit of info on SGRs. If they don't want to tell us who's available yet, no worries, but telling us if we'll need to reroll characters to start SGRs would be really helpful. I doubt we'll have to, but it would be good to know. Hopefully SGRs will be in patch 1.4 and we'll start getting info soon. :)

Yeah, I don't think many threads get to see six different versions, each with over 100 pages. :D Always good to see new people posting here, though. Last we heard, SGRs are still set for this year.

And while I understand why BioWare is taking the "we'll talk about it when it's done" approach, especially after all the flak they took for ranked PvP not being ready when they said it would be, I really do wish they would give us a little bit of info on SGRs. If they don't want to tell us who's available yet, no worries, but telling us if we'll need to reroll characters to start SGRs would be really helpful. I doubt we'll have to, but it would be good to know. Hopefully SGRs will be in patch 1.4 and we'll start getting info soon. :)

to true ive been thinking of rerolling my knight as hes a bit sucky and poor with bad armor. if SGRA does require it then my bromance with doc is gonna change bigtime :D

As for my JC, there aren't any men I'd go for but Nadia somehow managed to sneak a romantic relationship in there even though I shot her down constantly so I guess he's stuck with her.

That reminds me, Tharan sneak-sexed my female JC somehow...even though she told him 'no' when he asked and lost 43 points of affection with him.

In the next convo, he acted like they were doing it (and decided to end it).

Not sure if it's a bug or if he's just arrogantly delusional.

If they don't want to tell us who's available yet, no worries, but telling us if we'll need to reroll characters to start SGRs would be really helpful.

That's the only thing I want to know...so I could possibly level characters and play the game.

Edited by stuffystuffs

That reminds me, Tharan sneak-sexed my female JC somehow...even though she told him 'no' when he asked and lost 43 points of affection with him.

In the next convo, he acted like they were doing it (and decided to end it).

Not sure if it's a bug or if he's just arrogantly delusional.

I had that same thing happen, and I actually made a thread called "Theran thinks he's my boyfriend" some time ago. I think the general consensus was that he's just that delusional.