Marauders and Powertechs need a nerf

JediDuckling

we all know Marauders and sentinels,Powertechs and vanguards at the moment are the flavor of the month class's and are also game breakingly overpowerd in the PvP area and are in need of fixing and nerfing badly.

i will start by explaining Marauder and Sentinels.

Marauders and Sentinels have to much utility as well as damage which makes this class godly in pvp at the moment.

they get 3 buffs

1. reduces damage taken by 25% and reflects damage

2. reduces damage by 20% and increases defense by 50%

3. reduces damage by 99%

only 1 buff should be available to these class's.for example of imbalance it would be like giving troopers and bounty hunters 3 versions of energy sheild.

these 3 buffs need to be seperated into the 3 tree's of the class so you will have to spend at least 20 talent points in order to aquire 1 of these buffs.they will no longer aquire these buffs through the skill vendor and will have to be aquired using talent points so they will no longer be able to aquire all 3.

the over all damage of marauders and sentinels needs to be reduced by around 15%.

marauders and sentinels already get enough utility without having all the buffs they currently have which is one of the reasons they are goldy in pvp right now.

Powertechs and Vanguards

the pure dps tree's of these class's needs looking at.the burst dps for these class's is far to high.

here are some ways to resolve the problem.

1. add a 5 seconds cooldown to flame burst so it can no longer be spammed.

2. reduce the armor pen passive from rail shot and high impact bolt down from 60% to 15% at 5% per point

3. overall damage reduction of about 10%

the burst dps is far to high and something needs to be done my idea for powertechs and vanguards will fix the issue slightly.

please keep this thread clean as any abusive posts and troll threads will asked to be removed.

thank you.

Edited by JediDuckling

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys never stop, this is a TEAM oriented game and if you are not a DPS class and do not have the know how to get away from me I'm gonna Kill you...... Find some friends or go play a single player game. Edited by Pvtcarnage

i will start by explaining Marauder and Sentinels. Good so far

Marauders and Sentinels have to much utility as well as damage which makes this class godly in pvp at the moment.

they get 3 buffs

1. reduces damage taken by 25% and reflects damage Incorrect

2. reduces damage by 20% and increases defense by 50% Way Incorrect

3. reduces damage by 99% Partially correct, I guess you forget about the part where it can be stopped with a stun and only lasts 5 seconds, and oh yeah it takes 50% of current health.

only 1 buff should be available to these class's.for example of imbalance it would be like giving troopers and bounty hunters 3 versions of energy sheild. wat

these 3 buffs need to be seperated into the 3 tree's of the class so you will have to spend at least 20 talent points in order to aquire 1 of these buffs.they will no longer aquire these buffs through the skill vendor and will have to be aquired using talent points so they will no longer be able to aquire all 3.

the over all damage of marauders and sentinels needs to be reduced by around 15%. lol

I know this is probably a troll post but I can't resist.

Edit: O hey aluvian ^. Won 1st 2 games cause im a god

Edited by Wookieenator

BW has to do something about the marauders (and their rep counterparts). Not so much for them being overpowered (which i personally think they could use a tweak here or there, maybe in the cooldowns for their def cds and/or cc's), but the diversity of the wzs are being affected. The wz's on my server are completely dominated by marauders. Every wz has 4+ marauders on the one team.

They either need a better algorithm to balance the wz's for more diveristy among the classes, or they need to make the fotm people shift off this class and go to something else (like they did when sorcerers dominated the wzs awhile back). I love PvP (its all i do), but its getting really annoying and not fun fighting primarily one class every mini.

lol Sentinel's are easy to kill if you know HOW to. Simply don't put them in resolve, and when they pop Guarded by the force stun them..

I play a sentinel in full augmented war hero, and if a player knows how to kill me properly i'll go down fast. Though there are players who don't know what to do get scared, and blow everything they have and then I just burn them down.

Just need to know how to play, don't whine and want a nerf cause you can't kill a class that is easily controllable with CCs and Roots/Snares.

I know this is probably a troll post but I can't resist.

Edit: O hey aluvian ^. Won 1st 2 games cause im a god

Other than not fully qualifying the 50% health loss on UR and mixing up some of the effects on saber ward, the OP wasn't totally off compared to some of what gets posted. Please stop telling me to stun people during UR. I can't live long enough to see it used without using my stun earlier.

Saber Ward

Instant

Cooldown: 180s

Raises a lightsaber ward, increasing melee and ranged defenses by 50% and reducing the damage taken from Force and tech attacks by 25%. Lasts 12 seconds.

Cloak of Pain

Instant

Cooldown: 60s

Reduces all damage taken by 20% and deals 134 energy damage to attackers. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Lasts 6 seconds. Cloak of Pain refreshes to its full duration when attacked, but this effect cannot last more than 30 seconds in total.

Undying Rage

Instant

Cooldown: 90s

Spends 50% of current health to grant 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

we all know Marauders and sentinels,Powertechs and vanguards at the moment are the flavor of the month class's and are also game breakingly overpowerd in the PvP area and are in need of fixing and nerfing badly.

i will start by explaining Marauder and Sentinels.

they get 3 buffs

1. reduces damage taken by 25% and reflects damage

2. reduces damage by 20% and increases defense by 50%

3. reduces damage by 99%

only 1 buff should be available to these class's.for example of imbalance it would be like giving troopers and bounty hunters 3 versions of energy sheild.

the over all damage of marauders and sentinels needs to be reduced by around 15%.

marauders and sentinels already get enough utility without having all the buffs they currently have which is one of the reasons they are goldy in pvp right now.

Powertechs and Vanguards

the pure dps tree's of these class's needs looking at.the burst dps for these class's is far to high.

here are some ways to resolve the problem.

1. add a 5 seconds cooldown to flame burst so it can no longer be spammed.

2. reduce the armor pen passive from rail shot and high impact bolt down from 60% to 15% at 5% per point

3. overall damage reduction of about 10%

the burst dps is far to high and something needs to be done my idea for powertechs and vanguards will fix the issue slightly.

please keep this thread clean as any abusive posts and troll threads will asked to be removed.

thank you.

So your solution is to take a class that is constantly in people's faces with 2 glowing bats drawing the most attention, has 1 channeled cc which means they can't dps during it, and 1 mez which ends on any damage, and take away all their defensive skills? These defensive skills are the only way they survive getting ranged to death right away and survive through a stun or root. I could see nerfing one of these but nerfing all 3 is just crazy talk.

You do know that bioware said marr/sents are performing within expectations right? So nerfing the damage they do isn't going to happen. They are a pure dps class, they do not have the versatility of the other classes. If snipers/gunslingers and marauders/sentinels can't put out the most damage then they are imo broken. You mentioned their utility in pvp, I'm wondering what utility you are talking about in pvp. As mentioned already they have 1 aoe mez which ends on any damage, and 1 stun that is channeled, they also have predation which requires 30 stacks of fury to activate. Most classes have two to three stuns which are instant cast and they can move around or even dps after they activate them. Marrs/sents have no knockbacks, no pulls, nothing of that sort, so what utility are you talking about exactly?

gunslingers and snipers are a diffrent story all they need is a 10%.

the thing is im about 90% accurate and right.

the players that are using these overpowerd class's will defend the class to keep it that way so i can understand why players will be angry about this post,i can see from some of the hate posts saying its a l2p issue when it clearly aint the issue.the problem is these class's are doing more or have more than they should have which makes them stupidly powerfull. something has got to be done about these stupidly overpowerd class's.

powertechs/vanguards marauders/sentinels are stupidly overpowerd and its true.

So your solution is to take a class that is constantly in people's faces with 2 glowing bats drawing the most attention, has 1 channeled cc which means they can't dps during it, and 1 mez which ends on any damage, and take away all their defensive skills? These defensive skills are the only way they survive getting ranged to death right away and survive through a stun or root. I could see nerfing one of these but nerfing all 3 is just crazy talk.

You do know that bioware said marr/sents are performing within expectations right? So nerfing the damage they do isn't going to happen. They are a pure dps class, they do not have the versatility of the other classes. If snipers/gunslingers and marauders/sentinels can't put out the most damage then they are imo broken. You mentioned their utility in pvp, I'm wondering what utility you are talking about in pvp. As mentioned already they have 1 aoe mez which ends on any damage, and 1 stun that is channeled, they also have predation which requires 30 stacks of fury to activate. Most classes have two to three stuns which are instant cast and they can move around or even dps after they activate them. Marrs/sents have no knockbacks, no pulls, nothing of that sort, so what utility are you talking about exactly?

You had me until "Most classes have two to three stuns which are instant cast and the can move around or even dps after they activate them." Now I can't trust anything you said prior to that.

again i can understand your frustration with my post because you are most likely playing one of these broken overpowerd class's.if you lvled one knowing they are overpowerd then you know they will get nerfed and fixed eventualy.

the thing is im about 90% accurate and right.

But you're really not. You are horribly wrong across the board. Just more veiled QQ because someone died in a PvP zone. Of course, there is a .0000001% chance that I'm wrong on that point, but I'll take my chances.

You had me until "Most classes have two to three stuns which are instant cast and the can move around or even dps after they activate them." Now I can't trust anything you said prior to that. Now I can't trust anything you said prior to that.

Ya, but he's pretty much totally correct. Pick a Nit if ya want.

I'll say it again, this is a team game not single player. If you are DPS you should at least put up a close fight with another DPS if you have an idea of what to do. I play a Sentinel and run into good players all the time that kill me or it gets real close...but that 1vs1 which most of PvP is NOT about. That being said us sentinels are out in the open and are hated and often melted down buy "smart" people that focus us and if it where not for my CD I would not even be that useful in a TEAM game. Whats so hard to get we are labeled DPS for a reason.

I'll say it again, this is a team game not single player. If you are DPS you should at least put up a close fight with another DPS if you have an idea of what to do. I play a Sentinel and run into good players all the time that kill me or it gets real close...but that 1vs1 which most of PvP is NOT about. That being said us sentinels are out in the open and are hated and often melted down buy "smart" people that focus us and if it where not for my CD I would not even be that useful in a TEAM game. Whats so hard to get we are labeled DPS for a reason.
seriously. the people qq'ing need to stop trying to have their solo duels and play the team sport instead.

They are a pure dps class, they do not have the versatility of the other classes.

Exactly, now if they had significant self and team healing paired with cooldowns that rival tank specs, ontop of having lots of damage, and team buffs to damage and speed that no other class even has anything similiar, that would be op. Glad that isn't the case, cus if it was, you would look stupid.

But you're really not. You are horribly wrong across the board. Just more veiled QQ because someone died in a PvP zone. Of course, there is a .0000001% chance that I'm wrong on that point, but I'll take my chances.

Ya, but he's pretty much totally correct. Pick a Nit if ya want.

sorry for you not knowing about sentinels and marauders being overpowerd but they are and its obvious.