General Questions About Commendations

-In the release build is there any way to trade one type of commendation for another or redeem it for cash? Or are you stuck with the leftover commendations from previous planets?

-Is there any reason to not accept commendations when choosing quest rewards?

-Before the forum reset, someone on the spoilers forum said that if you turned in X amount (like 15 or 20, more than the regular commendation gear price) of commendations for a really special piece of equipment that was much better than anything you currently have. Is this true or was he feeding us a line?

It doesn't look like you can trade up commendations like you could in beta, which is really annoying. As far as I know, without the ability to spend them on anything or upgrade them, you will have your currency tab cluttered with useless commendations. :(

you can alway buy the nice little supply crates and use what ever is in them...or vendor it. so there is always a way to use what you have left over.

still would be nice to buy up.

sigh!

Keep on truckin'

Red-Eye 30 Jugg - Anchorhead

-In the release build is there any way to trade one type of commendation for another or redeem it for cash? Or are you stuck with the leftover commendations from previous planets?

This was abused in beta.

People were saving up commendations and upgrading them all the way to 50 and then immediately buying level 50 gear right off the bat.

-Is there any reason to not accept commendations when choosing quest rewards?

When there is an upgrade to either your gear or your companions gear.

-Before the forum reset, someone on the spoilers forum said that if you turned in X amount (like 15 or 20, more than the regular commendation gear price) of commendations for a really special piece of equipment that was much better than anything you currently have. Is this true or was he feeding us a line?

/shrug

Sounds like bull, but who knows.

Edited by Faolon

you can alway buy the nice little supply crates and use what ever is in them...or vendor it. so there is always a way to use what you have left over.

still would be nice to buy up.

sigh!

Keep on truckin'

Red-Eye 30 Jugg - Anchorhead

That's how I was able to afford a mount.

Except I did it with PvP commendations. Just kept buying the box and selling the gear I got.

When you get to a new planet its smart to check what items they offer against commendations and calculate how many commendations you need for the items you want. This way you dont end up with too many useless commendations.

As said above you can also use them for lockboxes for random rewards. But you will probably end up having few commendations that you will never be able to use :)