Corso quest "In a Pickle"

phosdex

There are TWO Caves at the coordinates at "Tunnel entrance at -720, -895 in the Dune Sea". one is a bounty hunter class cave, and another is an obscure-entrance cave right next to it.

approaching from south, you can easily miss the entrance of the real cave. approaching from north, you wont even see it.

do NOT mistake the bounty hunter cave for the actual passage cave that is not shown on the map.

approaching from north, pass the bounty hunter cave immediately and turn left. the cave entrances are next to each other, separated by a column of rock, obscuring the passage entrance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a map with a route from Dreviad outpost (which is where the quest marker tells you to speeder to) to Corso's silly little pickle that avoids imperial territory. You end up going through a free for all PvP zone, but as that you'll generally be getting this quest around the high thirties to low fourties and no one hangs out in there anyway, you should be fine. Annnd landing in Salara would be faster.

Anyway, Map:

http://i40.tinypic.com/j96l3d.png

NICE ONE! THX!!! :D:p

Gosh, thank you so much. I circled it twice and I didn't want to get instantly killed or flagged for *group* pvp. o.O I saw the bounty hunter cave entrance, but I didn't get close enough to see the other entrance. This saved me lots of time and credits (repair bill), so thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very helpful thread!

To straggle a bit:

Once I realized I'd gotten the quest this thread referenced, I knew there was a way around but... I just leroy'd it. Died three times before making it through.

What means "leroy'd"? (english is'nt my native language)

Im as stuck as some one else.... can anyone advise me ?

I found the Bantha Drift Cave that comes out just below Outlaw Den. And I've found what other sites say is the actual cave that Jettison is in, but it's red. I can't get in. I have the quest from Corso. I even made sure I had Corso with me in case that was the trigger.

Did I miss a step? I landed on tattione & saw no one prelim to talk to in town. Anyone know why I can't get in?

• 3 weeks later...
Im as stuck as some one else.... can anyone advise me ?

I found the Bantha Drift Cave that comes out just below Outlaw Den. And I've found what other sites say is the actual cave that Jettison is in, but it's red. I can't get in. I have the quest from Corso. I even made sure I had Corso with me in case that was the trigger.

Did I miss a step? I landed on tattione & saw no one prelim to talk to in town. Anyone know why I can't get in?

I believe I am also at the cave's entrance...standing here with Corso but the entrance remains red to me.

Does anyone have the coordinates to the cave's entrance? It would be nice to know if I have found the correct spot.

Edited by Stugotz

I had no problem getting to it via Mos Anek without dying, though it was a near-run thing. I was mid-thirties at the time. You just run up the hill to the left of the official entrance to Mos Anek and kill some criminals up there that are in their 20's, no sweat at all. Then you drop down a sheer wall on the far left of Mos Anek and sneak along the wall there behind the houses until you reach the exit (or near the exit) of Mos Anek on the side where the quest is. At that point, you'll get spotted by a droid and just have to run like the wind. Mid 30s you can survive that almost every time, even the other level 50's that join in the chase.

In fact, I had to do that twice. Because like an idiot instead of going to do Corso's quest first and then getting the datacron that's in that general area, I fetched the cron first. And then couldn't get back to the right area... so I had to go around... and through Mos Anek again. Again, without dying, though I took some annoying flesh wounds. ;)

And my character isn't a sneaky stealth type, I just avoided the lvl 50's until I could run for it, it works.

I had no problem getting to it via Mos Anek without dying, though it was a near-run thing. I was mid-thirties at the time. You just run up the hill to the left of the official entrance to Mos Anek and kill some criminals up there that are in their 20's, no sweat at all. Then you drop down a sheer wall on the far left of Mos Anek and sneak along the wall there behind the houses until you reach the exit (or near the exit) of Mos Anek on the side where the quest is. At that point, you'll get spotted by a droid and just have to run like the wind. Mid 30s you can survive that almost every time, even the other level 50's that join in the chase.

In fact, I had to do that twice. Because like an idiot instead of going to do Corso's quest first and then getting the datacron that's in that general area, I fetched the cron first. And then couldn't get back to the right area... so I had to go around... and through Mos Anek again. Again, without dying, though I took some annoying flesh wounds. ;)

And my character isn't a sneaky stealth type, I just avoided the lvl 50's until I could run for it, it works.

There is a tunnel to the area so as the PvP zone and the Imps can be avoided. It's a clear path...however since my map is not auto-updating correctly (no map indicators) I am uncertain if I have found the correct cave entrance. I have searched and searched the entire area and the only un-searched point I have found is a cave entrance where the door remains red to me. I am wondering if this is the correct cave entrance or if it is not.

Coordinates to the cave entrance/location itself where the NPC named Jettison can be found would be very helpful.

Thank you for the post Nexdine.

Edited by Stugotz

Dune Sea side entrance to the Banthan Drift Cave is at X -712 Y -894

you can completely bypass the Imperials using this tunnel, and it comes out just outside the Outlaws Den.

The Jundland entrance is at X -413 Y -749

Thanks for posting these. I was having a horribly frustrating time at it without coordinates. Awesome. USE THESE COORDINATES TO AVOID SUICIDE OR FORCED PVP - they work.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bug with this quest.

Step one - Travel to Tatooine

Step two - Find Jettison

If you travel to Tatooine and it hasn't updated to the "Find Jettison" step.. its bugged, you won't be able to enter the cave.

I came back to Tatooine a day later, got off the ship with Corso holding my hand and it updated to the next step.

*note my quest tracker in the pics below*

Here is a pic & Map of the Bantha drift cave, the tunnel that will get you into the Jundland area. It bypasses the Imp bases and PVP zone.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/wizz-bang/Tunnel2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/wizz-bang/Screenshot_2012-04-02_14_40_39_442265.jpg

Here is a pic & map of the Find Jettison cave.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/wizz-bang/Questcave2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/wizz-bang/Questcave1.jpg

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
There is another way. On the western entrance to the imperial zone, to the north you'll find a sand people village - in that village if you look carefully there is a small path in the rocks, that leads to a cave. Go through that cave, and on the other end is an open area that will lead you to corsos quest.

Confirmed

Just north of the Imp camp under the overpass there is a small tunnel in the rocks. Keep a sharp eye on the wall and you'll see it. This will take you into Bantha Drifts Tunnel, it dismounts you and you have to take a long, and painfully boring, journey on foot till you reach the Central Cavern then it's just a short ride.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For everyone who is running into issues with the cave being red and you can't enter...go back and read the whole thread.

the cave is just south of another cave entrance that is a class quest area (bounty hunter). THE STORY AREA IS NOT THE RIGHT CAVE. south of that red cave is another one, that is not a story area, it's just a cave. The reason it's tough to find is its in a slight depression in the rocks. the way the rocks curve in you wont see the cave unless you have your magnifying glass out. if you are facing the Bounty Hunter cave, turn right and follow the outcropping of rock DIRECTLY south of it. right around this circular outcropping is the cave entrance. More of a crack really.

It's easier to see it if you are coming up from the south. keep your eyes peeled...I think they made this one tough to find for kicks and giggles.

To be honest, there are actually a total of 3 cave entrances in that same stretch of rock wall. the 3rd one is farther north and is the Consular story area. The coordinates have been posted multiple times in the thread, so you should have no problems finding the coords. just ignore the story caves along that same wall. trust me, it's there

Edited by Elyxin

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I tried charging in through the front. When you die the only option is to return to the med center. You cannot res where you die. I also tried to stealth through, no go. I finally went through the secret passage in the back. It was easy, took about 4 minutes.