What is the best crew skills with each advanced class?

RaithHarth

I have Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting for my Jedi Shadow/dps as for the following classes I am playing they go as followed:

Jedi Guardian/tank

Commando/heals

Gunslinger/dps

Sith Sorcerer/heals

Sith Marauder/dps

Powertech/tank

Operative/dps

What crew skills would go best for each of these advanced classes? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting for my Jedi Shadow/dps as for the following classes I am playing they go as followed:

Jedi Guardian/tank

Commando/heals

Gunslinger/dps

Sith Sorcerer/heals

Sith Marauder/dps

Powertech/tank

Operative/dps

What crew skills would go best for each of these advanced classes? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

See my "best crew skills" guide linked in my signature. Short version (what I think you are looking for; crew skill are listed in alphabetical order NOT in order of preference):

Jedi Guardian/tank - armormech, artifice, biochem, cybertech

Commando/heals - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Gunslinger/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Sith Sorcerer/heals - artifice, biochem, cybertech, synthweaving

Sith Marauder/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Powertech/tank - armormech, armstech, artifice, biochem, cybertech

Operative/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

The point is that there is no "this one crafting skill is a MUST have for <insert advanced class here>"

Can you more specific about your characters' situation: what level are they all?

See my "best crew skills" guide linked in my signature. Short version (what I think you are looking for; crew skill are listed in alphabetical order NOT in order of preference):

Jedi Guardian/tank - armormech, artifice, biochem, cybertech

Commando/heals - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Gunslinger/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Sith Sorcerer/heals - artifice, biochem, cybertech, synthweaving

Sith Marauder/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

Powertech/tank - armormech, armstech, artifice, biochem, cybertech

Operative/dps - all of them would be useful in some fashion

The point is that there is no "this one crafting skill is a MUST have for <insert advanced class here>"

Can you more specific about your characters' situation: what level are they all?

My Guardian is lvl 70

My Commando is lvl 65

My Gunslinger is lvl 66

My Sith Sorcerer is lvl 70 (he's my alt so I don't play on imp side a whole lot but plan on doing so in the near future)

My Sith Marauder is lvl 16

My Powertech is lvl 47

My Operative is lvl 41

My Guardian is lvl 70

My Commando is lvl 65

My Gunslinger is lvl 66

My Sith Sorcerer is lvl 70 (he's my alt so I don't play on imp side a whole lot but plan on doing so in the near future)

My Sith Marauder is lvl 16

My Powertech is lvl 47

My Operative is lvl 41

With your three 66+ characters (that can send eight companions on missions or crafting) I recommend you level artifice, cybertech, and biochem (and the appropriate gathering and missions skills). Those three are the most universally useful crafting skills. After that I recommend synthweaving (because it crafts alacrity and critical augments that are used by both dps and heals) OR armormech (because it crafts shield and absorb augments for your tanks). Then the one you did not choose, and finally armstech.

It does not really matter what class has what crafting skill. But I would not take a crafting skill with a character less than level 50. If your intention is to be self-sufficient, you will find it difficult to utilize a crafting skill at lower levels. My advice for newer/low level characters is to take two of the three gathering skills and slicing.

With your three 66+ characters (that can send eight companions on missions or crafting) I recommend you level artifice, cybertech, and biochem (and the appropriate gathering and missions skills). Those three are the most universally useful crafting skills. After that I recommend synthweaving (because it crafts alacrity and critical augments that are used by both dps and heals) OR armormech (because it crafts shield and absorb augments for your tanks). Then the one you did not choose, and finally armstech.

It does not really matter what class has what crafting skill. But I would not take a crafting skill with a character less than level 50. If your intention is to be self-sufficient, you will find it difficult to utilize a crafting skill at lower levels. My advice for newer/low level characters is to take two of the three gathering skills and slicing.

This is what I've been thinking, let me know what you think, if any changes are needed let me know.

I'm thinking of setting my Guardian with Armormech, along with Slicing and Underworld trading, since I'm tanking on that toon (mainly), I'll be able to make Shield and Absorb augments and gather schematics that I need.

Commando/heals: Biochem, Bioanalysis, Diplomacy

Gunslinger: Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld trading

Sorcerer/heals: Synthweaving, Archaeology, Underworld trading

Powertech/tank: Armstech, Scavenging, Investigation.

I'm not sure what to do with my Marauder and Operative, I might leave their crew skills empty since I already filled what I need on my other toons.

Caveat: Armstech on a Force-user class is a bit weird, since it makes nothing of use for the character itself. (On the other hand, Artifice on a gun-user class has some self-usefulness, since every class can use relics.)

Not entirely true....augments: accuracy for PVE-DPS, overkill for DPS/Heals, fortitude for PvP