[SUGGESTION] - Level 55 Ops Group Finder

So, there's been a lot of discussion on why at level 55, you can no longer queue in the Group Finder for EV/KP/EC, but for some reason, you can still queue for level 50 HM Flashpoints.

My suggestion is this:

1- Leave the current level 50 to 54 Group Finder options as they are. Level 50 HM Flashpoints, Level 50 Story Mode EV/KP/EC.

2- Leave the Level 55 Ops (TfB & S&V) as they currently are. HOWEVER, add another tier for level 55 characters, to be able to queue for Hard Mode EV/KP/EC. (Maybe just EV/KP? Since even still, I would shudder at the thought of HM EC in the GF....)

They are probably going to ignore us, but also for Lvl 50-54 this is tiresome. Queue times even as a Tank or a Healer take damn long for EV/KP/EC SM. I suspect it is because everybody wants to go to Makeb and finish all there, but this is a real downside to Endgame players.

Bioware: YOU REALLY NEED TO ADD THIS!

I had queued for operations since my tank reached level 50 with some gear but never with success. Now I'm level 55 they're gone and replaced by higher level ones. Even if they come rarely, I'll like to have a chance to play them. Edited by Nkya

I'd really love to see what the yellow names have to say about this.

There is really an outcry from the community, for this.....

REALLY? one of the best-yield weekly missions, is the "Classic Operations"... and unless someone is in an active guild, or PuGs it by spamming fleet, they will never get it.

/signed

Not only can you use GF for level 50 HM FPs at 55, you can use it for Story Mode level 50 Flashpoints, but not for Ops. How does that make any sense?

Also, Soa is the only Ops boss I am missing to get my Aratech Fire and I have spent hours upon hours trying to find a group to run Eternity Vault so I can get it, but no one seems interested and without GF, it doesn't seem like I will ever complete this.

Edited by seekerofpower

Also, Soa is the only Ops boss I am missing to get my Aratech Fire and I have spent hours upon hours trying to find a group to run Eternity Vault so I can get it, but no one seems interested and without GF, it doesn't seem like I will ever complete this.

Well, all I can offer there, is.... if you are on Jedi Covenant, I will gladly run Eternity Vault with you either Imperial or Republic side.

If not, your best bet, is to get on fleet on primetime on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and either post in general chat that you are looking for a SM EV run..... Problem is, the people that CAN queue for it, won't want to miss out on their GF coms for running it.... So if you need an SM EV, and you are 55, you are pretty much screwed. Which sucks, because SM EV can be cleared in around 35-45-minutes.

After reset there are usually people running Hard Mode EV for the [WEEKLY] Classic Operations for the Ultimate Commendations. Which is the real kicker as far as I am concerned.... That weekly, grants coms that you can ONLY use for level 55 gear (Verpine) yet when you are level 55, you CANNOT use the GF to find a team to do it.

Really wish we could get some sort of Dev response here.... This really is ridiculous, and penalizes people who are not in active guilds. I usually don't have a problem getting my weekly runs in, but that is mostly because I have active guilds both Imp and Pub side that do faceroll guild runs each week.

A group of three 55s in full 69s can do HM EV by themselves. There's absolutely no reason to take a full group of eight if you're 55. I've done it with guildies (two dps, one heals) three weeks in a row and it's surprisingly easy, and doing it that way still counts for the Classic Operations weekly. Just an option to consider for 55s who want to do it but are having trouble finding full group.

Don't think you can do HM KP that way, though. Puzzle droid would be a major PITA with only three.

Don't think you can do HM KP that way, though. Puzzle droid would be a major PITA with only three.

I would think it would be highly possible with a commando/sage (for off heals) on the lower part and a scoundrel/sage/shadow on the puzzle, force speed, bubble/resilience for sage/shadow and Scamper and self-heals for scoundrel.

This totally SUX. Thought 'aw good I can get my fill of level 50 ops while I've got my new alt to level 50, before i hit 55'. My healers were in group finder for 5 hours and not one op popped. Absolute fail and the amount of bug reports, complaints, forum threads etc that have gone up about this means either Bioware are just happy to ignore us or they're just plain stupid. This is a biggie for me (as big as t he repair costs cuz the repair costs needed to be dropped SO i could do these damn OPS!!!!)

Not seen Soa in 2 months and I tried to do a guild run 5 times this week with 5 different guilds. Responses were 'we don't need any more healers/members" and if they needed DPS they wanted me to respec etc. yeh it's not the hardest thing to respec but I don't wanna DPS ops I wanna heal em cuz thats what I'm used to.

Of course the most criminal thing about this whole thing is new players to the game won't get to see some of the best parts of swtor. Can't believe how bad customer service stinx for this game.

ALSO WANT A DEV RESPONSE PLEASE. DO YOU GUYS EVEN EXIST OR YOU TOO BUSY SHOVING CRAP INTO THE CARTEL MARKET?

Edited by thomasbaxter

I'd like to get the sm KP/EV/EC to gf so the queues for those wouldn't be so freaking long. I mean, you get comms from it, and since some level 55s run 50 hm fps (probably for comms), I think they would run these too. And maybe then I wouldn't have to wait for at least an hour or 2 as a tank.

Subscriber here. I second this, partially. My suggestion is to just add another tier in the group finder for story mode EV/KP/EC, and allow level 55 characters to queue for it. My reasons:

1. With the double experience weekends and now with experience boosts, it's very likely that a player will get to level 55 before trying these operations.

2. The gear dropped in these operations are important and helpful for obtaining the kind of gear that a level 55 player needs to advance.

3. Organizing a group in general chat is nearly impossible. Trolling for volunteers, matching up the correct roles, is painful. Besides, players waste time waiting on the fleet to find 8 players, whereas with group finder I can be anywhere, doing other missions, while the group is put together for me.

4. Organizing through a guild is just as bad. Many guilds are disorganized and unreliable, and require external resources to organize something like this.

5. Level 55s can already queue in group finder for easier missions -- why omit these? It's not like the level 55 players are going to be too strong for them.

6. Allowing them playable by level 50-54 means you can only do them two or three times, max, before they're no longer available.

7. They're fun, and I want to play them with an alternate character that (due to reason #1) that has already reached level 55. I played each several times as a damage dealer before 2.0, and now I'd like to try being a tank or healer. No such luck, my tank is already level 55.

8. Quite frankly I'm afraid to try SV ant TfB with my current gear. Without these operations available it'll take forever to get there.

9. I shouldn't be penalized for achieving the max level in the game,

10. Because players want it.

Subscriber here. I second this, partially. My suggestion is to just add another tier in the group finder for story mode EV/KP/EC, and allow level 55 characters to queue for it. My reasons:

1. With the double experience weekends and now with experience boosts, it's very likely that a player will get to level 55 before trying these operations.

2. The gear dropped in these operations are important and helpful for obtaining the kind of gear that a level 55 player needs to advance.

3. Organizing a group in general chat is nearly impossible. Trolling for volunteers, matching up the correct roles, is painful. Besides, players waste time waiting on the fleet to find 8 players, whereas with group finder I can be anywhere, doing other missions, while the group is put together for me.

4. Organizing through a guild is just as bad. Many guilds are disorganized and unreliable, and require external resources to organize something like this.

5. Level 55s can already queue in group finder for easier missions -- why omit these? It's not like the level 55 players are going to be too strong for them.

6. Allowing them playable by level 50-54 means you can only do them two or three times, max, before they're no longer available.

7. They're fun, and I want to play them with an alternate character that (due to reason #1) that has already reached level 55. I played each several times as a damage dealer before 2.0, and now I'd like to try being a tank or healer. No such luck, my tank is already level 55.

8. Quite frankly I'm afraid to try SV ant TfB with my current gear. Without these operations available it'll take forever to get there.

9. I shouldn't be penalized for achieving the max level in the game,

10. Because players want it.

EVEN worse try to get a 16 man going spamming sense runin 16 is actlly a easyer run , more loot drops and you get top end coms off every boss in SM OPS 16