Proton Torpedoes Lvl 50 req, really?

Why would I waste commendations on proton torpedoes at level 50 when the incentive for using them, ie: bonus mission objectives like destroying capital starship bridges, and destroying the communications array, award only xp. At lvl 50 I don't need extra xp anymore so what is the incentive to spend commendations on them when I could save up for the 375 Comm Artifact box instead? Lower the lvl requirement back down to 30 like it was in beta so people have an incentive to spend their commendations on Proton Torpedoes again.

They don't provide ONLY xp. They also provide commendations (Which can be used for purple random boxes......) and the potential for rare drops (I got an uncraftable purple drop for my ship on one of my runs recently). Doing bonus missions increases your rewards, and proton torpedoes improve (somewhat) your ability to complete bonus missions.

Now, if you want to complain about how proton torpedoes are implemented once you get them, I'm onboard with that. At lvl 50, you only have one mission on which you can even USE them, and you can't use them against the only target for which you might need them in that mission... that's where they truly fail.

Huh, before getting the Proton Torpedoes, I destroyed the mission main targets using missiles.

Then I equipped the Proton Torpedoes, and I notice I can destroy the mission main targets (like for the 4 shields on Zosha Advance mission) ONLY using the Proton Torpedoes, missiles being now useless against them.

If I unequip the torpedoes and reattempt the mission then the missiles can damage the shields like before.

That's weird!

Also why does I start the mission with only 3 torpedoes each time ? The item description says 4 torpedoes.

Edited by Elysith