Advanced Blue War Hero Crystal: Where to Get It?

Pilgrim_Grey

I found a listing on Dulfy that this is from the PVP crafting chest for 1k comms, but I wanted to make sure that's where you get it. If not there, where can I get it?

From there I have to hunt down someone with the recipe or the ability to make it that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg for it. :/

The listing on dulfy is correct. The blue war hero crystal schematic comes from the pvp crafting boxes. Not at all common though. The schematic is also tradable, for whatever that's worth.

Good to know. I'll check on my server forums to see if anyone has it. The one person I have seen trading this charges an arm and a leg for it (compared to every other PVP crystal).

I'm tempted to go to the bug forums and post about this, as there is no reason the common colors should have any rarity like this. You can get every variation of red and green from the crew skills trainers, and the PVP versions are available for a reasonable amount of comms from a vendor, too!

I found a listing on Dulfy that this is from the PVP crafting chest for 1k comms, but I wanted to make sure that's where you get it. If not there, where can I get it?

From there I have to hunt down someone with the recipe or the ability to make it that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg for it. :/

Not sure if it bugged or not but some time ago i wanted to get Cyan Warhero schem - opened around 20 PvP chests and zero scematics dropped..

Then i searched the forums and found copmlains from people who opened 100 boxes with the same result.

So i set the idea of aquiring the schematics aside and just bought the Crystal for 1mln...

Maybe you need to have the Artifice as active craftskill to have a drop.. Because i was buying PvP boxes on my PvP toon that have Biochem..

Edited by Missandei

Good to know. I'll check on my server forums to see if anyone has it. The one person I have seen trading this charges an arm and a leg for it (compared to every other PVP crystal).

I'm tempted to go to the bug forums and post about this, as there is no reason the common colors should have any rarity like this. You can get every variation of red and green from the crew skills trainers, and the PVP versions are available for a reasonable amount of comms from a vendor, too!

Unfortunately I'm not on your server, or we could try to work something out. I'd probably charge an arm and a foot or the like too though. They're not always cheap to make. The materials to make one go for 300-400k+ on my server (if you can get some of them at all), although I expect it's a fair bit less on the more populated servers. It is kind of odd they didn't put the blue on the basic pvp vendor. The purple and cyan war hero schematics coming from the boxes makes sense, since the PvE versions are obtained from operations. The blue not so much.

Maybe you need to have the Artifice as active craftskill to have a drop.. Because i was buying PvP boxes on my PvP toon that have Biochem..

You don't. I actually got mine on a character that doesn't have artifice, then gave it to one that does. They're just very rare. Took at least ~40-50 boxes before I got the blue war hero one, for example.

Not sure if it bugged or not but some time ago i wanted to get Cyan Warhero schem - opened around 20 PvP chests and zero scematics dropped..

Then i searched the forums and found copmlains from people who opened 100 boxes with the same result.

So i set the idea of aquiring the schematics aside and just bought the Crystal for 1mln...

Its not bugged. It only has around a 0.5% drop rate. One of my friends tested it on the public test server by coping the same toon over and over again. He opened between 400 to 500 boxes. after opening around 100 boxes he got Schematic: Advanced Yellow War Hero's crystal. after over 400 boxes he got Schematic: Advanced Cyan War Hero's Crystal. This was done march 2014. Here is a link to show his success. If you scroll to the right in the picture, you will see the starfighter group finder button. That proves it is fairly recent.

http://postimg.org/image/pbjeuga15/

To this date I have opened 137 grade 6 crafting pvp boxes. I got the yellow war hero's crystal schematic after opening 114 boxes. I put a tally mark on a piece of paper everytime I open a box. SO this is 100% accurate. I have also spoken to a SWTOR Supervisor about these war hero crystal schematic earlier this year. He told me they definitely still do drop. He got the team to test it for me to make sure its not glitched. The Supervisor answered my ticket about this issue, So I have documented prove. He is the link for that

http://postimg.org/image/f8b6o9wkv/

and heres a screenshot of when The Yellow War Hero's crystal schematic dropped for me.

http://postimg.org/image/nf2gbkqvr/

Edited by watermelonfan

I disagree about making the Blue War Hero's crystal more common. There are players who worked hard or go really lucky to get the schematic. If I had the schematic and they added it to the pvp vendor, I would feel cheated. I would be really angry. It would be like a smack in the face. the schematic would become useless. The schematic for Advanced Yellow War Hero's Crystal is now ruined since it comes free with offhand focus and generators.

Bioware, Please don't destroy the value of Advanced Blue War Hero's Crystals.

Edited by watermelonfan

• 1 month later...

i was looking for war hero schematics (blue/purple) crystals yesterday.

they still come from those PVP crafting chest?

its still rare like that? if is, i dont think is worth. better buy the crystal I guess.

Edited by Eommer

i was looking for war hero schematics (blue/purple) crystals yesterday.

they still come from those PVP crafting chest?

its still rare like that? if is, i dont think is worth. better buy the crystal I guess.

Yes, the blue/yellow/purple/cyan war hero schematics still come from the pvp crafting chest. And yes, they're still quite rare.