Sith in a Pretty Dress: Chronicles of Adwynyth

Adwynyth

You should. Wait...no, it's QUINN! You shouldn't! He's a horrible, horrible person!

Hey, Quinn's a bro. You don't hate on bros. :p

Absolutely none. For someone who scheming and underhanded, he can be an idiot in unfamiliar situations.

Well he is practically a computer in human form...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline: Nar Shaddaa, right after the last post

Minor Sith Warrior Ch 1 spoilers

Adwynyth looked Quinn up and down as soon as he emerged from his quarters. "Excellent." Vette developed a quite convenient cough to cover her gleeful laughter.

"Are you quite certain this...outfit is entirely appropriate for battle, my lord?"

"Remember, Quinn, you had the same reservations about my wardrobe when we first met. Well, after you got over thinking I was spoiled rich brat going for a joyride, that is."

"Yes. Once again, I must apologize--"

"Water under the bridge, Captain." She still owed him one for that, but would collect at a later time.

"Thank you, my lord."

Adwynyth turned to her co-conspirator. "What do you think, Vette?"

The Twi'lek tried to keep a straight face. "Very...Quinn," she finally managed. She began coughing again and Quinn pulled out a medscanner. "No, I'm fine," she choked out. "Just swallowed some water the wrong way." She excused herself hastily and ran to the other end of the ship.

"Thank you, I think." The officer moved experimentally, drawing and aiming his pistol at the wall. "I admit feeling some...unease, my lord. It doesn't allow completely free movement."

"You'll adjust quickly, I'm sure. Remember, I told you how I had to adjust my footwork so I wouldn't trip over the hem of my dress. You'll get the hang of it."

"As you say, my lord. Shall we practice, so as to hasten the process?"

"No time. We got an update while you were changing. Rathari's been sighted near Halidrell's establishment. We need to proceed there immediately and set up an ambush for him."

"Truly? I shall have to examine the intelligence and calculate--"

"We need to move now. We don't want anything to happen to Halidrell..."

"Of course not, my lord. Ms. Setsyn is a capable operative for Lord Baras."

"Vette! We're moving out!"

"Coming!"

Adwynyth and Quinn caught Vette fiddling with a holoimager when they emerged into the hallway. Quinn looked quizically. The Sith gave her a dirty look behind the captain.

Vette, always quick on her feet, put it away and explained. "Oh, uh...I wanted to record our battles and try to improve...um...efficiency."

Adwynyth didn't think Quinn would buy it, but the Imperial seemed mildly pleased. "Good initiative, Vette. We may make an Imperial of you yet." He made for the ramp, missing Vette's shocked look, Adwynyth's stifled laugh, and the Twi'lek's rude gesture that followed.

The threesome encountered a completely darkened facility by the time they reached Setsyn's warehouse. There was no answer when Adwynyth called ahead to check on her status. Quinn was taking point and conveniently missed the wink that she gave Vette.

They spread out, moving one at a time while covered by the other two. It was just light enough to make out each other's hand signals to indicate who was moving and who was covering. They moved as a well-oiled machine until Adwynyth tumbled out of sight behind a crate and the lights suddenly blazed to life, blinding Quinn for a second.

When he was able to see again, he was surrounded by many of the men and women he'd worked with on Balmorra. Rutau was there (part of him bandaged as usual), and so was Rigel. Even Jillens was there. And they were laughing at him, taking holos, and holding drinks. And they were all in uniform. And...Darth Lachris! The governor of Balmorra was present as well.

"Happy birthday, Quinn!"

Quinn was decked out in a leather slave harness covering his torso, leather chaps and a codpiece on his lower body, and slave sandals. He wore a fake slave collar around his neck, and his head was topped with a small replica of one of those ridiculous Hutt hats, tilted just off to one side. His chest, his cheeks, and his lack of dignity were being shown off to the world.

His dignity in tatters, Quinn just stood there, unable to think of any proper response. Lachris handed him a small plate with a piece of cake. "Just smile and take your revenge later, Captain. It's the Sith...and by extension...the Imperial way."

Quinn grinned, just a little. The sight was chilling.

I really don't know if that was too harsh on Quinn or not! :p

Considering this happened shorty after he joined the crew and they barely knew him, I'd say way too harsh. The idea that the girls got so much sadistic pleasure in planning his utter humiliation in front of everyone he knows as a birthday surprise is completely disturbing. I'm surprised they didn't throw pigs blood on him at the same time :mad:

This is the first time I've cheered on Quinn's betrayal of a warrior.

<3. that is all.

Why thank you...

I believe that was directed at the story in general.

Oh. :(

Poor Quinn.... I pity and laugh at him at the same time. :D

That's the idea. :D

I really don't know if that was too harsh on Quinn or not! :p

Of course not. He's Quinn!

Did she drug him in order to get him to wear that? That is obviously not efficient in the slightest.

...at least he's showing off those hard fought for abs.

...this is true.

I'm embarrassed to say I fell for her rather rational-sounding explanation.

You fell for these, bucko. *grabs chest*

*sigh* Guilty as charged.

I'm surprised they didn't throw pigs blood on him at the same time :mad:

Please don't give that evil Twi'lek ideas.

Too late. :rak_03:

*sigh*

This is the first time I've cheered on Quinn's betrayal of a warrior.

Well now, you haven't seen how he gets his revenge yet, have you? :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for writing this! :D I absolutely adore your stories of the mishaps and adventures of your sith warrior and co.

(Just spent an hour or so reading them! Please write more, please, pretty please...I'm begging you)

Again thank you for letting me spend time supposedly spent researching biology homework...;)...enjoyable!

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the kind words. I just posted something in the Weekly thread, and I intend to get back at this mess, too.

*is kicked by a Twi'lek* HEY!

About !@#$%^ time, bucko! Why'd you let me sleep that long? There's things to do, people to see--

--other people's credits to spend?

--other people's cred...don't put words in my mouth.

I thought that's what you wanted me to do.

*opens mouth, doesn't say anything, kicks author again and stomps out*

Ow.

Timeline: Somewhere between Taris and Hoth

Spoilers: Minor Ch1 (companions and title)

"What's wrong, little bird? You look nervous." Pierce took another swig of his Tarisian ale, smiling at the glare from Vette.

"You're never gonna let me live down that bit of history between Ad and me, are you?"

"Nope. So what are you nervous about?"

"Nothing." She continued to fidget worriedly and specifically not look in the direction of Adwynyth's quarters. It was no secret that she and Quinn had been bumping uglies for a while now, but this was going to get uglier than that if Vette was right.

"You sure everything's okay? I'm sure Pierce and I could cheer you up." Jaesa's voice took on a very slight lascivious tone, and the big man smiled his trademark wolfish grin. They were an item, and had made no secret that they'd be open for something a bit more...well...open if Vette wanted to join in.

"No thanks. You guys are cute together, but...ew. Threesome." She shivered. "My lekku don't twist that way. So, tell me again why you call your own boyfriend 'Pierce'?" Adwynyth's raised voice came next and confirmed the Twi'lek's worst fears.

"YOU SLEPT WITH WHO?!"

The door flew off its hinges and put a crater in the opposite wall just as Adwynyth, completely naked but carrying one of her lightsabers, emerged through the smoke-filled doorway. "VETTE!" The Twi'lek shot out of her chair, up over the back of the couch, and scampered for the only place she felt safe: the small starboard-side compartment she usually called home. The peeved Sith Lord followed her in and slammed the door.

Nothing was heard from within. Quinn emerged from his lover's -- and commander's -- quarters looking a bit worried, and more than a bit naked himself. "Lieutenant? What--"

"In Vette's room...I dunno what's happening."

Pierce was severely conflicted himself. He would do anything for the little thief, but there was no way he would take on the one he affectionately called "milord" either. Jaesa looked just as frozen-in-place as he did. There was no banging, no explosions, no blaster fire, nor the sound of a lightsaber cutting thru anything. Just deadly silence. "A force choke couldn't last this long."

Quinn looked miserable, as if this was his fault. Judging from what was yelled, it very well might be.

Meanwhile, inside Vette's makeshift quarters, she and Adwynyth were sitting on the floor, dying of laughter and straining to contain the sound of it within the room. "You owe me fifty," said the Sith.

"What?! But he didn't..."

"The bet was for 'sleeping with'. I said nothing about sex."

"But I thought...but you said... Ah, kark." She grabbed a fifty-cred stick out of her pocket and handed it to Adwynyth.

Outside, Pierce and Jaesa had started a mild argument. "C'mon, fifty."

"Absolutely not. There was no sex."

"All I said was 'sleep with', love. You're the one that assumed the rest."

She looked to Quinn for confirmation. "Technically, we were sleeping in the same bed."

Jaesa pulled a fifty-cred stick from her robes. "Oh, kark!" Pierce's face fell.

"And I'll take that, Lieutenant," said the formal Imperial. "I told you she'd been associating with Vette too much lately, and would eventually pick up that kind of language."

"And I'll take it, Quinnie-poo," purred the quite undamaged Twi'lek, emerging from her room. "I told you Pierce wouldn't notice you naked if something big happened." Pierce looked at the captain anew, then wished he hadn't.

"So, ours wasn't the only bet?" Adwynyth had wrapped a towel around herself. "Well then...I guess I'd best wake up 2V so he can put the door back on its hinges. Good acting, though, am I right?"

"Absolutely, master...so much so that couldn't pull off that little rampage without damaging the ship." Jaesa made 'gimme' motions at the elder Sith. "I believe it was fifty?"

Having no place else to put the credstick she'd received from Vette, Adwynyth turned it over with a sigh. "So, did anyone come out of this ahead?"

Quinn slid quickly over to Adwynyth and whispered something in her ear. "Oh, you're right. We did...we get to use Vette's room until ours is fixed!" She grabbed Quinn and locked them both in Vette's room before the Twi'lek could react.

"No! Oh stars, it took weeks to get that out last time..."

"So," Jaesa purred, "how did you get Quinn to sleep with you? Nice performance, by the way."

"Thanks! I drugged him." Vette smiled smugly.

2VR8 came around the corner and saw the mess the Sith Lord had created. "Oh, kark!"

Credsticks changed hands again.

Hopefully, I'm using my borrowed Huttese correctly. :p Been so long, I don't remember who I'm borrowing it from, but thanks just the same. :D

Edited by Adwynyth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Timeline: Nar Shaddaa, shortly after this post

Minor Smuggler and Sith Warrior Nar Shaddaa (Ch1) spoilers

Adwynyth woke up with the worst hangover she'd ever had. Her eyeballs felt about three sizes too large.

"Ugh..." was about all she could manage verbally. Funny...she hadn't drunk all that much last night.

A deep resonant voice speaking some sort of gibberish sounded behind her, but she was too far gone to make anything of it.

"What? Stop that babbling...even my hair hurts."

The Hutt repeated. "I said, little one, you should learn to hold your liquor...and your tongue. I don't tolerate lazy or mouthy slaves."

She realized three things simultaneously: she was laying on something that felt like wet leather, she was very naked, and she had a chain attached to a collar around her neck. The other end was chained to...a Hutt? The one she was resting on.

Adwynyth shook her head once to clear the cobwebs. "No no no...this has to be a bad dream." She looked around...nope, no dream. She was on a gigantic pleasure barge docked just off what looked like the Upper Promenade. There were several huge tables set for a feast, a Wookiee in a cage, Gamorrean guards all over the place. Yup. The Hutt must be Drooga.

The young Sith was jarred by a searing electrical shock to her neck. "I said silence, slave!" A yank on the chain caused her to tumble head-over-heels off the platform Drooga was on and land behind him on the barge's deck. "I see you'll require some breaking in," he drawled lasciviously. Everyone on board the barge laughed.

Adwynyth shot to her feet, glowing with black and red waves of Dark Side energy. She shattered the collar around her neck with the Force without even gesturing. She smiled malevolently, and even the Gamorreans dropped their weapons and ran, only to find the barge had left dock. The Hutt simply stared, unable to really move anywhere quickly.

Forget the hangover. This might actually be fun.

Wait...naked. No lightsabers. Maybe not quite so fun.

Vette opened her eyes and regretted doing so immediately. "OW! Kill me, please." She squeezed them shut again in a hurry.

"I regret I cannot do that, Mistress," was the immediate response. It echoed weirdly in her ears. Then again, everything was echoing weirdly in her ears. Actually, no...that was the hangover.

That got her attention and woke her up. Why did she have a hangover? She could drink most Nikto three times her size under the table. She couldn't remember the last time she had a hangover.

Quinn. It had to be. Captain Snooty-Shorts must have taken the joke Adwynyth and she had played on him last night a little badly and slipped her something. Oh well...time to survey the damage, she thought, and opened her eyes again.

"What the hell?" Looking around, she was in the middle of warehouse of protocol droids, all standing around waiting to be assigned. There must have been a thousand of them in here, packed in like sardines, and she was right in the middle of them!

About half of them tried to answer her question at once. "I'm sorry, Mistress, but I don't understand the context of the question." That accent...the same one 2V had; UGH! She hated that voice.

"Could you all just shut up for a minute?" She raised her voice to carry through the warehouse. "I need to find a way out of here. Make a hole."

Again, at least half of them replied. "I'm sorry, Mistress, but I can't do either of those things. I was specifically programmed not to obey you, and not to let you out of this warehouse until a specific individual comes to collect you." This echoey Imperial droid voice business was starting to give her a headache again.

"Come on, guys...a joke's a joke, but shut up and move."

Again the mass response reverberating off the walls and ceiling, threatening to move her headache to migraine status. She looked around panicking and felt for her pistols. Nothing. No belt. No knife in the boot...uh, no boot. No pants. NO CLOTHES!

She didn't need to be told who the "specific individual was. "Quiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!"

Malavai Quinn was just putting the finishing touches on some paperwork when the holo sounded. He answered right away, recognizing the code. "Quinn here. May I help you, Miss Setsyn?"

"Please, Captain, call me Halidrell. And yes, I was looking for Adwynyth. Is she around? I need to chat with her about Lord Rathari's whereabouts."

"Not just at the moment. She's dealing with some sort of a Hutt matter, I believe. I'll be happy to relay the information to her."

"Thank you. I'll just send it; so much easier than reciting a dry scouting report."

"Quite. Thank you. By the way, Miss Setsyn, a conflict with one of your shipments just crossed my eyes, so I took the liberty of pulling rank and taking care of it myself. I hope I haven't overstepped my authority."

"Not at all, Captain, I appreciate it. There's so much paperwork in this business. What should I know?"

"A small contingent of Twi'leks was headed off-world prematurely, but I've rerouted them to your office. All the paperwork should be in order."

"I really appreciate it. Working for Lord Baras is rewarding, but he doesn't tolerate screw-ups. I owe you one."

Anyone who knew Quinn would be frightened by the very genuine smile he gave in response. "Not at all. Consider us even. If you'll excuse me, I have shipboard matters to attend to."

"Of course, Captain. And thanks again."

"My pleasure." He broke the connection.

Looking over the last of the forms he'd just transmitted, his smile widened just a touch. He knew that Halidrell had done most of the legwork for Adwynyth and Vette in planning that embarrassment the night before. So he'd saved the best revenge for last: a group of slaves with Mantellian gutworm, redirected to Halidrell instead of quarantine. She'd be hellishly sick for a week. No long-term damage, but she'd remember for a long time.

Don't mess with Malavai Quinn.

Timeline: none, just a short that kinda bends the fourth wall a bit

"Watch this."

"Okay." Vette thought maybe her friend had lost it this time.

Adwynyth jumped on the ramp and suddenly Vette found herself on the ship, which was rapidly taking off.

"See?"

"See what?"

Adwynyth made an exasperated noise. "You don't remember getting on the ship, right?"

"Right."

"Well, how did you, then?"

"Um...I guess I--"

"Don't guess. Tell me what you know."

"Well, I know you're acting weird."

"Okay, let's try something else. Jaesa!"

The young apprentice ducked her head around the corner. "Yes, Mast--uh, Adwynyth?"

"Okay, all three of us are going to walk off this ramp at the same time. Quinn, land the ship!"

The Captain's voice came over the intercom. "You know, my lord, this ship is equipped with a state of the art--"

"Quiet, you. It's small enough to yell. Land the ship, Malavai."

"Yes, my lord."

The sound and movement of the ship ceased with one very gentle lurch as the ship landed. If there was one thing Quinn knew how to do (besides scowl), it was fly this ship.

"Okay...everybody link arms." They did so.

"Now, one...two...three!"

Only Vette and Adwynyth ended up in the hangar. Jaesa was nowhere to be found. She wasn't even on the ramp.

"See? Where did she go?"

"I guess she changed her mind."

"And how did she get her arm untangled from mine so quickly?"

"I dunno...some Sithy thing. You tell me." She gestured mystically. "You know...boogity boogity."

The Sith Lord sighed heavily. "Screw it...let's get some ice cream."

I approve of shattering the fourth wall into little tiny pieces. :D

So do I! *stomp, stomp, shatter, bash*

What?! I thought I Vette-proofed this door.

Ain't no such thing, Sparky.

Sparky?

What? You call people and things "Sparky" all the time.

Yes, but I know how hard a time you gave Adwynyth about her tattoo.

So?

So, I know what your tattoo says.

I don't have a...oh kark, I do now, don't I?

:p