Can Someone Explain This?

Joonbeams

There is a seller on the GTN (Satele Shan) who sells items from several crafting professions (cybertech, armstech, synthweaving, etc.). The seller typically has pages and pages of BiS crafted items/mods for each profession (306s) and each items has the "the maker's name has been worn completely off" label. But here's the kicker, the seller's name is always the same name (I've been very careful to see if there are special chars/accents, and there aren't). Pages and pages, all crafting professions, all 306 items, and all with same seller name and 'worn off" label.

Given the 30-day cooldown to changing a toon's name, and given the one crafting profession per toon limit, how is it possible to have the same seller's name, day after day, week after week, on items across multiple professions simultaneously?

(Note, I've intentionally kept the seller's name out of this, and posted no screenshots - but you can see this anytime if you're on SS)....

There is a seller on the GTN (Satele Shan) who sells items from several crafting professions (cybertech, armstech, synthweaving, etc.). The seller typically has pages and pages of BiS crafted items/mods for each profession (306s) and each items has the "the maker's name has been worn completely off" label. But here's the kicker, the seller's name is always the same name (I've been very careful to see if there are special chars/accents, and there aren't). Pages and pages, all crafting professions, all 306 items, and all with same seller name and 'worn off" label.

Given the 30-day cooldown to changing a toon's name, and given the one crafting profession per toon limit, how is it possible to have the same seller's name, day after day, week after week, on items across multiple professions simultaneously?

(Note, I've intentionally kept the seller's name out of this, and posted no screenshots - but you can see this anytime if you're on SS)....

What do you mean? Is there a reason the same person wouldn't be able to listed crafted items made by cybertech, synthweaving, artifice, etc?

They make the stuff on a bunch of alts than use one toon to sell to keep it orderly I guess. If that is what you are asking, what are you asking?

I suppose this is the simplest answer :o. It's just that all the maker names are worn off, but I guess that's easier to explain. I'll be going now...(thanks)....

I'm fairly certain that the seller is crafting on a different server and simply selling the items on another. This is why the name of the crafter has been removed, they do not exist on your server.

they're probably not crafting at all.... but rather buying on a different server and transfering the character with a ton of crafted goods in their inventory....

There are two ways for "The makers Name has worn completely off" to appear.... either the character that made them is no longer on the server (name change, transfer, ban) or the character that made them was never on the server (goods transferred with a character from another server)

they're probably not crafting at all.... but rather buying on a different server and transfering the character with a ton of crafted goods in their inventory....

There are two ways for "The makers Name has worn completely off" to appear.... either the character that made them is no longer on the server (name change, transfer, ban) or the character that made them was never on the server (goods transferred with a character from another server)

sounds like they are buying them them on a server with has a surplus/going cheap, or making them where they have lots of materials, then transferring them on a throwaway to SS. SS is probably the highest price for them (that sells)

sounds like they are buying them them on a server with has a surplus/going cheap, or making them where they have lots of materials, then transferring them on a throwaway to SS. SS is probably the highest price for them (that sells)

Or the guy just happened to transfer and had a bunch of stuff crafted before he got moved.

Not really sure how this is suspicious unless there's thousands of these craftables with wiped names off them, and week after week it continues. Then I'd wonder.

Or the guy just happened to transfer and had a bunch of stuff crafted before he got moved.

Not really sure how this is suspicious unless there's thousands of these craftables with wiped names off them, and week after week it continues. Then I'd wonder.

even if he was buying them and selling them on another server, it's not really suspicious, it's just another way of making credits...lol. Sometimes there is a massive difference in price of servers, if you have the time and patience, and CC's, you can make a mint.

I was a bit confused when I wrote this:o. So I missed the most obvious explanation which is just that seller is just selling items crafted from a bunch of other toons (even more ironic since I do this myself). The fact that all the items have maker's name worn off (every time, week after week) was a red herring and is explainable in a number of ways ppl mentioned, including that this is old inventory that's not really moving.

Baked into my confusion was the, untested, assumption that the inventory was continuing to be recycled and still showing no name. But it's just as likely that seller just has a backlog of stuff to move that isn't moving....