The Cartel Market is now on the Public Test Server!

CourtneyWoods

So I kinda have a question for BW, will we be able to purchase cartel coin "cards" at specific retailers? I for one don't like using my cc online, so if i were to purchase cartel coins, I would rather do so with cash...

Nope, its the CCG without the first 'C'. They just want you to shell out the money without having to the go through the process of making some collectible cards.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, its the CCG without the first 'C'. They just want you to shell out the money without having to the go through the process of making some collectible cards.

Naw man, i was just wondering if we could buy cartel coins like time cards. I don't like using my credit card online so i would rather buy cartel coins at game stop, bestbuy, ect...

6. Don't really see any cool looking armor/clothing. Was hoping for something fresh and new.

7. The scaling speeders are brilliant. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Please reduce the single use cooldown on quick travel to like 1 Cartel Coin.

/agree

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do we have to use Cartel Coins to but the access to get HK51? That's what it looked like to me in one of the images. If so I sure hope I have enough...

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread, subscribers get it

Edited by Myeh-Myeh
Misread Info

Its kinda funny but the Cratel Box's have been used on a multitude of F2P games for YEARS. They've been doing stuff like this since like the mid 2000's with F2P. Games that have done it and are still going on.

Silkroad Online, Atlantica Online, Sword of the New World, 12Sky 1 & 2, etc etc.

Ya this is nothing new for the gaming community in a whole that have played a lot of F2P MMO's. But I really do like all of these items that they have posted. What I would really like to see is Companion Specific Item Sets. Like there first armor set that they ever had would be awesome.

Keep up the good work Bioware ^_^

Edited by Gorlen

a couple of problems i have with the shop:

1. if you are f2p, you have to buy a license to where purple gear. IMO, ALL gear should be wearable by everyone.. regardless if they are F2P or not. i dont have an issue with F2P players having to take a bit longer to get purple gear. think tribes ascend.. in that game, yes i can unlock certain items with cash.. but i can also unlock them with experience that i earn in game.. it just takes a while. in TOR, if i want to even wear an item that i found or bought via pvp badges or whatnot, im going to have to pay to do that. that sounds like pay to win to me. again, having it take more time to get the gear if f2p is perfectly fine by me. but if i earned the badges in game to buy the gear, i should be able to wear it, regardless if i am f2p or not.

2. you have to buy an unlock to hide your helm.. REALLY? and thats going to bring back players how? people are going to see this as money grubbing.. because well, it is.

these two issues alone are going to alienate your already small player base, and is going to do nothing but discourage past players from coming back.

Ya this is nothing new for the gaming community in a whole that have played a lot of F2P MMO's. But I really do like all of these items that they have posted. What I would really like to see is Companion Specific Item Sets. Like there first armor set that they ever had would be awesome.

Keep up the good work Bioware ^_^

No kidding! Especially for characters like Kaliyo, who starts off in totally different gear. All of the new stuff is pretty neutral coloured except for force some force user stuff

I'd have to say they are only doing a poor to average job myself, being from an APAC server.

Wow! I don't see anything that I will so far buy in the cash shop, but I love how they have given us 2 more slots for all our abilities and such as well as they improved the sounds for the "friends of SWTOR" speeder. Thanks Bio-ware.

a couple of problems i have with the shop:

1. if you are f2p, you have to buy a license to where purple gear. IMO, ALL gear should be wearable by everyone.. regardless if they are F2P or not. i dont have an issue with F2P players having to take a bit longer to get purple gear. think tribes ascend.. in that game, yes i can unlock certain items with cash.. but i can also unlock them with experience that i earn in game.. it just takes a while. in TOR, if i want to even wear an item that i found or bought via pvp badges or whatnot, im going to have to pay to do that. that sounds like pay to win to me. again, having it take more time to get the gear if f2p is perfectly fine by me. but if i earned the badges in game to buy the gear, i should be able to wear it, regardless if i am f2p or not.

2. you have to buy an unlock to hide your helm.. REALLY? and thats going to bring back players how? people are going to see this as money grubbing.. because well, it is.

these two issues alone are going to alienate your already small player base, and is going to do nothing but discourage past players from coming back.

I completely agree with you, with the inclusion of unify armor colors.

Customers don't like to feel like they are being nickle and dimed, and when you have to pay to hide your head slot and unify armor color it feels like you are doing just that to customers.

MMO players get attached to their characters. They want their characters to look and feel awesome. It is what keeps them playing. The more they play, the more likely they will buy more things. Unifying armor helps players characters look better and not silly or stupid with non-matching gear, it is one of the great things about Star Wars in regards to character customization.

MMO customers understand and expect to pay for content, for goodies like mounts and pets, for consumables, but not for things like hiding a head slot, or unifying armor. When you have to pay for something that is standard, even in other Free to Play games like hiding a head piece, customers will not like that.

You, as Bioware, need to understand your customer base more. You guys are new at the MMO business and I don't want to see things go wrong, and having to buy these simple things is going the wrong way.

I completely agree with you, with the inclusion of unify armor colors.

Customers don't like to feel like they are being nickle and dimed, and when you have to pay to hide your head slot and unify armor color it feels like you are doing just that to customers.

MMO players get attached to their characters. They want their characters to look and feel awesome. It is what keeps them playing. The more they play, the more likely they will buy more things. Unifying armor helps players characters look better and not silly or stupid with non-matching gear, it is one of the great things about Star Wars in regards to character customization.

MMO customers understand and expect to pay for content, for goodies like mounts and pets, for consumables, but not for things like hiding a head slot, or unifying armor. When you have to pay for something that is standard, even in other Free to Play games like hiding a head piece, customers will not like that.

You, as Bioware, need to understand your customer base more. You guys are new at the MMO business and I don't want to see things go wrong, and having to buy these simple things is going the wrong way.

To be fair , we didn't have unify colors or hide head slot for months and i have only ever used unify colors twice maybe on 13 characters. So i believe you need to calm down , they aren't needed at all , don't worry yourself.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Subscribers: Access to all 6 quick Bars

I mean seriously? You are going to make people pay to unlock quick slot bars?

Fleet pass: $90

=> way too expansive, drop it to 9-10

Armor sets: $1200 (Two months and half subs)

=> too expansive, lower it to one month ($500) max, especially if you want to encourage players to use alts. At worst allow players to buy piece separately

Carbonite Chamber: $1440

=> Looks nice but the price even at 50% off is a rip off. Even as someone who really enjoys fluffy items I would never spend 1.5 to 3 times worth points rewards on it.

Packs: $360-$180

=> While I despite the concept (speak to people who wasted hundreds of $ in SWG...) It would not be that bad if all items available here would also be available as separate purchases AND the possibility to toggle a do not get a duplicate of an already owned item.

Customization control: hide head slot: #350

=> Really? Making people pay to hide head slot when in other games we can also hide: back, gloves, boots, shoulder pads for free? This looks like lame.

Customization control: Unify colors $350

=> We don't even have gear dyes and you want people to pay for a dumbed down version? What were you thinking? Look at GW2 win which e have 2 to 3 dyeable area on each piece of gear with a free starer color palette available one click away.

Gamorrean Axe $350

/facepalm

Are you going to add Goblins along the already existing Blood Elves (Sith) and the Orcs (Mirialan)?

Medical Probes: $500

Once again way too expansive, drop *** to $25, $50 at worst each

Weekly Pass Warzones $240

Not sure this ia such a good idea.

PvP in TOR is broken, so you need to encourage players to do it or the regular will leave.

Weekly Pass: Sapce Missions

I don't know... honestly you should be rewarding people to play this piece of junk not otherwise.

Quick travel: $90

Too expansive, drop it to $9

All in all the shop looks like a bit too much as a way to milk players.

In others F2P or sub based + F2P games the model is more subtle and less mandatory.

Even more in the other games you can earn in game currency while playing

Finally at this time the shop looks like quite empty and the gear more like reusing exiting assets than else.

You can do better than that for sure.

I don't see anything in those lists (unless I missed them) about access to existing missions and quests. Am I to understand that F2P players really can have access to basically the whole leveling experience to 50, as it is right now (aside from restrictions on quickbars, hold space, quick travel, etc.)?

This looks more like an expanded free-trial version of the game rather than a F2P model.

Also, these limits and micro-transactions don't benefit our community in anyway except having more people to level with. Our economy will still be broke since the F2P members wont be able to wear anything good (which will make them useless in some heroics and flashpoints) unless they buy an authorization, which many players probably can't do. And it will still take longer to find groups if we don't get a megaton of new f2p memberships because of the limits put on that.

Its kinda funny but the Cratel Box's have been used on a multitude of F2P games for YEARS. They've been doing stuff like this since like the mid 2000's with F2P. Games that have done it and are still going on.

Silkroad Online, Atlantica Online, Sword of the New World, 12Sky 1 & 2, etc etc.

Hell, just look at GPotato. All cash shop f2p mode. from playing a few of their games for about a year it appeared to me they made a lot of dough. This Cartel Market just doesn't seem right to me. Almost looks as if it's really operated by a bunch of Hutts. Dang.. it all makes sense now "Cartel" Market :confused:

Edited by Sydth

To equip purple op gear do you need to buy authorization: artifact equipment for 1200cc or authorization: event equipment requisiton for 175cc ?

I just noticed on the in-game information for "Authorization: Artifact Equipment" it says that it applies for story and PvP artifact gear - I saw that as meaning the "authorization" for wearing Operations gear comes with the Operations pass (seeing as though you can't even get into the instance without the pass).

It would be truly aweful to make a free player pay to get into the operation then pay AGAIN to use anything they might actually gain from it...

What I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to see on the Cartel Market was empty customisable armor that was bound to your legacy and could be worn from level 1 onwards (like the current legacy armor) - I was even hoping to find some of the great looking armor that is currently in game but only worn by NPCs.

What I really liked in [the other game that shall not be named] was you could buy a piece of "heirloom" gear that could be sent to your fresh alt then worn from level 1 all the way to cap so you could look uber as you were running around your starting zone (as well as the other bonuses you get from wearing that armor) - when you finally replace that armor with endgame gear you could just mail the armor piece to another alt and start the process again.

I kind of understand them wanting to put gear complete with mods up for sale on the Cartel Market but I would much prefer them just remove the mods, remove the min level requirement and sell it like that so people could put them on at level 1 to strut their stuff from the word go :)

On another note, I just noticed all of the wearable equipment up for purchase on the Cartel Market is actually artifact quality gear - meaning free players would have to buy the armor then buy a licence to actually wear it... Ouch...

Subscribers: Access to all 6 quick Bars

I mean seriously? You are going to make people pay to unlock quick slot bars?

Fleet pass: $90

=> way too expansive, drop it to 9-10

Armor sets: $1200 (Two months and half subs)

=> too expansive, lower it to one month ($500) max, especially if you want to encourage players to use alts. At worst allow players to buy piece separately

Carbonite Chamber: $1440

=> Looks nice but the price even at 50% off is a rip off. Even as someone who really enjoys fluffy items I would never spend 1.5 to 3 times worth points rewards on it.

Packs: $360-$180

=> While I despite the concept (speak to people who wasted hundreds of $ in SWG...) It would not be that bad if all items available here would also be available as separate purchases AND the possibility to toggle a do not get a duplicate of an already owned item.

Customization control: hide head slot: #350

=> Really? Making people pay to hide head slot when in other games we can also hide: back, gloves, boots, shoulder pads for free? This looks like lame.

Customization control: Unify colors $350

=> We don't even have gear dyes and you want people to pay for a dumbed down version? What were you thinking? Look at GW2 win which e have 2 to 3 dyeable area on each piece of gear with a free starer color palette available one click away.

Gamorrean Axe $350

/facepalm

Are you going to add Goblins along the already existing Blood Elves (Sith) and the Orcs (Mirialan)?

Medical Probes: $500

Once again way too expansive, drop *** to $25, $50 at worst each

Weekly Pass Warzones $240

Not sure this ia such a good idea.

PvP in TOR is broken, so you need to encourage players to do it or the regular will leave.

Weekly Pass: Sapce Missions

I don't know... honestly you should be rewarding people to play this piece of junk not otherwise.

Quick travel: $90

Too expansive, drop it to $9

All in all the shop looks like a bit too much as a way to milk players.

In others F2P or sub based + F2P games the model is more subtle and less mandatory.

Even more in the other games you can earn in game currency while playing

Finally at this time the shop looks like quite empty and the gear more like reusing exiting assets than else.

You can do better than that for sure.

You must shop at Goodwill and Dollar General. Everything seems to be twice as much as "You" think it's worth.

And it's Expensive, not Expansive (just an fyi).

I like the store and I think the prices are reasonable and the items are pretty cool.

To be fair , we didn't have unify colors or hide head slot for months and i have only ever used unify colors twice maybe on 13 characters. So i believe you need to calm down , they aren't needed at all , don't worry yourself.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

I know. I've been playing since day 1. The unify color was something that had been in beta, something with it didn't work as well as it could from the developers stand point. When the game launched, those that were in beta were constantly asking and requesting that it get put back into the game quickly because they liked it that much.

What I am saying is that things like this, the hiding head slot, buying quick slot bars, are nickle and dimming customers and I believe that it will back fire on Bioware.

after reading the whole post about this cartel market on the pts its kind of a contradiction in terms of service ect. those of us who use or play on the public test server are subscribers already. we should be allowed to keep any items, races ect after the 1.5 update goes live on the actual servers. i'm sure many of us me included are planning on keeping our sbscriptions active. so why should we be penalized for something that we are already paying for? i understand that the pts is for testing out new patches or upcoming game content but anything we purchase or use we should be able to keep if that makes any snese at all.