GSF: Strike night

MaximilianPower

In the spirit of Nemarus' post here - I propose a similar experiment on JC. One night a week, let's get as many strikes into the sky as possible. No bombers, no lolships, no FOTM T2 scouts running BLCs and clusters...just good old-fashioned X-wing style strike fighters. Any flavor, any loadout, but just strikes.

As Nemarus notes in his post, there will of course be plenty of folks who won't participate out of ignorance or disdain, but let's give it a shot anyway.

Again, like Nemarus, I suggest Monday, May 26, from 5pm to 1am EST as Strike Night #1.

Who's in?

Count me Max.

Just need to know which side are we going to be assigned to, imp or pub.

Pub side I have a mastered strike but imp side not so much LOL.

Cool. Well, at least there will be two of us. I'll start mentioning it in game today. Spread the word if you can.

Anyway - I typically fly imp (Zuckerkorn & Bøbløblaw) but I've been playing more pub recently (mostly on TøbiasFünke). So I plan to do this on both factions. Between all three GSF alts, I have only one mastered strike, and that's the one I'll probably keep in the hangar.

I just think it could be an interesting/fun experiment, and a chance to branch out a little without getting ion'ed or mined to pieces. I'm guessing most GSFers don't have mastered strikes anyway - so I won't be too far behind the curve flying my half-upgraded ships.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Excellent idea, i will be there if time permits. Always wanted to do these type of matches :cool:

Glad to see you're in, BD. For that one night, I won't be burdened with the maddening task of desperately trying to dislodge you from beneath a node.

Earlier today I started spamming this in pre-game chat: "PTI, just a PSA here: please join us on Intergalactic Strike Night, Monday, May 26, from 5pm to 1am EST - ALL strike fighters, all the time. No bombers, no lolships, no battlescouts...just good old-fashioned x-wing style SFs." Got some mild interest. It's a start.

Eh Strikes are my least favorite ship, but why not, I'll participate.

Cool. Yeah, same, strikes are generally at the bottom of my list of preferred ships...but I think this could be fun if we get enough folks participating. The playing field will be leveled a bit, and strategy will most definitely change. If nothing else, it would be a change of pace.

This was fun. I found participation a bit limited early. But when I came back later, about half the pilots were in strikes. I would suggest that those that want to participate remove ships that are not strikes from their bar. There were a couple of domination games where people would start out in strikes and switch to bombers or gunships when their team started to lose, which only causes more people to switch. If you remove those ships from the bar, you won’t be tempted by them.

I didn't have a chance to play at all last night, how did this go?

Not well. I kept spamming my Strike Night message on pre-match chat, but few folks switched ships. However, based on this:

This was fun. I found participation a bit limited early. But when I came back later, about half the pilots were in strikes. I would suggest that those that want to participate remove ships that are not strikes from their bar. There were a couple of domination games where people would start out in strikes and switch to bombers or gunships when their team started to lose, which only causes more people to switch. If you remove those ships from the bar, you won’t be tempted by them.

...maybe I didn't play long enough? I was on from around 10pm ET to about 12:30, and while there were more strikes than usual, it definitely seemed like the majority of pilots either didn't get the memo or simply didn't care.

@Odacervicix - re: removing the "tempting" non-strikes from my bar...that's exactly what I did.