1: SI

2: BH

3: IA

4: SM

5: JK

6: SW

7: TR

8: JC

As you can see, quite a few ties so far, but I've only gotten SI and BH through Chapter 3, the rest are still Chapter 1 somewhere.

IA starts out the best, but SI and BH have personal moments that just get you sucked in imo.

I cared about Mako and Torian. I wanted to bring down Blood. I do think they could of done more to have you care more about the betrayal in the beginning from Blood sneaking in and killing your team. IF they did that, I think BH storyline would be much more well recieved.

IA may move to #1 spot when I get up higher in levels. But so far, Trooper and JC do feel the most let down for me. With JK and SW being good, but I just prefere the more personal stories, which I think IA, SI, BH, SM are.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my Inquisitor through 3 the other night. First character I've taken up that far, so I can't rightfully speak about other storylines, save my Warrior which is up to Voss so far.

What I really loved about the Inquisitor's storyline is how much it made you feel like you and your companions were going on this grand adventure throughout the galaxy. The inquisitor's story is very much removed from some of the larger events in the overall plot, but it is exactly because of this that you feel compelled to become a part of these larger events and move up the Sith food chain, so to speak. I was legitimately invested in my plot, going from just surviving to my ultimate goal

of taking the Empire over, and providing rational, stable leadership so it wouldn't ultimately collapse under the weight of it's backstabbing treacherous ways. And the story did an excellent job of going from seeing Thanaton as that cool guy from the comic to genuinely hating him as my enemy and wanting him dead.

What I'm getting at here, that I haven't felt so much with other characters yet, is that the Inquisitor's journey to me really felt like a group effort. Not only did I have servants and a power base by the end of it, but I felt genuinely attached to each member of the crew.

My personal ranking of what I have played so far:

1: Sith Warrior : I love this story so much, that despite finishing my second two days ago. I have plans to make a third very soon. That is how much I love this story! It totally grabbed my attention, held on the entire 50 levels, AND made me think about how I'm playing my character.

2. Bounty Hunter: Again, something I plan to play a second time in the future. I just completely loved the story. It had all of the action, story, and twist and turns I wanted. After I my crew started filling up I really felt it was a "we're in this together" thing. Kind of like one big crazy family. I can't wait to play again! Just let me get rid of Skadge and I'm happy.

5. Sith Inquisitor: (Just started Chapter 3) Great story!! While I could see the twists and turns coming I agree with others. This is one of the rare stories where you, and your crew, are in this together. Plus, after my SI was finally able to trust again. She has ended up trusting everyone on her crew.

3. Imperial Agent: I would easily rank this as first if Chapter One wasn't so for me boring. It took me quite a bit of time to finish Chapter One but what a crazy ride!

4. Smugger: I haven't completed this story, yet. But I'm playing her based on who her parents are (Andronikos and my SI) so playing a character that isn't all For the Republic! Who is stuck in Republic space, and so on, Is fun and annoys Corso to no end. I have to say, I do wish romantic options could meet the parents. I would LOVE to see Corso meet Andronikos and Sopheina just for laughs.

1) Imperial Agent. The storyline is the easiest one to become invested in. Most classes have some low points, but with the agent each section is equally exciting. I also like how the end of each act has some impact on the next and the storyling gives a unique perspective on the universe. Lastly, the agent has the widest variety of ending choices; the fact all of them are logical is even better.

2) Sith Warrior. This class does a great jobe at making you feel like a Sith. The prologue and act I do great jobs at getting the player into the role. The first act has one of my favorite conclusions in the game and it posses some great characters. Lastly, the final antogonist is perfect and is developed sufficiently to get the player invested in winning.

3)The Jedi Knight. This one is actually interchangeable with the warrior. This class did have cliche elements, but that was to be expected considerig how the class was marketed as filling a Luke Skywalker role. The story is successful at fuffling this end. While the story starts slow all of the acts have great scenes and the last to were exciting and fitting for the class. Also, this class has my favorite companion character.

4) Jedi Consular. This story is typically disliked, but I felt like it was good overall. Act I was repetitive and wasn't spectacular, but I still found it enjoyable. Act II was alright, but Balmora was really well done and makes the act very enjoyable. I did feel like Act III was very well done; especially Corellia.

5) Trooper. The story was fun and enjoyable through all of the acts, but none were spectacular. I was easily invested in the storyline for the first act. Act II did have a great moment (the finale) and the missions were very fiiting. I did like act III, but there was nothing that made it stand out, amongst the rest. The ending for the class quest was anti-climatic, but I feel that it was fitting.

6) Smuggler. Act I was amazing; it was a well done self contained story and very fititng for the class. This act contained very good character interactions. Sadly the last two aren't as good. While the planets in Act II were enjoyable individaully; there wasn't much of a unified plotline. Also, its conclusion, while fun, felt sort of disconnected. Act 3 improved slightly, but the plot wasn't as well developed as it should've been. I really enjoyed the smuggler's companions and the story was filled with good dialogue.

7)The Inquisitor. This story did not fit the class. It did have an enjoyable prologue and Act I was fitting. While it was repetitive it made sense that an apprentice would do missions like this. The last acts are where this story suffers. The main antagonist comes out of left field and, considering previous dialogue, the conflict didn't make sense give my characters personality. The rest of the story felt needlessly repetitive; Act II was a series of fetch quests, followed by a failure, then two more similar missions dealing with the effects of the missions in the previous act. In addition, this character does not come across as an intelligent and calculating Sith, wihich doesn't make for an interesting protagonist.

8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to waht's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.

So far I've finished the stories for 4 characters, Warrior, Inquisitor x 2 and Trooper) currently working on Agent, Consular and Smuggler.

Out of the 3 Stories I've played through I have to say Inquisitor is my favorite by far, though I'm a bit biased with that because Khem Val is my favorite companion and I find his quest line very compelling and decently thought out. I've read a few of these "Best Story" threads and find that a lot of people would disagree with my opinion that the inquisitor story is one of the best and often describe it as cliche, etc, etc.

In a way I agree and disagree with them, yes rising to power from being a slave is a bit typical but looking into things further on as the story goes, you see how the character can actually suffer from acquiring too much power.

(Possible Major Spoilers ahead!)

At the end of act one we see the character being faced by Thanaton after his/her confrontation with Zash and learning the ability to force-walk, acquiring different ghosts along our journey to gain more power, yet at the end of act two we find out that because of acquiring so much power so quickly our body and mind are ravaged, the former having to be rebuilt entirely.

The way they implemented it, although we don't actually get affected by it gameplay wise makes me think that yes, the character may gain power, but at quite a large price.

Warrior's coming in at a close second though, as the plot twists and companions in that story were really great, and I'm thinking about playing it through again.

I don't see why the Consular story gets so much hate, I'm only up to act two but so far I'm enjoying it, don't know if it could be because I'm playing as a light side Sith Pureblood and the species sort of sticks out, but I like it and think that it actually fits quite well. :D

Just my two cents.

3)The Jedi Knight. This one is actually interchangeable with the warrior. This class did have cliche elements, but that was to be expected considerig how the class was marketed as filling a Luke Skywalker role. The story is successful at fuffling this end. While the story starts slow all of the acts have great scenes and the last to were exciting and fitting for the class. Also, this class has my favorite companion character.
Agreed. JK is basically a star wars movie that never happened.

8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to what's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.
Personally, the point of the BH story is to show that while allied with the empire, you still do your own thing. They did make a point to show that you're no one's lapdog.

The ending cinematic with you and your crew flying away as the empire and the republic kill each other is all the imagery you need to drive that point home.

• 2 weeks later...

8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to waht's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.

Wait till u end ACT 2 my friend! Things get really really interesting! :D

These are the only ones I have played so For me:

1: Sith Warrior! Pure hatred/immortal/carnage Awesomeness! Played twice, Jugg. Tank and Mara. DPS!

2: Jedi Knight! Loved the story and playing the Luke Skywalker type hero guy! 2nd run ongoing!

3: Bounty Hunter! Love the Hunt! Gets really intense at the end of act 2! Mercenary and Powertech!

4: Sith Inquisitor! Its all about you here!

5: Trooper! Enjoyed the story of a regular soldier defending and fighting against the Empire!

Might start a Smuggler!

Edited by bilalkhan

Consular storyline is good, but it is marred by the character of the consular himself.

So very much this. I actually find the story interesting, but I stopped playing my Consular because I despise the character. The Consular dialogue comes across far as less as 'wise counselor and teacher.' and far more as 'pompous ***'. And the voice acting doesn't help at all.

That said, of the classes I've actually played to fair degree, I'd say IA at the top followed by Smuggler.

I played a Trooper, but I couldn't really get into it. For me it doesn't have the personal touch that makes the Smuggler fun in spite of not really being involved in the greater events of the Galaxy, nor does it have the 'behind the scenes mover trying to keep the galaxy in one piece in spite of all the crazies." feel of the IA. You're just a grunt doing grunt things, which I don't find terribly exciting.

To be quite honest I thought the JC storyline was pretty good. I think since people generally prefer 'direct involvement' over a 'behind the scenes' approach, which the Consular story is oriented by, is why most regard it as one of the worst stories. I feel the Consular finale has a larger, more positive impact on the overall war. Example.

Jedi Knight ending - You kill the emperor:

Aftermath - The Republic celebrates this symbolic victory against the Empire, believing that this will mark the downfall of the Sith. However, this is short lived because Darth Malgus uses this occurrence to stage a coup and creates a splinter faction that several Republic leaders believed that, if not stopped, would be a greater threat than the Emperor's armies. Oh, and lets not forget, you didn't actually kill the emperor. Sorry, all you really did was create a bigger threat (Malgus' coup)

Jedi Consular ending - You defeat the First Son

Aftermath - The Emperor's Children was one of the Emperor's greatest weapons of espionage in his arsenal. These Children infiltrated nearly every level of infrastructure in the Republic and were 'inactive' waiting for the Emperor's command to strike. If that were to occur, the Republic would have been decimated. The First Son was the only shield that kept these Children out of the Republic (and Jedi's) sight. By taking him out, you unveiled the Emperor's most powerful infiltrators and essentially saved the Republic from near-certain destruction.

When you put these 2 endings side by side, which one really seems be more beneficial to the Republic?

This isn't to put down the JKs story. I still believe it was good.

To be quite honest I thought the JC storyline was pretty good. I think since people generally prefer 'direct involvement' over a 'behind the scenes' approach, which the Consular story is oriented by, is why most regard it as one of the worst stories. I feel the Consular finale has a larger, more positive impact on the overall war. Example.

Aftermath - The Republic celebrates this symbolic victory against the Empire, believing that this will mark the downfall of the Sith. However, this is short lived because Darth Malgus uses this occurrence to stage a coup and creates a splinter faction that several Republic leaders believed that, if not stopped, would be a greater threat than the Emperor's armies. Oh, and lets not forget, you didn't actually kill the emperor. Sorry, all you really did was create a bigger threat (Malgus' coup)

Aftermath - The Emperor's Children was one of the Emperor's greatest weapons of espionage in his arsenal. These Children infiltrated nearly every level of infrastructure in the Republic and were 'inactive' waiting for the Emperor's command to strike. If that were to occur, the Republic would have been decimated. The First Son was the only shield that kept these Children out of the Republic (and Jedi's) sight. By taking him out, you unveiled the Emperor's most powerful infiltrators and essentially saved the Republic from near-certain destruction.

When you put these 2 endings side by side, which one really seems be more beneficial to the Republic?

You forgot one of the benefits of the JK's ending.

It is revealed, in a Kira side quest, that the JK's defeat of the Emperor had the side effect of basically causing every single Child of the Emperor who hadn't been freed from that status had begun to hear countless conflicting voices causing them to pretty much become incapable of functioning, especially as infiltrators.....making the JC's ending basically pointless in view of the Emperor's defeat. :p

I have played most of the Imperial classes to level 20 or above. I found that my Inquisitor and Warrior were very interesting, the Bounty Hunter was a bit of a Duke-nukem. (Its time to be a jerk and kick butt. rinse repeat) My Imperial Agent was just plain cool. He had some interesting light side/ darkside choices.

:rak_03:

You forgot one of the benefits of the JK's ending.

It is revealed, in a Kira side quest, that the JK's defeat of the Emperor had the side effect of basically causing every single Child of the Emperor who hadn't been freed from that status had begun to hear countless conflicting voices causing them to pretty much become incapable of functioning, especially as infiltrators.....making the JC's ending basically pointless in view of the Emperor's defeat. :p

There is one arguable counter to that statement

The Jedi Knight storyline, and their companions' side quests, revolve around the belief that the Emperor is truly dead. If the Emperor really died, what you say would be fully plausible. But he's not dead, only weakened. When he regains his strength, his control over his Children will return; making them fully capable of functioning again. It can be argued that the Emperor's 'death' would be considered just a temporary disabling, not fully eliminating, the Children.

Since Kira talks about the Children after Chapter 3 ends, it's arguable that the JC story ends after the JK story. So while the JK ending affected the Children, removing the First Son was still essential.

Not to mention the Consular's job; diplomacy. The Knight is likened to Obi-Wan or Luke. But the Consular's counterpart is Leia.

In the first act, the plague-addled Masters are seeded on strategic (but neutral) worlds. Under the plague's influence, they are exploting volitile local situations like gang wars, cults (Nar Shaddaa), inter-familiy feuds among Alderaan's ruling houses, and hostile natives (Rakghouls and Sand People) . Without the Consular's intervention, the situations would figuratively or literally go nuclear. Alderaan would lapse further into civil war. The Republic's symbolic attempt to rebuild Taris would end in flames (it still ends in a mutual retreat where neither side wins). The Hutt Cartel would declare war with the Republic, forcing the Republic into a two-front battle when they're already on the ropes. And the Repubic settlements/bases on Tatooine would have been wiped out by Sand People (and no one would know of the Sith's involvement).

In the second act, the Consular is given a job to convince a group of neutral worlds (The Rift Alliance) to ally with the Republic. You stage a freakin COUP on Balmorra that puts in Republic-allied leadership and hands the biggest arms and droids factories in the galaxy to the Republic side. There's a Selkath aboard your ship - Manaan is still neutral, kolto is still being used, and remember how important they were in the first game? Top it off with saving their best research facility, rescuing the monarchs of Grell's people (and getting some of their soldiers added to your fleet), clearing their shipping lanes of White Maw pirates so they can trade with the Republic, and then recruiting not only an army of folks the Rakata were scared to mess with, but scoring massive points on Voss by not only being a newly-minted Mystic's honor guard (and adding his considerable entourage to your army), but fulfiling a prophesy that stands to reunite the Voss and Gormak, ending centuries of mutual genocidal warfare.

By the time you truck into Corellia, you have a massive convoy in tow. They're loyal to YOU, not the Republic. You just happen to be the Chancellor's recruiter. The Knight says he needs an army and the Consular can say "Brother, how big of one do you need?" Top it off with taking out Darth Cthulu's private spy network, and it's hard not to feel a little awesome about your contribitions. Sure, you're not the one that's going to have their life made into a holofilm, but you did all those little things that matter in the long term.

But the Consular's counterpart is Leia.

I am now tempted to make a Consular modeled on Leia, cinnamon bun hairdo and all.

I might even make it through the Consular storyline this time, because the voice acting for the female Consular doesn't make me want to reach through my screen and punch the character every time they talk.

Done 2 stories so far, trooper and IA.

Trooper well, felt like i was the posterboy for the republic, though i did get to go into the mud and blood of the enemy.

IA, felt like Ian Fleming couldn't of done it better. I really felt like i was working in the shadows against a kaleidoscope of enemies. And the fact I could pick my own destiny felt amazing instead of just being forced into the Trooper mold, just depending on if i was the poster boy of the republic or just a highly paid merc.

So far in the JK quest only in chapter 1 on Tatooine but, just feels so far like a re-hash of KOTOR and Phantom Menace all rolled into 1.

Played a bunch through the smuggler and I felt more like an errand boy than a smuggler.

Got through part of the BH, and feel somewhat like a bounty hunter though it's more i feel like a hit man instead of a bounty hunter.

All and all for what it is worth, IA story I felt like an agent, james bond like. So far, Agent has been the best, though i eventually want to do them all.

So very much this. I actually find the story interesting, but I stopped playing my Consular because I despise the character. The Consular dialogue comes across far as less as 'wise counselor and teacher.' and far more as 'pompous ***'. And the voice acting doesn't help at all.

Um no. They got Nolan North, aka Nathan Drake, aka the greatest voice actor ever, to play the jedi consular, who's got the best storyline in the game.

Done 2 stories so far, trooper and IA.

Trooper well, felt like i was the posterboy for the republic, though i did get to go into the mud and blood of the enemy.

IA, felt like Ian Fleming couldn't of done it better. I really felt like i was working in the shadows against a kaleidoscope of enemies. And the fact I could pick my own destiny felt amazing instead of just being forced into the Trooper mold, just depending on if i was the poster boy of the republic or just a highly paid merc.

So far in the JK quest only in chapter 1 on Tatooine but, just feels so far like a re-hash of KOTOR and Phantom Menace all rolled into 1.

Played a bunch through the smuggler and I felt more like an errand boy than a smuggler.

Got through part of the BH, and feel somewhat like a bounty hunter though it's more i feel like a hit man instead of a bounty hunter.

All and all for what it is worth, IA story I felt like an agent, james bond like. So far, Agent has been the best, though i eventually want to do them all.

I think that's because they skipped over a lot of the contracts that go into taking a bounty. They get mentioned, but only a few scenes from what I saw, and there's much more hit man style dialogue.

Also doesn't help that the general quests feel about the same for everyone, which doesn't help the Bounty Hunter feeling at all. :/

• 1 year later...

I loved my Smuggler, but for Class story, JK, for Story, Smuggler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mess with one of us,

You get a warning.

You mess with two of us,

We hunt you.

You mess with Me,

I find you, then I kill you.

-CAZALEN WOLFEN

I will admit I haven't played all the way through with any class other than my Inquisitor but I have gone part way through some of all of them and I have to say I couldn't really stand any of the others except perhaps smuggler; mostly for the one liners which were pretty good. Personally I loved the Inquisitor story up until the afterward part.

minor spoiler

So I'm on the Dark Council and I still feel like I'm the freaking errand boy every time there is a problem, Corellia Black Hole, Belsavis Section X, the Dread Masters plot, Malgus rebellion, Makeb, Seeker Droids, and The Shroud .Every freaking time man, Marr, Moff can't remember name right now, General whoever, or even the other council members (why is Marr the only persons name I can remember?) calls you and basically gives you orders, it might make sense if my duties included the military in some respect but I'm in charge of the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge not Military Offense, Defense of the Empire, or Military Strategy so why do I get all the "Help us Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius. Your our only Hope." calls?

I will admit I haven't played all the way through with any class other than my Inquisitor but I have gone part way through some of all of them and I have to say I couldn't really stand any of the others except perhaps smuggler; mostly for the one liners which were pretty good. Personally I loved the Inquisitor story up until the afterward part.

minor spoiler

So I'm on the Dark Council and I still feel like I'm the freaking errand boy every time there is a problem, Corellia Black Hole, Belsavis Section X, the Dread Masters plot, Malgus rebellion, Makeb, Seeker Droids, and The Shroud .Every freaking time man, Marr, Moff can't remember name right now, General whoever, or even the other council members (why is Marr the only persons name I can remember?) calls you and basically gives you orders, it might make sense if my duties included the military in some respect but I'm in charge of the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge not Military Offense, Defense of the Empire, or Military Strategy so why do I get all the "Help us Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius. Your our only Hope." calls?

Use spoilers for the god's sake! They exist for a reason!

• 3 weeks later...