Biochem extended profitability

Ronamo

EDIT: I completely glossed over the Biochem (LVL) requirements of the reusable items. Much thanks for pointing this out, as it negates my points below!

I would like to suggest that Biochem lacks extended profitability and is ultimately self-defeating as a moneymaking craft.

As a crafting profession that produces consumables primarily, it is to be expected that more than one of those consumables would be required to sustain their effects, allowing Biochemists to craft and sell their wares with some sort of regularity. The epic reverse-engineers of these items completely nullify the idea of a consumable though, as they are not consumed on use, with an unlimited number of charges, and do not bind on pickup.

This ultimately creates a finite number of stims and medpacs which can be sold to a finite audience, with a group of suppliers which is technically finite, but practically infinite. The issue of these being non-binding further reduces the already finite number of sales opportunities, as their is nothing stopping a player (other than a buggy mail system) from sharing one reusable consumable among all of their same-faction characters on a particular server.

In order for the crafting skill to be a sustainable moneymaker, the absolute minimum needed change would be to create a set number of charges on Reusable consumables. Binding on use would further alleviate the issue.

If the crafting skill is not intended to be a source of income, it is relegated to a time consuming and expensive -- though not insurmountable -- grind to level the skill merely for the stat buffs from the Rakata Stims.

Edited by Ronamo

Actually, Biochem has incredible potential for profit, because raiders who do not use Biochem themselves will always need stims and adrenals. They're the flasks and short-duration potions that raiding requires. I don't know why you're focusing on the reusable aspect when the only people it applies to are those who have Biochem in the first place.

If everyone who cares about min/maxxing doesn't end up switching to biochem (LOL) then you will make **** tons of money off of them because they don't get the option of having reusable buff packs and adrenals and will therefore have to spend tons of money to get the consumed versions.