Need some help with tanking stats while leveling

gkshow

Hello all,

Yesterday I swapped to the "core" of the hybrid (23/0/18) tank built. I'm at 23/0/0 atm.

I changed some of the item modifications I have to +def, absorbtion but left most of them as is as they were giving more end.

Currently at my level (32) my stats are at this:

6k health

3k armor

30% dmg reduction

17% def

20% shield chance

24% shield absorp (without dark ward)

Is this enough to tank regular FPs?

I am working on getting the level 40 tanking gear but that's going to be a few levels away.

Also, while leveling with this spec, should I use a shield and dark charge or use focus and lightning charge?

Thanks for all the help1 :)

dmg reduction seem a bit low but you should be ok tanking fp a few levels below you

but if you are serious about tanking i suggest to go for a more darkness heavy build (27 or even better 31)

to level in tank mode i suggest to use ash or andro till you get talos... ofc you can try to level up in dps mode and khem but you will need dps gear or your dps will be quite low

Edited by Zilod

While leveling Stam > Def > Shield Chance > Shield Absorb should be your priority for defensive stats. Does not hurt to have some crit too. I would not worry about even looking at willpower, that will just come on your end gear.

Also Dark ward effects shield chance not absorb. So you should essentially have 35% shield chance if you keep ward up.

6k health does seem low. by like 35 I was rockng 10k HP in tankasin build.

Edited by WutsInAName

you can level as a tank just fine, also the ability to self heal with lightnings is pretty nice to have both in pve and pvp

about the equip... when i leveled mine there where not good igems on the market now is easier to find good stuff at decent price... if you have lot of money go for them if not commendations work just fine.