DOTS on zorn toth

If you are in within 25 yards youll get the debuff that will kill you, the trick is to always be 25+ yards away and you will never ever get that debuff. Takes some doin both from tanks and dps but its quite easy if your just aware of it.

If you are in within 25 yards youll get the debuff that will kill you, the trick is to always be 25+ yards away and you will never ever get that debuff. Takes some doin both from tanks and dps but its quite easy if your just aware of it.

25 yards is how many meters in game? ;)

Check your target frame, it actually shows you the distance you are from your target. As ranged dps/heal on this fight you need to constantly be negotiating your distance from the boss on your side..especially when toth jumps and the tanks are swapping.

Once you can learn how to avoid the bulk of the dmg, you can focus more on pumping out the dps. Then you will see how quickly you can drop them.

This is simply not true. I play a sorc hybrid build using affliction and crushing darkness. I kept getting the fearful debuff at 30+ meters. We started thinking it has something to do with dots. So when the right mob gets to 92%, 72%, 52%, etc I stopped dotting. Didn't get the debuff after that at 28+ meters. We we're also thinking that it may not be the distance from the boss you are dps'ing, but maybe where the other one lands. Either way, I am 100% sure you can still be hit with fearful at 25+ meters, just not 100% sure why. I completely stopped dps'ing and stepped back to test it, a couple of times.

This is simply not true. I play a sorc hybrid build using affliction and crushing darkness. I kept getting the fearful debuff at 30+ meters. We started thinking it has something to do with dots. So when the right mob gets to 92%, 72%, 52%, etc I stopped dotting. Didn't get the debuff after that at 28+ meters. We we're also thinking that it may not be the distance from the boss you are dps'ing, but maybe where the other one lands. Either way, I am 100% sure you can still be hit with fearful at 25+ meters, just not 100% sure why. I completely stopped dps'ing and stepped back to test it, a couple of times.

I am a DF smuggler and I continually DPS both adds and haven't gotten the debuff or dot since my first attempt. You need to out range both of them. ie. be 25m or more away at ALL times. Stopping DPS might be fine for HM. but when nightmare rolls out you wont have the chance to NOT dps b/c you WILL hit enrage.

i wana add on to this, if you're dpsing zorn, your distance from him isn't what solely determines if you get fearful. The fearful aoe seems to spread from where toth lands when he jumps over, so being 30m from zorn won't absolutely mean you'll be 30m from the impact of the jump. I've only healed this fight so I might not be 100% accurate but this seems to be what I've seen. What I've noticed some of our DPS do is actually move back out of range completely right before the jump happens.