Maintenance: 9 April 2015

EricMusco

• Dev Post

All servers will be unavailable on April 9th while we apply Game Update 3.1.2a.

Date: Thursday, April 9th, 2015

Time: 5:00AM PST (12:00 GMT) - 7:00AM PST (14:00 GMT)

Version: 3.1.2a

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by NickAvola

Hey Eric,

This is an EXPLOIT that needs to be removed from the game so why is the patch being delayed over 12 hours & not being implemented ASAP?

Once again exploits are allowed if not encouraged.

Because if they did patch it right now, people would be complaining on the forums that this is ruining their raid, saying "You're letting exploiters ruin my game experience, etc."

low slash fix? will you revert the scores of all those who used low slash back to april 6th? or you just going to leave ranked as it is? :rolleyes:

HAHAHA good one.

The devs are probably huddled around the computer laughing at you're post. As Eric would turn around and say " we are BioWare not Blizzard they are lucky to get the patch tomorrow "

HAHAHA good one.

The devs are probably huddled around the computer laughing at you're post. As Eric would turn around and say " we are BioWare not Blizzard they are lucky to get the patch tomorrow "

you are post

Hey Eric,

This is an EXPLOIT that needs to be removed from the game so why is the patch being delayed over 12 hours & not being implemented ASAP?

Once again exploits are allowed if not encouraged.

Please cry more...seriously. A patch is coming - please take your complaints of an "exploit" elsewhere, preferably another game. They're fixing SOMETHING within 48 hours of it being released, but wow...not quick enough for you?

Enough with the whining and the exploit-hurt and the never happy with anything done in this game. They're communicating. They're doing something. Go read a damn book or go outside...it's a game, it's recreation, it's not LIFE.

Edited by mkwerner

Please cry more...seriously. A patch is coming - please take your complaints of an "exploit" elsewhere, preferably another game. They're fixing SOMETHING within 48 hours of it being released, but wow...not quick enough for you?

Enough with the whining and the exploit-hurt and the never happy with anything done in this game. They're doing something. Go read a damn book or go outside.

He's reasonably annoyed because they have the fix, but aren't putting it up until right in the middle of APAC raids. Again.

Even though they've shown they are happy to do maintenance 2 hours later, for example (see server resets a couple of weeks ago that interfered with no-ones raids)

He's reasonably annoyed because they have the fix, but aren't putting it up until right in the middle of APAC raids. Again.

Even though they've shown they are happy to do maintenance 2 hours later, for example (see server resets a couple of weeks ago that interfered with no-ones raids)

I would buy that if everything in this game wasn't met with such toxic OMG TEH GAME IS BROKZ NERF NAO EXPLOITZZZZ. I know not everyone is like that, but I've seen so much of it lately that it's become ridiculous. My temper came out - my bad. My apologies to APAC.

I would buy that if everything in this game wasn't met with such toxic OMG TEH GAME IS BROKZ NERF NAO EXPLOITZZZZ. I know not everyone is like that, but I've seen so much of it lately that it's become ridiculous. My temper came out - my bad. My apologies to APAC.
and just how is it you know they have a fix in place already?

There are ALWAYS raids going on, and server downtime will ALWAYS effect someone. It's just that some people whine about it and others realize that it's sometimes unavoidable and that it's not the end of the world, so they roll with it and don't complain about it on the forums for everyone to see.

well its about the tenth time since 3.0 we've had to deal with this, so him exploding about the exploit reason was just his temper getting the better of him. He's one of my guildies and I don't think i've ever seen him PvP anyway. He was just looking for an angle to try preserve raid night

Because they have stated multiple times that maintenance isn't announced until a patch is ready

Edited by TACeMossie

All servers will be unavailable on April 9th while we apply Game Update 3.1.2a.

Date: Thursday, April 9th, 2015

Time: 5:00AM PST (12:00 GMT) - 7:00AM PST (14:00 GMT)

Version: 3.1.2a

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Well...they're fixing something or doing something. One could surmise it has to do with the low slash bug, but maybe it's something else. I don't know nor do I care. But to ream the Community Rep (or whatever Musco's title is) over something he has no control over AND claim exploit is a bit ridiculous. They moved quick on this one, so kudos to them.

well its about the tenth time since 3.0 we've had to deal with this, so him exploding about the exploit reason was just his temper getting the better of him.

Fair enough, exploit could have been left out though. I think that's what made me mad.

Edited by mkwerner

well its about the tenth time since 3.0 we've had to deal with this,

Then perhaps you should pick a better raid time? Perhaps some time you know they don't do patches? If you choose to raid during the exact time they always do patches, you're going to have to deal with it.

Then perhaps you should pick a better raid time? Perhaps some time you know they don't do patches? If you choose to raid during the exact time they always do patches, you're going to have to deal with it.

Have you not read the rest of the thread? Im sure we can all accommodate raiding at 5pm before maint when everyone's still at work or at 1am afterwards when everyone's in bed.

Even by announcing the immediate fix, someone would find something to complain...

Nothing new, really. Kinda universal in any forum. Devs could give everyone a million dollars, no strings attached, and people would complain because it's not in small bills.