Emperor and Palpatine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the same guy who had need of numerous other Sith to perform a ritual to drain the life from a planet? Didn't it take less time from Bane to Sidious to overthrow the Jedi Order which was stronger in Sidious' time? Did the Emperor even topple the Jedi Order? Sidious did. Sidious was so normal that the Force birthed a child to bring balance after he and his master announced themselves.

It was Darth Vader who slaughtered the Jedi Order, with his clones, not Sidious. He simply gave the command. And yes, Lord Vitiate's minions have had the Jedi Order on their knees plenty of times. Take Revan and Malak for an instance, or just follow the Jedi Knight's and Consular's storyline in SWTOR. He's been very close several times.

It was Darth Vader who slaughtered the Jedi Order, with his clones, not Sidious. He simply gave the command. And yes, Lord Vitiate's minions have had the Jedi Order on their knees plenty of times. Take Revan and Malak for an instance, or just follow the Jedi Knight's and Consular's storyline in SWTOR. He's been very close several times.

But never accomplished it, and while Sidious didn't directly kill all the jedi he did so indirectly by giving the order.

Palpatine fanboys should read up on lore. The Emperor was the herald of the "void", so to speak, the ultimate nothingness. His call was so consume the gallaxy and turn it into nothing. Sidious was still a normal sith, performing dark side rituals. Lord Sidious is insignificant next to The Emperor, and I will firmly believe this untill someone can prove that the dark side is stronger than "void".

I can do this too. Sidious became the"nexus of the dark side" towards the end, that is ridiculously strong amounts of dark side power residing in a person when the typical nexus was usually a location. He literally was creating his own Force techniques and powers out of thin air at the end.

I guess it comes down to what is more ominous and scary to an individual. The Void is nothingness, Vitiate destroys or uncreates the galaxy in a blink of an eye and it's over;life is gone and it sucks,especially losing self awareness,the essence that makes you, 'you".

Sidious can torture you to the brink of death for years and years,he finally gets bored and allows you to die and just before the lights go out you thank the Force that the pain is finally at an end;then Sidious resurrects you because he just had an idea for new and entertaining ways of torturing you. Rinse and repeat.

I get that people don't like Sidious, he doesn't even crack my Top Five in terms of my favorite Sith Lords,but there really is no arguing the fact that Sidious is infinitely more power than Vitiate. BW may add in some of the signature writing and beef Vitiate up and make him approach the level of power and control over the Dark Side that Sidious had but from what we have seen from Vitiate so far doesn't come close to Sidious.

Edited by Temeluchus

But never accomplished it, and while Sidious didn't directly kill all the jedi he did so indirectly by giving the order.

Which essentially any chancellor could've done ^^. Eventhough he might have manipulated some of his "subjects" with the force in order to be more... convincing.

Which essentially any chancellor could've done ^^. Eventhough he might have manipulated some of his "subjects" with the force in order to be more... convincing.

Yes.....and Yoda and Obi-Wan would have been summarily dealt with. Those Chancellors must be great warriors.

So you're comparing a knockdown to a knockout? Interesting. Sidious actually disposses of the Order but here you are saying Vitiate brought the Order to it's knees. Also keep in mind as you have pointed out, it was Sidious & Vader, Vitiate had a host of other powerful Force-users and still could not do with Sidious and Vader did. Close and a done deal are quite different. Say it, Sidious accomplished what Vitiate did not. I do recall Sidious taking on 4 of the best duelists in the Order, beating Yoda, and taking out his own master. It's not like he could not get the job done using his powers.

Edited by LordQordisz

Taking Revan and Malak for an instance, I don't think I saw the emperor with them slaughtering countless people. You basically undid yourself saying that since Darth Vader and Revan/Malak are basicacly the same case. So that means that if Darth Sid wasn't doing anything it means the Emperor wasn't either.

Some very good arguments are being made here. Hands down though, I have to give to Palps/Sidious for doing

the one thing that Sith have attempted to do over and over again since the great Jedi schism, and that is destroy

the Jedi Order. Not only destroy the Order, but also take over the universe. No Sith until Darth Sidious was able

to do this. Did he have help? Of course, he is one person managing a whole galaxy. But he did it nonetheless.

And he did it from within under the eyes of some of the Order's wisest and strongest masters including Yoda,

Mace Windu and many of the other Council members some who were very close to him according to the EU.

The Emperor was strong, but

he was slain by a lone Jedi and his Padawan. Palpatine was taken down

by Vader only after his attention was focused on Luke. Even the 2nd time he was taken down by Luke, Lukes own

powers had grown substantially

Sidious would have continued growing in power until no one could have taken him on and this is only after 20+

years in power whereas Vitiate was in power fo at least 1000+ years.