Assassin ability not in game with RoTHC

ShadowMudkip

In this wonderful E3 video released in the summer of 2012, we see from 0:40 to 0:43 an an assassin/shadow using spinning sabers. This ability is already in game, NPC characters can use it given they are programmed with it. Why did we get phase walk, when we should have gotten this? Marauders and Sentinels got an offensive ability, why dont we get a decent aoe? :mad::mad:

You'd honestly want that over phase walk? Phase walk can be utilized in some pretty amazing ways. Do you not like phase walk, or is it that you just want whatever that was. Not trying to poke at you, opinions are all valid ^^. Just curious because IMO phase walk is pretty sweet. It allows me to do things in wz's or ops that I never could and make some situations pretty fun.

You'd honestly want that over phase walk? Phase walk can be utilized in some pretty amazing ways. Do you not like phase walk, or is it that you just want whatever that was. Not trying to poke at you, opinions are all valid ^^. Just curious because IMO phase walk is pretty sweet. It allows me to do things in wz's or ops that I never could and make some situations pretty fun.

I like phase walk, but outside of pvp, it has no real use to a dps spec. I wouls have especially liked spinning strikes as a deception assassin as our aoe is lacking. I just really liked the animation for it, and would like to see it incorporated soon. Off topic note, but i want to make a female purple twi'leck.

I like phase walk, but outside of pvp, it has no real use to a dps spec. I wouls have especially liked spinning strikes as a deception assassin as our aoe is lacking. I just really liked the animation for it, and would like to see it incorporated soon. Off topic note, but i want to make a female purple twi'leck.

not trying to be rude but deception assassins dont need aoe.... they are a single target burst class. not all classes need good aoe...

That AOE spin is by far the worst move in the game imo...

NPCs that use it all the time... it's pretty laugh worthy... Not to mention no one in real life would ever do that move, and among other things, expose their backs to people...

Prevent it from being interrupted, people would likely stay away if it worked at all like it was originally intended during beta.

It basically had the same properties of the Warrior/Knight's new aura skill only this skill prevents you from moving around. In PVP it would be lols-worthy because people would just stand and what, much like what they do to Sorcs/Consulars right now with their bubble shields.

I have utilized it here and there. I.E. - golden fury - when he starts channeling his pew pee laser beam I keep dpsing while other melee run out. Right before the cast I use phase walk into safety. Another example, the bonus boss in HM cademimu pulls you in you can phase walk out n cast on him until you can go back in. I understand it's not utilized 24/7 in pve but it has it's moments. I rather enjoy it.

P.s - side note, I'm a red(pink from dark side corruption) female twi'lek assassin :)

Edited by XMalfymanX
Addition

Yes, because phasewalk is the most useless ability I've seen.

Slight Edit: As a tank, in PvE. The way it is deployed needs to be changed or the ability needs to be re-made. The heal bonus is useless as it stands, and is only an increase ot self heals.

Edited by Hockaday