Why won`t my companions talk to me ?

Tybie

I have been playing for a little wile now and got 2 toons a lvl 17 Sith Juggernaut just about to leave Dromund Kaas. This toon got Vette as a companion she got 1432 affection and is still wearing the shock collar. So far i have only had the starter conversation with her that you get when leaving the starter planet.

My other toon is a lvl 23 Jedi Guardian he has just arrived at Hutta after finishing the Taris quests. I got T7-01 1352 affection and Kira Carsen with 1779 affection on this toon.

Now with T7-01 i have had 2 conversations so that seems to be working. But with Kira Carsen i got 0.

Now i have tried going both to a Cantina and to my ship to see if a conversation activates. Nothing happens. Is there something els i most do ? Maybe i`m missing some silly little thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i play this game mainly for the story and missing the companion quests/conversations is really frustrating

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Kira should have had her "welcoming dialogue" where she asks you what her job on the ship will be by now. Other than that though she doesn't start talking until you reach a certain point in the story. Generally speaking if your companions aren't talking to you then that means that either a. they need more affection or b. you have reached the farthest point in their conversation chain at this point in their class story(so you should go and advance the story).

ow i was mistaken i have had the conversation with Kira, so are you saying i need to progress my overall story for them to talk to me ? I thought all i had to do was get the required affection and it would automatically trigger.

Vette's collar has a tendency or reappearing on her. So don't be surprised.

As I remeber, at about 500 affection she asks you to remove it and you get your first "private" conversation with her in a cantina. It's weird that you're over 1k and still conversatin-less.

ow i was mistaken i have had the conversation with Kira, so are you saying i need to progress my overall story for them to talk to me ? I thought all i had to do was get the required affection and it would automatically trigger.

A lot of conversations are limited by your position in the story. I've had Kira on my JK maxed out on afection since around hafway through Act 2, and when I moved into Ac3 I suddenly got something like 6 conversations right after each other. With Kira's second conversation, I think you need to get to the point where you learn about her past(and the Council meeting that follows) before she will open up to you. I think that happens after finishing both Taris and Nar Shaddaa. Well the "off world" event that happens following those planets at least.

This is great information i was fearing it was a bug and was considering to wait with playing the game till it was fixed. Now i only need to google and figure out what the i wanna talk to you icon looks like :)

Really this was awesome thank you so much for takeing the time to answer my questions, time to go back to playing :D

its funny i was just about to make a post about this same thing yet my problem is with vette... it says she has a coversation with me on the ship and the icon only stays on for a little whill and when i go to the ship to talk she has no conversation icon im level 23 and she has 1456 affection