Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Lheim

You can use the Emergency Fleet Pass to instantly teleport back to the Republic/Imperial Fleet from anywhere. It's in your skill box in general tab.

And this whole time i been buying them for 1000creds off the security pass vendor

Edited by DarkoDon

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus Target:

1.Hit ESC to bring up the menu.

2.Click the PREFERENCES button.

3.Click the GAME tab at the botton of the PREFERENCES window (you should already be here).

4.Click the Controls option on the left side of the PREFERENCES window.

5.Check the "Enable Focus Target" check-box.

6.Click the KEY BINDINGS tab at the bottom of the PREFERENCES window.

7.Select Targeting option on the left.

8.Find the "Set Focus Target / Swap Focus Target" keybind.

9.Choose a new keybind if you want (I use the + key).

10.Scroll down further until you find the "Focus Target Modifier".

11.Choose a new keybind if you want (I use a mouse button).

Now we're ready to actually use this functionality!

1.Target your companion, or anyone else that you need to heal frequently.

2.Press your "Set Focus Target" keybind.

3.Hold down your "Focus Target Modifier" keybind.

4.You should see that the mouse cursor turns blue.

5.Use a healing ability, and it should now be applied to your Focus target.

The problem here: Focus target modifier is buggy.

If you press the modifier key while the GCD is still active and use a skill, the skill is added to the skill queue and executed after GCD is gone, but the target modifier key will be ignored.

So this means you can't chain skills while using the modifier key. So you have to be extremly careful not to execute your skill too early, otherwise you hit the wrong target.

I am a healer myself and I can't use this functionality because it's to risky. I have to chain my skills and I have to be certain to heal the tank (and not myself).

This issue should be known to BW, because it existed in the beta as well. Guess what, it is still there and a pain in the ***.

Edited by GHeissi

1. If you're going into a convo. that you know will result in a fight, static barrier yourself, timers do not seem to go during conversations, so you will come out of it with your barrier at full no matter how long the conversation is.

2. When you get on your speeder, your companion heals completely (good for outdoor areas).

3. When you dismiss and summon your companion it is healed completely (good for indoor areas).

4. There are comm vendors for all the planets on the fleet in the supply area.

5. You can filter the GTN results by doing a search, adding a filter keyword to the textbox and hitting the small button next to the textbox to do the filter (don't hit "search" button again).

Edited by StrikePrice

Auction House Alt:

Make an alt (I leveled mine to 10 just so they look decent).

Go to the fleet and park them right by the GTN terminals.

Mail everything from your main to this toon you wish to sell on the AH.

Save a huge amount of time traveling.

Auction House Alt:

Make an alt (I leveled mine to 10 just so they look decent).

Go to the fleet and park them right by the GTN terminals.

Mail everything from your main to this toon you wish to sell on the AH.

Save a huge amount of time traveling.

Decent idea but for anyone who wants to use this bear in mind that there is an hour delay in mail. So if you need the cash soon this isn't necessarily the way to go.

I have a problem jumping in this game (especially to get datacrons). Someone told me to do a nice, controlled short jump to hit "w" and the space bar at the same time. It works great for doing things like jumping up on boxes or making a controlled jump from one item to another without falling (no running and guessing when to jump). So to recap:

Controlled short jump = "W" + spcaebar

Maybe you could do this in other games too, but I never needed to be so exact in my jumps in other games, lol.

Decent idea but for anyone who wants to use this bear in mind that there is an hour delay in mail. So if you need the cash soon this isn't necessarily the way to go.

Well, if you need the cash soon, you should just vendor the items.

Could sell on the Auction House instantly, could take a day or 2 to sell.

Its also a 30 minutes delay for mailing credits. Everything else is instant.

If you haven't found it already, you absolutely owe it to yourself to find the "Area Loot" button in your options and click it. When you loot one mob, you loot ALL mobs in the area that are lootable by you. This option, and the fact that you can craft without the materials in your backpack, were two of those things that caused me to think "why didn't anyone else think of this?"

Does each one have its own cooldown, i.e., if I buy 3 then I can teleport back to the fleet 3X/day?

They are all on the same cooldown but unlike the Emergency Fleet Pass ability, these only have a 1hr cooldown (or was it 30min?).

Also in space combat you can just hold down the left mouse button to fire. Though your shields wont regen as long as you are firing so you have to take breaks.

Edited by Vesperascit

You can quickly exit a flashpoint using an icon on the top of your minimap, rather than use a fleet pass or waste a cooldown

You can quickly target your companion (for healing etc) by double tapping F1

OMG you're my hero

Edited by VicSkimmr

You can remove the mods from old orange gear... which leads to the next one...

If you're replacing Orange gear, remember to compare the mods in both pieces to make sure there aren't more appropriate stats in the old gear.

I've had a few times where I had orange tanking upgrades drop that had crit instead of defense, and I was able to just pop out the defense mods and replace them in the new gear to get higher armor, strength and end without sacrificing the defense of an old piece.