Damage broken?

Teabaker

I think it is as intended apparantly the pvp concept of SWOTR is about who nukes who first and got the best gear. You either like or you don't.

I'm killing people as Marauder in 4-5 seconds while getting killed in the same amount of time WITH cloak of pain. Something has to be broken atm.

I am seriously thinking it is as intended.

Now it's probably more mainstream, you don't have to think as much about interrupts and using cds at the correct times. Now it's just use all your best dmg abilities until you get killed.

It's the way most mmo's pvp has gone. For people who like to tweak and think about their playstyle it's ofc a disaster but for the other part it's great.

I am seriously thinking it is as intended.

Now it's probably more mainstream, you don't have to think as much about interrupts and using cds at the correct times. Now it's just use all your best dmg abilities until you get killed.

It's the way most mmo's pvp has gone. For people who like to tweak and think about their playstyle it's ofc a disaster but for the other part it's great.

Na, it can't really be. Before 1.2 the damage wasn't that high. Also the little expertise-change can't make this kind of difference. It's only 3% in the end.

Edited by Teabaker

Na, it can't really be. Before 1.2 the damage wasn't that high. Also the little expertise-change can't make this kind of difference. It's only 3% in the end.

If it was not as intended you would have thought the developers would have come with a statement. A lot of people left because of these issues, and a lot are cheering.

So people who don't like it as it is now left => it was not as intended Bioware tweak it => The remaining ppl who liked the big numbers on dmg gets angry ...

Edited by DasHillBilly

Yeah.. there's got to be something broken behind the scenes.

THe 3% relative damage gain in damage from the expertise change does not equate to kill times that are HALF or even shorter of what they once were.

SOMETHING is screwed up.

This is worse than Vanilla WoW instagibs.. and some classes are immune to it.

As a sniper i pumped a full rotation (with 108/118%% accuracy, because its slathered all over my Battlemaster gear) into a tankasin - and did 4k damage, because 3/4 of my shots got deflected.

He twirls his little light baton for 4k swings and im dead in 4 globals.

I really wanted to like this game, and i really enjoyed PvP pre 1.2

The current PvP -- i wont renew for. Its terrible.

Its like they took two steps forward then got in a car and drove a few thousand miles backwards.

If it was not as intended you would have thought the developers would have come with a statement. A lot of people left because of these issues, and a lot are cheering.

So people who don't like it as it is now left => it was not as intended Bioware tweak it => The remaining ppl who liked the big numbers on dmg gets angry ...

Well, guess that soon a player less with this retarded damage.

Check out the tooltip on Expertise: Everyone is dealing more damage, reducing damage less, and healers are healing people for less. So yep - everyone is dying much faster as a result.

Seems that's what Bioware wants.

check out the tooltip: it is not explaining the huge difference after and before the patch, not even close! beside of this many reported the same issue in <50 bracket and in pve where expertise does not play any rol at all!

check out the tooltip: it is not explaining the huge difference after and before the patch, not even close! beside of this many reported the same issue in <50 bracket and in pve where expertise does not play any rol at all!

Agreed... the difference between mitigation and extra damage is 3-5% depending on expertise levels.

It doesnt explain the giant damage differences im seeing.

My money is on the damage reduction portion just isn't working at all. A 19% increase in damage dealt to me feels...

almost exactly like what happened.

Agreed... the difference between mitigation and extra damage is 3-5% depending on expertise levels.

It doesnt explain the giant damage differences im seeing.

My money is on the damage reduction portion just isn't working at all. A 19% increase in damage dealt to me feels...

almost exactly like what happened.

I tried it in a duel, expertise seems to be working. At least normal and kinetic-damage.

Actually - yeah. After having done several WZs now and looking at the % differences, something definitely seems off. As a tank I'm dying way, way faster than before. As has been said it feels more like that 19% difference rather than just 3-5%, as if you're not even getting the DR at all, but that can't be right. I dunno what's up.

Actually - yeah. After having done several WZs now and looking at the % differences, something definitely seems off. As a tank I'm dying way, way faster than before. As has been said it feels more like that 19% difference rather than just 3-5%, as if you're not even getting the DR at all, but that can't be right. I dunno what's up.

Im a sniper in full Battlemaster - just a hair shy of 950 expertise at the moment (some mods got moved around).

I explode when another DPS gets on me. Sentinels and Marauders, which used to be a tough fight that i could sometimes win, i am n ow dead in 3-5 globals, every single time. They can now blow someone up within the duration of their virtual immunity bubble.

Tankasins/Shadows are similarly unhinged. I cant even hurt them despite my gear being drowned in accuracy, ive been getting chain-deflects left and right. And while thats happening, im getting stomped into the earth.

Im taking WAY more damage than i used to despite having WAY more expertise (as a ratio) than previously (i got my last three BM pieces the day before the patch and day of the patch by having 1000/1000 ready to turn in) and blowing up like a melon if i eve get looked at sideways. Something HAS to be off.

Yep, exactly this. Our DPS-Juggernaut in tankstance is also dying in a couple of GCD

Edited by Teabaker