Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malavai likes Courting gifts, even if your male.

So does Nadia from a woman. Not that my consular would want to even if it was an option. I am just afraid of what I should do in the unlikely case she would take the initiative. Then again, how could she possibly hide an affection from me given... well, it seems unlikely considering the later influence dialogues. You could possibly argue that the player doesn't realize it in self-deceit; not allowing herself to see the thing that should not be. While some guides state otherwise I think most characters who are romance options either way like courting gifts from any character.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

So does Nadia from a woman. Not that my consular would want to even if it was an option. I am just afraid of what I should do in the unlikely case she would take the initiative. Then again, how could she possibly hide an affection from me given... well, it seems unlikely considering the later influence dialogues. While some guides state otherwise I think most characters who are romance options either way like courting gifts from any character.

I know Elara Dorne doesn't unless you are in a romance, but that probably says more about her character than anything

One thing to bear in mind is that the player character always initiates the romance storylines, not the companion character. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has it the other way round in their headcanon, for OGR as well as SGR.[/Quote]

As for this, I have two F/F headcanon right now. My trooper, Kai-lynne I headcanoned to kind of having a GF at this point, A smuggler doing weapons runs for the republic (does not date in-crew), while my Imperial Agent, who happens to be my trooper's ex, is into the casual, one-night-stand scenes.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Doc: Favorite - None. Love - Courting, Luxury. Like - Cultural Artifact, Military Gear, Technology, Trophy, Underworld Goods, Weapon.

Dun dun dun!

(Ok, it's not favourite, but I checked the list and he's the only one who seems to 'Love' courting gifts regardless.)

I am kinda curious how he reacts to courting now that I shot him down. (Hiding behind my duty - again. I wonder if those light side points get substracted, should I ever decide to engage in a romance with Kira, assuming that possibility will come to be. I don't want light side points for this, it was a lie, dammit!)

One thing to bear in mind is that the player character always initiates the romance storylines, not the companion character. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has it the other way round in their headcanon, for OGR as well as SGR.

That's not true for Doc (and I am damn sure I never clicked a single one "flirt" line) and only half true for Lt. Iresso and a female Jedi Consular (he squirms around alot, but it's him who comes up with it. I may have dropped a flirt line here and there and foolishly encouraged him). With Vector it was indeed my Imperial Agent who started it - if I remember correctly; and that was the only actual romance (barring mini romances) I did so far.

Go home... where? My agent never felt so much at home than at this point. If she hadn't been encouraged to go on by a certain character I might have referred to earlier, and if the story hadn't forced her to anyway, she might have wanted to change sides - again. And this time for good. But when I left I had the feeling I did in part, however small that part may be, for my people. And the thought of having a people was something she had almost forgotten.

But an each to their own.

Sweet is the love of ice

Coldness chills human minds

I shiver in delight

Lost in a winter night (Eyes of Eden - Winter Night)

I can understand that, you're not the only one who's said something along those lines. For what it's worth, I really liked my Agent's time on Hoth, but it was quite bittersweet.

For my Agent, he was very aware he was going to have to go back to his duties with the Empire and his time with his people wasn't going to be very long. It reminded him of all the things he missed about his homeworld and of all the things he'd lost in going to work for the Imperials. So close to being home, but at the same time so far away. At that point I think he just wanted to go "sod it" and go back to the Ascendancy, especially with what had happened to him, but his sense of duty wouldn't allow it.

That's not true for Doc (and I am damn sure I never clicked a single one "flirt" line) and only half true for Lt. Iresso and a female Jedi Consular (he squirms around alot, but it's him who comes up with it. I may have dropped a flirt line here and there and foolishly encouraged him). With Vector it was indeed my Imperial Agent who started it - if I remember correctly; and that was the only actual romance (barring mini romances) I did so far.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up :)

I don't know much about interactions with female PCs since I don't play female characters, so it's good to hear from someone who knows more.

There are a lot of companions that accept courting gifts even from the same gender player character: i guess it could be an hint on what companions will be (or supposed to be) on the sgra options when it will come.

Since M1-4X is also on this list I really hope that this is not the case.

My understanding is that courting gifts are, in most cases, simply another category of gift that companions do or do not like, although there are a few cases in which a companion only values them once a romance is initiated.

Sure - although ultimately they all end up in the same place, so I'll start there. The lead guy for all community relations – that is, the liason between the player community and the studio – is the Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez. You can send him a private message from his profile page, which I have linked from his name, above. If you want to email Joveth, that's jovethg@swtor.com.

However, it seems that relaying info from the Devs to the forums in particular is part of Allison Berryman's specific responsibility. She's been known to reply to us at least in the "sorry, I have nothing new for you" vein, by PM. I have never had an email from her directly, but you can send a private message from her profile page (linked).

To send an email to the Community Team in general, the email is community@swtor.com. I presume this would have to be escalated at least to Allison before it could be replied to with anything other than Stephen Reid's statement from last September, by now nearly an institution in itself.

You can also keep abreast of (and sass back at) SWTOR on Twitter at @SWTOR. Some of the studio regulars, including Joveth, tweet. @HallHood is where we received the non-confirmation confirmation of Gabe Amatangelo's interview remarks associating SGRs with Makeb. SWTOR also has an official presence on Facebook (link). Although I have never known wall posts there to generate any direct reply, they are presumably read.

That about exhausts direct, instant, electronic approaches, all funnelled through the folks who seem to not be able to tell us anything right now. I think it is strongly preferred that we route any enquiries through these channels.

To climb the ladder, however, the best I can find is an actual, physical mailing address, to which one may direct correspondence in the charming, old-world style of ink on paper, sent in an envelope through the post. The Grand Poobah of BioWare Austin seems to be General Manager Matt Bromberg. If my info is current, the Executive Producer for SWTOR is Jeff Hickman. Presumably one or the other have the weight to approve information for release to the community. The mailing address is

BioWare Austin

3100 Esperanza Crossing Ste 110

Austin, TX 78758

USA

telephone: (512) 382-8682

I haven't actually contacted either of these gentlemen, though both have talked about SWTOR in interviews with sites like IGN. As far as this game and studio go, that's probably the top floor. Beyond that, all I can recommend is prayer.

Edited by Uluain

Also, with the thread in General Discussion about Gabe A.'s leak regarding Makeb and another (which will probably - and rightly - be closed and redirected here) in the Suggestion Box forum, there seem to be a fair amount of provocative posts. I want to say this to remind myself as much as anyone else:

Don't feed the trolls. Flag the post and move on. If you want to post something cutting, just stay on topic as if they hadn't posted. Don't let them have the satisfaction. If they need attention that badly, I am sure Community Support will be happy to provide it.

I kinda stopped playing back in January when this all came out. (Kept paying my premium, and still have it ongoing cause I'm too lazy to fix it.) But I really didn't want to re-level my Consular or Bounty Hunter when they are at perfect points to begin their romances with their respective companions. Granted, there is no guarantee that the current companions will even be romancable, but that would be the preference.

I don't want to cancel my Sub. That would take away from the resources available to make this happen. And I want to make this happen. Not out of some perverted impulse, but rather these characters have a life in my head. And the Options available to them as it stands now, don't fit them. And there is nothing I want more, than to let them feel like they have the life that suits them best.

So if it's at all possible, please keep my sub going specifically towards this goal! $15/month dedicated to the Dev crew making this happen.

Thank you.

At this point, I am as much looking forward to SGRs being implemented so that those threatening to leave when they are added will finally do so. Yes, it's a grumpy day.

I am also looking forward to this. In fact, do you know what would make even more sense for them to do? Quit now. Yes, you heard me. Quit now. The money they are spending on playing the game now is going towards developing various features, including SGRs. If someone is so worked up about their money going to a company that is putting this feature in, why is that person still giving them money and only leaving when the feature is actually implemented?

I had a nasty thought. I wondered if these people might not actually quit as they said they would, but were trying to make a point or persuade BW to drop the feature.

I had a nasty thought. I wondered if these people might not actually quit as they said they would, but were trying to make a point or persuade BW to drop the feature.

Oh they most definitely are trying to persuade Bioware to their point of view, but it would kind of (if one continues this line of reasoning beyond the MMO sphere) like threatening to give up your citizenship because Cameron has a positive attitude towards the LGBTQ community. Yes you can still visit, but you don't necessarily have all the same rights and you can't whinge about how the money's being spent.

They're trying to "vote with their wallets" not realising that most of this content is likely finished and that not using it would be a waste of money and development time. But then again, as we all know inclusiveness, equality and choice are terrible bad things that cause milk to sour and fresh vegetables to go rotten.

I don't think that's cynical. I think it's insightful and realistic. ;)

Similarly, there are those who are doing the player community version of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "lalalalala!" whenever the subject is raised, to avoid facing the fact that same-gender content is indeed on the way.

Then again, without anything recent from BioWare confirming this, I suppose they are simply having to read the silence as favorably as possible, just as we do.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that we are still waiting for this to be implemented. :( I haven't logged in to the game since March, but have kept paying my sub fee in hopes that this would be fixed while I was away. I had the urge to play SWTOR again today, and was excited because I figured that six months must have been long enough for them to have fixed the game to my liking. Was super excited to restart my Smuggler, but looks like I will have to continue waiting. :(

I will admit that at this point I am starting to lose hope that we will ever get this feature and am wondering if I shouldn't just cut my losses and cancel my account. I don't want to though, because I waited for so long to play this game and have already invested so much of my money into it. *sigh* sorry for the grumpy and sad post. Must just be today's gloomy weather effecting my emotions. :p

It is unfortunate that those who could confirm that this content is indeed not far off are not permitted to discuss it. However, from what has been leaked in spite of the black-out on SGR status, it seems very likely that same-gender romances will be a part of the expanded story content released with Makeb, which could be released in December.

Now, I am having to infer quite a bit, and bear in mind that Makeb may get pushed back if any content requires further development time. Also, I'd much rather not have to parse every mention of coming content for clues. I would rather we simply get an update on the status of this content.

Well, it's nice that you can offer a bit of hope anyway. :) Was considering starting up a character on a new server anyway, even if I'd need to make a 'new' one since I don't want to risk missing something with my smuggler. Maybe a Jedi so I can just use 'religious reasons' for my character not being interested in the romance thing. :jawa_cool:

That's actually the number one reason people have been asking for clarification – and, for that matter, absent clarification why a number of people aren't playing until then. They're afraid of missing the opportunity at companion romances if they progress companion stories before then.

Statements to the effect of "this year" and hints at "Makeb" are encouraging, so far as they go. Unfortunately, they do nothing to resolve the question which effects play now, namely, how should Iplay to assure I will not miss a chance at a companion romance when this is implemented?

That's actually the number one reason people have been asking for clarification – and, for that matter, absent clarification why a number of people aren't playing until then. They're afraid of missing the opportunity at companion romances if they progress companion stories before then.

Statements to the effect of "this year" and hints at "Makeb" are encouraging, so far as they go. Unfortunately, they do nothing to resolve the question which effects play now, namely, how should Iplay to assure I will not miss a chance at a companion romance when this is implemented?

**delurks**

The part I underlined ties into what I've been thinking about over the last few days. My biggest question I have currently is, "Who(if anyone?)among the companions, is going to be available?" The questions we have seems to have brought some of the posters' leveling to a screeching halt on some toons. If memory serves, I'm pretty sure you've done that with one of your toons as well, Uluain. :(

Are we here going to miss out RAs if they level? Are we wasting our time saving a level 1 toon for SGRs, or should we just go and level them anyways?

I understand the need to keep story updates under wraps, and I'm certainly not a huge fan of spoilers. I can really respect that and appreciate it as both a gamer and a bookworm. However, at least giving us an idea of who's available would really go along way to assure players for starters. It would also get this thread excited about playing again. Most importantly it'll let us look forward to the future of this game instead of having to clarify information given to us in the past. :)

Edited by natashina

I kinda stopped playing back in January when this all came out. (Kept paying my premium, and still have it ongoing cause I'm too lazy to fix it.) But I really didn't want to re-level my Consular or Bounty Hunter when they are at perfect points to begin their romances with their respective companions. Granted, there is no guarantee that the current companions will even be romancable, but that would be the preference.

I don't want to cancel my Sub. That would take away from the resources available to make this happen. And I want to make this happen. Not out of some perverted impulse, but rather these characters have a life in my head. And the Options available to them as it stands now, don't fit them. And there is nothing I want more, than to let them feel like they have the life that suits them best.

So if it's at all possible, please keep my sub going specifically towards this goal! $15/month dedicated to the Dev crew making this happen.

Thank you.

I remember your posts! Great to see you lurking about and your support rocks! :D

Edited by natashina

For about five months I bought into the mindset that there wasn't much point in playing the game with the lack of SGR. Then I figured out how the Legacy System works. If you aren't just interested in m/m SGR, a female JC's SGR story is only going to be 45+, so there isn't really a point in holding off leveling one up. Once you have a character like that you can go get Legacy Gear and other bonuses that will make leveling up a new character take quite a bit less time. That's my solution to the whole dilemma of wanting to play the game, but not level a character past being able to do SGR.