View Single Post

CommanderKeeva
11.30.2012 , 05:23 AM | #1414
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Get organized or stop palying. If you want to pvp then get your own premade. Reality check... If you had the option of going into a real battle between people you've been in a battle with before versus people you haven't been in battle with, which one would you choose. More than likely most everyone is going to pick the people they've been in a battle with before. Why do you think that is? Maybe it's because they know how the others think and react. The same goes for PVP! I don't know about you guys, but pvp is going to have winners and losers at the end of each round. I would rather que up with a group of people I play with all the time versus players I never played with before. Why, because I don't want to play with a team that is full of 12-15k hp sorcs. I want to win! Is something wrong with me not wanting to win?
Again, I'd accept the "get organized or stop playing reasoning" if there wasn't a solo only option. As it stands, it's "I get organized, you don't, so we stomp you and you'll like it." Team or leave would only work if teaming up was the only option to play.

There's nothing wrong with you wanting to win. You want to win. I want to win. Everyone wants to win. We all want to win. Everyone likes winning but everyone should accept a fair chance for both sides.

If you're queueing solo, you're given a limited variety of tools that you can use to win. You may have a healer, you may have a tank, you may not have any at all. It's random, luck-based an RNG number. If these are the rules of engagement and terms of combat for you these exact same rules should apply to the opposing team as well. If your team composition depends on a number, the enemy team's composition should be based on a number, as well.

If you're queueing as a group, you're given a much wider assortment of tools that greatly increases your chance to win. Tanks, pocket healers, 3rd party communication programs, guild crafting skills and whatnot. If you have access to these tools, your opposition should have access to these tools as well. If you have a carefully balanced, predetermined team composition, the opposing team should have one as well.

Shouting "team up or leave" won't solve anything because most people will do exactly that if they are forced to engage groups on uneven terms: leave. And last I checked we wanted people to stay and the player base to grow, not to shrink.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?