Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

darthgamer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the sticks and stones reference for Its not like I called you a name. I just said not everyone can handle the pressure of solo queuing.

Jenna'syyde

Solo queuing reminds me of something else.... I can't mention without the thread being shut down. I mean sure, it is an intimate moment with someone you care about but at the end of the day it's usually a lot more gratifying with someone you know.

That being said I solo queue a LOT. Lately on my Sorc, pillar humping like they are going extinct. I don't want to subject my Guildies to this asinine behavior so I save it for the 14K arsenal mercs with 27 Expertise.

Yea I mean what can you do. I'm really torn about the situation.

I know most people don't give a crap about the other guy, they just want to win a warzone. But I have an arsenal merc I played exclusively and geared up substantially for months.... I realize he's the colony leper. These guys have a right to play too, but it's when they step into a warzone with level 37 "Legionaire's Helmet' because he wants to look like Boba fett (Just before he fell in the sarlacc pit).

I confess I've been playing my Rep toons that I stopped playing for quite a while. I almost despise the lack of derp and dysfuntion over there....

Playing Repside right now.... It's like visiting your rich cousin's house at Christmas... sure it's fun for a while but the drunk uncle on the couch your cousins are making fun of happens to be your dad, and you're going home with him to a sack of coal under the tree.

Lowbie reps? It may have just been when I was queuing, but it was almost unplayable with how terrible the pugs were. I'd go solo 2-3 people and cap the off node. Did anyone come to reinforce? No. Did anyone take the contested node when 5 imps were killing me? No. Did the pugs at least pull decent numbers since they were DM'ing the whole time? Heck no. Soloing lowbie, imo, is much worse than soloing at 50 :p

Lowbie reps? It may have just been when I was queuing, but it was almost unplayable with how terrible the pugs were. I'd go solo 2-3 people and cap the off node. Did anyone come to reinforce? No. Did anyone take the contested node when 5 imps were killing me? No. Did the pugs at least pull decent numbers since they were DM'ing the whole time? Heck no. Soloing lowbie, imo, is much worse than soloing at 50 :p

Yeah if the lowbie pubs i played last month when i was leveling up a alt flood the pub 50 bracket it might help us imps a bit :p TBH some nights you just get stuck in a bad cycle you keep on getting bad team members vs good premades, I really dont care about losing as long as its competive when i solo que,

For me it's seeing the same names on the PuB side consistently... IMP side I get a new team everytime I play a WZ while hardly ever getting placed with people I know. That, and it just seems the IMP side is whoefullly under-geared in all WZs, it's sad when the DPS comes into the WZ with the highest HPs... hopefully this will be rectifed with the ease of getting WH gear now with the latest patch.

Also... does it seem like no one checks the freaking mini-map in games? Or check the health bars of people guarding Nodes? I know that's how I usually respond to a side before ever even hearing the call for help in ops chat... it's so easy... but it seems none of the new pvpers have learned this yet.

Barbie, you finally went PuB eh? It's fine... my guys all re-rolled to PuB too.

Edited by RattyRattail

Yeah, I agree with the idea that there just seem to be a lot more "fresh 50" like-imps playing, versus a rotation of 8-16 pubs playing. Often when I queue (either solo or with guildies) I'll end up having the rest of the 4-7 spots in my ops filled with different people every round... but I seem to go up against LD50 every other WZ.

Whenever I play a game of full solo-queue PuG 50 imps vs solo queue PuG 50 pubs, the games seem to be a lot more even. There just seem to be a lot more solo-queueing under-geared players on imp side than rep side right now.

Imp has been bad for a while. Actually this week so far has been a LOT better then the past few months, Im not sure why. I actually might get both my imp weeklies in one week !

Vasyel is right though, imps don't seem to play objectives as much.

Then you also have the idiots, like the guy who told me the other day that killing healers is pointless....

I started playing on my marauder after a year break and the first like 15 warzones we got wrecked. Everytime we got civil war like 5 of my teamates would just all camp snow and get defender points. Ever since then though i've made a point to communicate in the chatbox and now I feel like i'm winning more than i'm losing. Even the matches we lose are close and it's not like when i first started where the most kills on my team would be something like 5 and hutball would end at 10-0. I feel like the guys on the imp side justs don't want to be the one calling all the shots, but if someone else is they're fine following directions.

I started playing on my marauder after a year break and the first like 15 warzones we got wrecked. Everytime we got civil war like 5 of my teamates would just all camp snow and get defender points. Ever since then though i've made a point to communicate in the chatbox and now I feel like i'm winning more than i'm losing. Even the matches we lose are close and it's not like when i first started where the most kills on my team would be something like 5 and hutball would end at 10-0. I feel like the guys on the imp side justs don't want to be the one calling all the shots, but if someone else is they're fine following directions.

this... so many timid antisocial mute imps pugging. wont call incomings, no kind of discussion of plans, not even a "heh" response to jokes. only people who talk are the ******e guild premades

Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.

Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.

^ there you go. I'm not 50 but yea, I wish I was Luke Skywalker fighting the Empire instead of my current cruddy job... you can't hold that against me.

Imp-wise I say all the time, every kid and his dog wants to be the next Darth Maul. I was just in a warzone on the weekend vs LD50 and Bloodline. I look at my team, I gotta juggernaut with 300ish expertise. I beg him to put his "PVP chest piece on". He says 'Oops, I don't have one'.

We got beat like a government mule and me and the guildie were the only ones with any real 'numbers'. I said to my guildie we gotta start having a screenshot contest of these Darth Maul kiddies. This happens all the time.

One day I will get tired of punching myself in the face everynight, and I'll stop playing Impside all together... it was a rough weekend of thorough, and completely demoralizing beatings for me.

I hate to say this but I think population is up for the game. I think the game is doing WAY better than the negative 'experts' thought it would at this time, and it seems a lot of them went Impside.

Nope :p And I think almost every pug thinks of wz's at death matches, the determining factor in a wz is how good your pugs are at actually deathmatching. The people who completely ignore objectives and try to run into a group and just kill people also tend to have lower numbers than the people who actually play smart. And if the death match mentality is as strong on the imp side as I'm lead to believe, I could understand why healers wouldn't want to queue. A healer is a walking medpack that increases the duration of conflict at a node, but are very bad at solo objective play. If your team is terrible, and you aren't, but you're stuck healing, it's really quite frustrating.

This people need to realize that its not a deathmatch and objectives are what matters ill guard idc aslong as we win it doesnt matter too me.

I play both sides. Of course baddies are everywhere, but on a daily basis there is no comparison. The difference in my win/loss ratio between the two sides is unbelievable.

BTW you (Xanas?) were in the very game I was referring to. I was on my sorc Odynom, and with Bombud the assassin.

I'll tell you one thing... the only thing I ever see changing (and this would be of course in a non-ranked environment) is so many of the Darth Maul super-kids get sick of getting their sabers pushed in, that they swap sides.

*IF* this timeline of the star wars universe continues in this direction, then in the far distant future Alderaan has NOTHING to worry about because the Deathstar will have about 21 Expertise, be armed with a cool level 10 green 'Superlaser', and have about 14,000 health. This Deathstar will be one uber Smash and a Dispatch away from rage-unsubscribing.

Edited by Krozis

I'd like to point out, that imperials aren't the only ones with baddies. We run into the same pug horribleness as everyone on imp side too.

Some of the Republic baddies don't even like free wins, either. I don't know if Imperial pugs like seeing good premades on their team but at times we are met with things like this.

Some of the Republic baddies don't even like free wins, either. I don't know if Imperial pugs like seeing good premades on their team but at times we are met with things like this.

Not even pubs like LD50 weird and I'm sorry :(. And to answer your question I myself get a tad bit wet when I see try hards or uncensored.

I guess I dont get the "Darth Maul Kiddies" comment. Are they Darth Maul because of class? Because of the armor they wear? Because they role play and say the 3 lines he had in the movie?

he means that imperials attract a certain element that pubs don’t we tend to get much more of the casual crowd and it is still the most popular faction so our pool of bads is greater,

I picked Imp because I thought there would be alot of casuals drawn to "jedi" aspect, also TBH I also went imp the same reason I went horde in WoW, most of the better pvp'ers were horde on my server and later on battle group, so I just stuck with the same theme it worked for me last time.....

I just hope the next big MMO is factionless, I never understood segregating a giant potion of your population from each other

he means that imperials attract a certain element that pubs don’t we tend to get much more of the casual crowd and it is still the most popular faction so our pool of bads is greater,

I picked Imp because I thought there would be alot of casuals drawn to "jedi" aspect, also TBH I also went imp the same reason I went horde in WoW, most of the better pvp'ers were horde on my server and later on battle group, so I just stuck with the same theme it worked for me last time.....

I just hope the next big MMO is factionless, I never understood segregating a giant potion of your population from each other

This is highly dependent on the server that you play on.

I'm currently starting up on POT5 and Imp is the dominant faction there. BW has done nothing in terms of server transfers or cross server pvp, so it'll always be dominated by pubs on JC.

Cross server pvp would solve so many problems...

Then you also have the idiots, like the guy who told me the other day that killing healers is pointless....

Killing healers is pointless. They just respawn and heal again you noob. Focus the tanks first, that way you negate their guard and taunt. Then you kill the dps and now the healer has nothing to do but tickle you. See! Killing healers is a bad idea, especially sages.

Killing healers is pointless. They just respawn and heal again you noob. Focus the tanks first, that way you negate their guard and taunt. Then you kill the dps and now the healer has nothing to do but tickle you. See! Killing healers is a bad idea, especially sages.

It is a known fact that killing healers is outlawed by the Geneva Conventions. Clearly politicians are better at games than half the server.

It's safe to say that there are baddies on both sides of the field. I do tend to believe that more of the solid imps will not q solo in pugs. I posted this in a different thread, but I give Powertaco credit because I see him solo q'ing often. I solo q on Devildog and Cheerleader all the time. I usually stick around until the end unless the team is full of fail and I either have to leave or /slit. I know some good PVPers that were horrible at one point. Who didn't believe in recruit gear at one point. Who ignored objectives at one point. Everyone starts somewhere and there's only one way to learn... get smacked around some and yelled at.

When I PVP, I always check to see if someone in the guild is pvping first or a friend on my list. It's more fun that way because you can work together. Plus... Winning > Losing. I will say that the friends from my list are friends because I solo q'ed and pugged... so there is benefits there as well. I do tend to believe that there is quality on both sides of the field, but I think there are more dedicated and active PvPers on the Rep side.

Last point... if you want to run with the solid PVPers... make an effort to get to know them.. but more importantly... learn your class... spec the right way... put out numbers. When I PvP on Devildog, I spec Assault 99.9% of the time. THe only time I don't is if I forget to respec after a raid. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing a tracer missile/grav round spammer... cause they are easy kills. Speccing correctly is very important. Some people prefer a certain spec because it's fun... but its utility is zero in a warzone.