Does 2.0 solve the PUG issue?

Purple-Punch

Clicked on a title thinking it would be about premades and got a nice surprise that its about gear.

both which are irrelevant discussions lol

the new Bolster mechanic in 2.0, if it ever works properly, will put you somewhere between Recruit and EWH gear. that is what the devs have said anyways. so even if you go into a WZ in full PvE gear, you will get some expertise.

now, DO NOT think that this means you will be on an even playing field. in full Partisan gear my commando on PTS has 60% damage bonus from expertise. a PvE geared player gets ~30%. i could easily tell which players were in PvE gear b/c i was hitting them w/ demo round for 10k.

if you want to PvP and not be cannon fodder, you still need to get PvP gear. youll just be marginally more well-off with PvE gear than you were in Recruit gear.

This new system will cause open world pvp to be overbroken. With expertise scaling up to a 60% difference in damage output, those in pve gear will be hit very very hard in open world (no bolster system in open). A geared min/maxed pvper will be able to wipe out entire groups of pvers ; lot of fun incoming. And I also can see loads of whining and moaning incoming on the forum :eek: Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

This new system will cause open world pvp to be overbroken. With expertise scaling up to a 60% difference in damage output, those in pve gear will be hit very very hard in open world (no bolster system in open). A geared min/maxed pvper will be able to wipe out entire groups of pvers ; lot of fun incoming. And I also can see loads of whining and moaning incoming on the forum :eek:

Yes, with all the open world PvP that is happening on all servers...

This new system will cause open world pvp to be overbroken. With expertise scaling up to a 60% difference in damage output, those in pve gear will be hit very very hard in open world (no bolster system in open). A geared min/maxed pvper will be able to wipe out entire groups of pvers ; lot of fun incoming. And I also can see loads of whining and moaning incoming on the forum :eek:

Thank you - so 2.0 effectively does nothing to help the recruit problem we are facing. Good work Bioware - Im glad you've learned through great lengths.

Thank you - so 2.0 effectively does nothing to help the recruit problem we are facing. Good work Bioware - Im glad you've learned through great lengths.

No, there is no recruit gear, you will be bolstered to around the same expertise as someone with max in that warzone since they are bolstering off of gear and not level anymore the warzones will now be more about skill rather than gear.

What that guy said is full of derp since OwPvP is something that the servers have to organize themselves and with no reward system is for kicks.

the only problem with recruit gear is when 3 or more ppl in predominately recruit gear land in the same WZ team - when the other team is stacked with gear (probably skill also, but that's not something you can objectively measure from matchmaking perspective). It takes exactly one week to replace ALL recruit with war hero gear, simply by completing the daily every day and accomplishing one weekly. this statement takes for granted a few very reasonable assumptions:

• you are a fresh 50
  • you maxed your regular and rated comms during levels 40-49 in lowbie WZs
  • you are willing to trade back your ewh comms for wh comms at a 1:1 ratio

If you're NOT a fresh 50, then you're in the minority, and while I empathize (I recently started to pvp with a toon that was exclusively pve since launch), there is absolutely no reason the entire gear grind system should be reworked to accommodate you.

more intuitive matchmaking would help (whether you're for separate Qs or expertise balancing or any other barometer), but that's almost certainly never going to happen.

eliminating the gear grind system is also a bad idea unless it's replaced by something that offers meaningful rewards, which I do not think are in the cards either.

thus, the answer is suck it up. if you see 3+ ppl in recruit gear (yourself included), drop during spawn. or sit there and take it in the face for the participation toward your daily.

edit: it's actually a good thing when a recruit drops. as a general rule, you can play with 2 recruits so long as they play objectively and don't try to solo stuff. 3 is probably too much dps/mitigation loss to make-up unless the other team has a comparable number of undergeared players (which happens fairly often, to be fair)

Edited by foxmob

Yes, with all the open world PvP that is happening on all servers...

May be not so much but still, there are people who like to solo roam in pve areas where people do the pve daily repeatable grind. Trust me this is going to be a lot of fun with expertise adjustments in 2.0 :)