Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Slowpokeking

I didn't particularly mind the Gungan thing, it wasn't that bad considering he was ganged up upon and of course they also had EMP boomas.

Yeh, I know it could easily happen, but it seems they picked Gungans just to degrade Grevious.

The gungans were warriors who used Melee weapons the most, not surprising they can get the odd Jab in, they're not incompetent, but I just think they made the Gungans do it to take the micky out of Grevious.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I know it could easily happen, but it seems they picked Gungans just to degrade Grevious.

The gungans were warriors who used Melee weapons the most, not surprising they can get the odd Jab in, they're not incompetent, but I just think they made the Gungans do it to take the micky out of Grevious.

They also used Boomas, and really Grevious was overconfident and underestimating his opponents so that would have happened.

They also used Boomas, and really Grevious was overconfident and underestimating his opponents so that would have happened.

Yeh, I know...

But it still seems like they added in Gungans doing it instead of Royal Guard or Clones to humiliate him, no matter how good they were the Public views them all as Jar-Jar. (Aka Darth Darth Binks)

Yeh, I know...

But it still seems like they added in Gungans doing it instead of Royal Guard or Clones to humiliate him, no matter how good they were the Public views them all as Jar-Jar. (Aka Darth Darth Binks)

CW did GG well, TCW bah, he killed more Jedi in 1 episode of CW than 20 of TCW.

He was very cunning in CW, Dooku also taught him about retreat when the situation is not good.

Yet he didn't do this, because he was overconfident and underestimating what he was fighting. It's like a little guy fighting a big guy, the big guy isn't thinking much of the little one given that he is superior before then getting his *** handed to him because the little guy actually knew how to fight and played it smart.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet he didn't do this, because he was overconfident and underestimating what he was fighting. It's like a little guy fighting a big guy, the big guy isn't thinking much of the little one given that he is superior before then getting his *** handed to him because the little guy actually knew how to fight and played it smart.

That does not fit him, and there were a lot of gungans around, why should he be overconfident? In CW he never bothered to waste time after he killed those Jedi masters, a gungan would not bring fun to him at all, simply one chop, he's dead and it's over. Nothing more. Are you saying that Gungan is more experienced and smarter than GG? That's so stupid.

He only killed 1 Jedi in the whole TCW ,and it was blaster ambush.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Another thing you really have to keep in mind is what Yoda himself pointed out to Obi-wan before Palpatine was revealed, that "Arrogance" was becoming a more common flaw amongst the Jedi and Mace was no exception. I really think that Mace felt that he and three other Jedi would be more than a match for one Sith, and never even expected Palpatine to respond with such fury, skill and speed.

Overconfidence was their enemy.

Another thing you really have to keep in mind is what Yoda himself pointed out to Obi-wan before Palpatine was revealed, that "Arrogance" was becoming a more common flaw amongst the Jedi and Mace was no exception. I really think that Mace felt that he and three other Jedi would be more than a match for one Sith, and never even expected Palpatine to respond with such fury, skill and speed.

Overconfidence was their enemy.

The Jedi hadn't faced a true Dark Lord of the Sith in a thousand years (Maul being an apprentice and Dooku more of a fallen Jedi). On top of this, they were going against the most powerful Sith in history. Ep III novel states that the Sith had evolved over the 1000 year gap while the Jedi maintained complacency in terms of their philosophies and teachings. The novel even states that Yoda acknowledged that he couldn't defeat what the Sith had become. Yes maybe Mace and co were a little arrogant but I think saying they were ignorant more describes the situation.

The Jedi hadn't faced a true Dark Lord of the Sith in a thousand years (Maul being an apprentice and Dooku more of a fallen Jedi). On top of this, they were going against the most powerful Sith in history. Ep III novel states that the Sith had evolved over the 1000 year gap while the Jedi maintained complacency in terms of their philosophies and teachings. The novel even states that Yoda acknowledged that he couldn't defeat what the Sith had become. Yes maybe Mace and co were a little arrogant but I think saying they were ignorant more describes the situation.

I totally agree, and ignorance and arrogance often go hand in hand. Just look at their reaction when Qui-gon first suggests he faced a Sith (Maul), and Mace replies with , "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing."

Correct. The Jedi, if any of them thought at all about the reemergence of the Sith, expected something more along the lines of the war that ended with the detonation of the Thought Bomb. The Sith had done things in one particular manner for so long (like our Sith here in TOR, for that matter) that the Jedi just never saw the Banite Sith and their slow undermining of the Republic coming. And undermining the Republic wasn't even the point of the Plan. It was just a necessary step towards the true goal, which was the destruction of the Jedi. The Jedi thought the war was about control of the galaxy, but they were blinded by both the "shroud of the Dark Side" and their own expectations and flawed understanding of the goal of the Sith.