Please offer a smaller-sized, lower cost guild flagship for smaller guilds.

Velarax

Most guilds in this game are smaller size. How bout making a smaller guild flagship available to such guilds? You could restrict it to a certain number membership; if the guild ever grows beyond it, it will have to cough up to expand to the larger ship.

As it is, it's not worth it to our guild to spend 50 million; we also opted not to get a guild stronghold, since the only apparent advantage is that all guild members can rearrange/place furnishings. We decided instead to get a Tatooine SH and our tiny little guild membership each picked a room for which they picked and contributed furnishings, whilst the gold key holder placed the items as directed. Common areas were designed by all members.

We would LOVE to do a flagship, but the present options are both too costly and too huge for us. Perhaps BIOWARE could offer a smaller option?

• 1 month later...

/signed

I support this fully. Definitely needs to be included - my Guildies and I are dying to get a Guild Ship, but the simple matter is that it's too big, too expensive and needs 50 Guild members - I would love to see this happen. The hammerhead class ship, especially.

Yeah, I would say maybe allow the smaller guild ships to be allowed to invade only some planets, not all, while the Dreadnaughts etc for larger guilds can invade all. Or even the smaller ships only can invade a city location? I dunno, shouldn't be allowed full on same abilities, but should be able to do something.

What would be cool is to offer several different size and cost space ships for the guild to purchase and unlock so your guild could have it's own fleet rather than just one flagship.

This would give the smaller guilds a choice in more affordable guild ships for entry into conquests and add something else for the larger guilds to work towards. Win-Win IMO.

Yeah, I would say maybe allow the smaller guild ships to be allowed to invade only some planets, not all, while the Dreadnaughts etc for larger guilds can invade all. Or even the smaller ships only can invade a city location? I dunno, shouldn't be allowed full on same abilities, but should be able to do something.

Quite frankly, and this was discussed for a long time prior to their release, a guild that is incapable of organizing to raise 50 mil credits will essentially never place on any planet.

Quite frankly, and this was discussed for a long time prior to their release, a guild that is incapable of organizing to raise 50 mil credits will essentially never place on any planet.

Perhaps, but smaller guilds should not be excluded from getting a guild ship. There isn't a large enough player base throughout the world on SWTOR to make this guild conquest thing really hot anyway.

Not true. In the conquests that have a large number of planets to invade I have seen it end with some of them not having 10 guilds on the boards. So conceivably a small guild that can't raise that kind of cash could make it to the boards.

Not true. In the conquests that have a large number of planets to invade I have seen it end with some of them not having 10 guilds on the boards. So conceivably a small guild that can't raise that kind of cash could make it to the boards.

I suppose it depends on your server, but on mine we only ever saw an empty spot on the total warfare week.

You can get to 50 mil if you make it a goal. It's really not that hard.

Lets say your guild has 5 active people... Each one of those can make at least 1 mil a week just doing some dailies. We've had more than 10 conquest weeks since it was released. If you don't have a flagship yet, you really don't care about having it.

It's a guild flagship, rally your troops, get the guild working on it. Run some ops or flashpoints together and sell the decos for the flagship. If you can't get 4 people to run some flashpoints together or work on the guild ship together, theres no need for a flagship.

"If you can't get 4 people to run some flashpoints together or work on the guild ship together, theres no need for a flagship."

Very good point. At this moment, I've been hammering the concept of doing loot runs, selling goods, and bank deposits so that we can reach the 50mil for my guild (currently at 15 unique players...average 4 to 5 on at any given time. If I have to advocate that hard, but it's not instinct for all...then maybe I'm the only one who is excited about it...and probably will find myself alone on the ship trying to head to a conquest.

Anyone interested in merging on Ebon Hawk, hit me up!

Toon: Resident'evil

Alliance: Empire.

Guild: <Deadman's Hand>

Edited by _Lionheart_

Me and my guildies discussed the guild flagship, and frankly, we came to the opinion it isn't worth the time, especially for something with way too much space on it. If it had unique features like maybe terminals for missions and flashpoint/operation hook ins or ability to set up vendors for Pve/PvP gear then I could see a value in it, but otherwise just setting up a house and giving everyone a key is good enough for guild stuff since I can place all the items I need in there and people can use that without issue.

Edit:

As far as a smaller ship, say the Corellian Cruiser or the Imperial Destroyer, I could go for it as long as it doesn't have a ton of wasted space and at least gives a guild bonus for planetary conquest, maybe not as much as the huge ships, but realistically, a small guild doesn't have a chance to beat out a dedicated large guild anyways. But to have some opportunity to gain bonuses would be nice.

Edited by Silverspar

I added a reply to this suggestion; http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7817249&postcount=34 ; at the "The Next Major Thing You Want Added"-thread within the Suggestion box forum.

Basically to add PvE to Galactic Starfighter, and here the smaller Guildship(s) could be used for missions (ops-groups or guild). So, you could decorate your own invasion-force corvette and use it for missions. The drawback is that it needs to have some basic stuff already added for it to work for the missions.

The only point to smaller flagships would be if they changed the Top 10 Leaderboard to a Top 25 Leaderboard. In which case smaller guilds would have a chance.

I don't think smaller guilds or even larger guilds, give a flip about conquest anymore. Smaller guilds just want a place that isn't so ridiculously sized that filling it is a hopeless endeavor, but still feel like they are apart of the imperial fleet. Sure they can take a standard stronghold and make it a guild stronghold, but then that makes it feel more like some militia or rogue group instead of actually being apart of the Republic or Imperial armies.

Edited by Silverspar

The whole need for 50 members thing is sort of silly anyhow.

On B Colony, you have to wonder just how many of these guilds could even exist at the same time without running out of players.

This set up pretty much is destined to end up with the same one or two guilds ruling everything.

50 active members is pretty insane, even 25 feels a bit large.

Also, 50,000,000 ????

Sounds good in theory, but without the player base, this is pretty much destined to become a two party race unless there is an option for smaller guilds, along with a price tag that doesn't make everyone throw their hands up and say not worth the time.

i agree. on this since there are alot of small guilds to.

we should consider getting. A (25MILLION) GUILDSHIP AND IF U WANT TO UPGRADE it costs: 50million @guildship?

:wea_15:WARLORDS :csw_guard:

:jawa_evil: OPS ASSISTANT LEADER :jawa_tongue:

LEADER: SAVAGONIXON

:csw_deathstar_un:OPS FPS DAILIES HELP :rod_eyes_p:

Edited by kingdomheartless

The whole need for 50 members thing is sort of silly anyhow.

On B Colony, you have to wonder just how many of these guilds could even exist at the same time without running out of players.

This set up pretty much is destined to end up with the same one or two guilds ruling everything.

50 active members is pretty insane, even 25 feels a bit large.

Also, 50,000,000 ????

Sounds good in theory, but without the player base, this is pretty much destined to become a two party race unless there is an option for smaller guilds, along with a price tag that doesn't make everyone throw their hands up and say not worth the time.

50 million is not really that hard to get, the 50 player limit is a tad ridiculous but with alts can fill up fairly fast honestly. Honestly, I see very little need for the guild flagship, because all it is is housing that a guild master would be better off either just buying a regular stronghold for, or just using their personal one and giving everyone a key to. The guild flagship really offers no bonuses that would actually be beneficial past Conquest and Conquest is largely a sink that pays less than you have to pay in for. The flagship doesn't come with its own flashpoint spawns, no operation stuff and no PvE/PvP vendors or terminals to use so why use it other than bragging rights?