5600 Smash Damage in Full Warhero Heavy Armor

silvercgull

Wow.....Just wow.

Says It all, in warzone just happened to me and usually in the 5000's. I'm sure now everyone is rolling that class....so let's hear the people run and defend them.

How they were abused when children and deserve this advantage or how their class was neglected for 4 months and they are getting their turn at patch love?

Wait....wait...I know, working as intended!!!.....please...devs....just please.

I have seen all the posts but never thought much of it until it happened to me. I'm not even full WH yet but I was on my Shadow and got smashed for 6000+ by a Sentinel. My jaw dropped. Never got hit that hard before, only seen it in these posts.

There had to have been at least 3-4 Sentinels on that team (pre-made) and every time I spawned I was getting smashed. 1 smash, 2 smash 3 smash dead. I only made it out of that game with 220k+ damage and my hardest hit was only for 3500+.

Wow.....Just wow.

Says It all, in warzone just happened to me and usually in the 5000's. I'm sure now everyone is rolling that class....so let's hear the people run and defend them.

How they were abused when children and deserve this advantage or how their class was neglected for 4 months and they are getting their turn at patch love?

Wait....wait...I know, working as intended!!!.....please...devs....just please.

If it makes you feel better I got hit for 7600 the other day in Recruit armor.

Jeez, these guys get instacast, auto-crit, no need to worry about crit chance, while i have to take great care of my single target ambush that can be dodged, miss, not crit, or just hit a tank for some pitiful damage, oh and it has 2,5 sec (1,5 with proc) activation time and my target knows that it is being targeted and can pop-up a CD..

I have seen all the posts but never thought much of it until it happened to me. I'm not even full WH yet but I was on my Shadow and got smashed for 6000+ by a Sentinel. My jaw dropped. Never got hit that hard before, only seen it in these posts.

There had to have been at least 3-4 Sentinels on that team (pre-made) and every time I spawned I was getting smashed. 1 smash, 2 smash 3 smash dead. I only made it out of that game with 220k+ damage and my hardest hit was only for 3500+.

Use your Resilience, Force Wave, Blackout in certain circumstances, Force Speed to get out of other circumstances, Force Potency+Battle Readiness+Project to hit back hard, etc. I'm not saying the focus spec isn't ridiculous, but Shadows/Assassins have it really good in WZs. You can still compete well.

All that said, I can't stand those smashing groups. It has to be the dumbest spec I've seen in this game. I can't imagine how it can even be fun, except people like to win, even if through really stupid game-play.

Jeez, these guys get instacast, auto-crit, no need to worry about crit chance, while i have to take great care of my single target ambush that can be dodged, miss, not crit, or just hit a tank for some pitiful damage, oh and it has 2,5 sec (1,5 with proc) activation time and my target knows that it is being targeted and can pop-up a CD..

You forgot to add, from the catwalk, at ranged, in cover, immune to crowd control.

fair enough, but nobody ever whined about Ambush being OP in SWTOR forums :)

give it tiem young skywalker people will find their way to calling it op, especialy when i i was in a rep v rep match and managed to crit my aimed shot for 5k (i was level 13 at hte time) people winged i had twinked out my toon when it was still wearing the crap from ord mantel

I got a 6k Blade Storm today as Combat followed by a 19k Master Strike as Combat Spec. Focus isn't the only spec that can get huge hits... and 5.6k really isn't that much tbh.

I rarely ever smash for over 5k in fully augmented BM as Focus spec. As for the 19k Master Strike, that's not even possible. I'm seeing a lot of desperate trolls here with absolutely zero evidence. Post screenshots or stop whining.

I rarely ever smash for over 5k in fully augmented BM as Focus spec. As for the 19k Master Strike, that's not even possible. I'm seeing a lot of desperate trolls here with absolutely zero evidence. Post screenshots or stop whining.

Actually in Combat Spec its very possible to get a 19k in total damage Master Strike....try l2ping before you say i'm desperate. Ever heard of the Precision Slash + Master Strike rotation, let me guess you don't even use the Vindicator set bonus :rolleyes:.

Edited by PowerReaper

19k master strike isn't far off from possible; with bloodthirst & vindi bonus the last hit can crit for ~7k

Edited by Blasphemerr

Actually in Combat Spec its very possible to get a 19k in total damage Master Strike....try l2ping before you say i'm desperate. Ever heard of the Precision Slash + Master Strike rotation, let me guess you don't even use the Vindicator set bonus :rolleyes:.

I have been playing Guardian since launch, used both Vigilance and Focus spec with high level gear for months at a time and never, ever hit even close to 19k with Master Strike. Precision Slash is a SENTINEL skill, Vindicator is GUARDIAN gear.

If you're talking about a SENTINEL rotation, Precision Slash + Master Strike = 2 SKILLS. You come in here saying someone just Master Strike you for 19k without at all mentioning the Precision Slash 100% armor debuff, it's your own fault for looking like a troll.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

I have been playing Guardian since launch, used both Vigilance and Focus spec with high level gear for months at a time and never, ever hit even close to 19k with Master Strike. Precision Slash is a SENTINEL skill, Vindicator is GUARDIAN gear.

If you're talking about a SENTINEL rotation, Precision Slash + Master Strike = 2 SKILLS. You come in here saying someone just Master Strike you for 19k without at all mentioning the Precision Slash 100% armor debuff, it's your own fault for looking like a troll.

Sigh, Vindicator can be used by Sentinels also.....(and i never said someone Master Striked me for 19k...).

Edited by PowerReaper

Use your Resilience, Force Wave, Blackout in certain circumstances, Force Speed to get out of other circumstances,

lol... Resilience and etc is on 1min CD.... and Smash can be made every 1.5 sec.. lol..

1 Resilience for every 25 smashes.. So big a differense for a defense.. lol...

I don't play a Sentinel. As such, there was no way for me to know Sentinels use Vindicator armoring and the set bonus carried over, so "L2P" is not even relevant here. Instead of clarifying that you meant the mods and not the actual armor, you decided to insult me. You also still neglected to mention the 19k Master Strike was done after 100% armor reduction. 2 separate skills.

Dude...He said in his first post that he was combat spec...That's kind of a dead giveaway that he's not only a sentinel, bu most obviously used his ability that gives armor reduction. And why do you need to play sentinel to know that armoring for the tier after battlemaster/rakata now transfers the set bonus instead of just the armor itself? If you actually had been playing since launch you would know this unless you just never bothered to ever read any of the patch notes.

lol... Resilience and etc is on 1min CD.... and Smash can be made every 1.5 sec.. lol..

1 Resilience for every 25 smashes.. So big a differense for a defense.. lol...

Erm, no! Smash has a separate cool down of 15 seconds. You can spec it to 12 sec CD and by using CD lowering abilities you can have it ready in minimum 6 seconds but it's rarely the case. I think the actual rate is around 9 (edited after thinking it through :p) seconds on a stationary target. What makes it powerful is the auto-crit + shock-wave buff. Is is over the top? Don't have enough data to make that statement but keep in mind w/o that ability focus/rage would lose over half of its damage potential. The fact that the mara/sents are very user friendly classes might contribute to the perception of OP classes ;).

Edited by LenrocNewDawn