Changing font size in game

KarrisThanor

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same for me, eyes hurt, and have to lean over the computer desk to read the small print and I actually sold some really nice lightsaber's because I misread Dark Level 1 as Dirk Level 1... :mad:

Wispr

Guys I'm not being rude or trolling here but how bad are your eyes? I wear contacts / glasses and I can see the text fine, either you are reading the text from a very long distance away or you need to review your glasses' prescriptions ... I ask because I saw that one poster used 7 point text in his post and that is massive and way beyond what should be used if your eyes / glasses are working correctly.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

It helps if you read the news and watch the videos...UI scaling is coming.

I really hope they add this soon. As a long standing WoW player it's so frustrating to join a new game which is mostly awesome but have silly issues like being unable to read the skill trees for my characters, see what items I have in my bags or see what a party member is saying in chat (although I just found out from this thread you can change chat size, that's something at least).

If it wasn't for this issue I probably would have cancelled my WoW subscription, as it is, I've been debating whether to stick around on WoW until Pandamania, WoW is winning in that debate until this changes.

Btw - My eyesight is fine :)

Hm I have the opposite problem.. lol.

I made all my chat font the smallest size which is good but wish I could make some other text smaller.

Once they actually put the UI customization in I'm sure there will be more options for the text size.

How did you change the chat font size? I've actually been trying to make it smaller, but I couldn't find an option to do so.

Right click on the tab (Chat) and you should see a drop down (see though) font size list, i changed it from 14 to 16 and is much better for you,re eyes, :D

I completely agree. As a consumer I have the right to voice my complaint as it should be, with the pocket book. I am going to cancel my account until the UI is improved. I don't feel that the UI will be improved anytime soon because, as far as I know, the development team has not acknowledge our complaint in any way.

You need to read more.

They HAVE announced that UI changes are coming.

Also what a bunch of children... GIVE ME WHAT I WANT NOW OR IM LEAVING! YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD!

If when WoW launched players were this spoiled, the game would have failed in 3 weeks...

I don't know much about correcting eyesight, but if you are using a computer monitor to play the game, and you can't read stuff that I have no issue reading, then don't you just put on eyeglasses? Like some people need glasses to read a book? And for those of you complaining because you're trying to play the game on your hdtv... well you can't. Just like you can't play swtor on an xbox. use a computer with a computer monitor, and it's fine.

I get that it would be a nice feature to change the font sizes, but so are guild banks. And like a huge list of everything else that's missing. Considering all you have to do is use a normal computer monitor and throw on some eyeglasses, I don't see the huge issue.

I don't know much about correcting eyesight, but if you are using a computer monitor to play the game, and you can't read stuff that I have no issue reading, then don't you just put on eyeglasses? Like some people need glasses to read a book?

That is the most insulting stupid thing to say. Don't you think people put on their glasses! IT DOESN'T HELP!

use a computer with a computer monitor, and it's fine.

Rubbish. I use a computer monitor and its not fine - because guess what: I'm not a kid with perfect eyes.

I get that it would be a nice feature to change the font sizes, but so are guild banks.

No, guild banks are a frivolous perk - having a readable interface is a necessity. Now if it is biowares point of view that they just want kids with perfect vision and the rest of us can get lost, well then we can take our money and go elsewhere (like wow, where you can get readable text)

And like a huge list of everything else that's missing. Considering all you have to do is use a normal computer monitor and throw on some eyeglasses, I don't see the huge issue.

That's because you are a selfish little spoiled brat who hasn't learn to consider others - much like the programmers apparently.

Also having the same problem and it's really driving me nuts. Finding it really difficult to make out the stats of items or even understand what certain things do. Hopefully with the amount of issues people are having with regards to text size they'll do something about it.

Also, this is how my face looks when i'm trying to read the screen :eek:

This is really getting ridiculous! I've canceled my account until this font issue is fixed. I am getting tired of squinting at the screen! I don't wear glasses nor need them, but trying to read the font in this game, it seems I may need an optical implant to be able to do so! :( PLEASE PLEASE fix this issue already!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just wanted to add to the cause. I DO play on an HDTV. I used to played WoW on my HDTV and never had an issue. I have a Gaming Laptop, 47" Wall Mounted HDTV and surround sound, blah blah blah. I would like to use this setup because it is optimally the most cost efficient (rather than buying another setup for my computer) and comfortable (couch) way to play. With my contacts in it's not unbearable with a few squints now and then. WIth my glasses on I might as well not try to read anything. Maybe I need new glasses, or maybe they should just fix the issue cuz I paid for this game. They should want me to continue enjoying this game while they continue to enjoy my monthly subscription fee. It is within' SWTORs best interest. Word. :)

Agreed. Text needs to be scalable. Just started the game a few minutes ago and the first thing I had to do was go down to 800x600 just to get some of the text readable. Yeah big screen. Yeah couch. Yeah glasses. Year 41yo. Doesn't matter. Other games been providing text scaling for years, in response to player demand. Suspect they'll get to it soon, but should really have been there from the start.

In the mean time, I'm adding myself to the list of players here, calling for this to be a priority for the developers. Not read through the whole thread, just the begging and the end, so if somebody has posted a link to where my request is more likely to make a difference, please feel free to post it below. Would benefit others too.

Laters ;)

Hi - Just to make you all aware if you wanted to add any Blurry Text issues to this thread that I am constantly tfrying to get solved it will hep the cause;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2561607#post2561607

Bioware said there is no blurry text issue and its a hardware issue with our monitors regarding pixel clock issues and it can be solved by re-syncing this. PAH!

This is a lie and needs to be addressed by Bioware in the correct forum section, but the more people signing up to the thread the more they will have to listen.