We need FP Cross-Server Pug Finder now.

This subject has no doubt been breached before but i feel this is going to become an urgent issue real soon, as more and more alts are being levelled and players find there is only quests out there waiting for them.

I am in a Guild and we run ops and fp's but i can't do the fp night and am also involved in an rp and a pvp night, but i have another night i want to do fp's on AND im on during the day but nothing is happening......

Im on the Trask Ulgo Server, which is RP-PVE and i think its pretty ok population wise, but i may be wrong.

It is so very rare to see anyone asking for or advertising for people to run FP's and it certainly seems to be never anywhere youre interested in anyway, or in particular.

My Sorc is 50 and has only ever run Black Talon, a couple of low levels he did on his own, so the next 3 i think, and now he sometimes runs Lost Island with the guild if not enough people have turned up for ops night.

Ops....when do you ever see people asking for members to run ops...ive never seen it at all not once, but thats another story.

In World of Warcraft the dungeon runs, or Flashpoints, are a very important part of the game and by gearing up through them you ready yourself for harder and harder ones before you move into raids, operations.

They don't really play as big a part here and im very happy with that, and have got by quite nicely ignoring most of them BUT i feel im missing a huge part of the story and if by running them, in normal or hard mode, i was able to collect some comms that will eventually allow me to put towards some more ops gear then all the better and we'll all see the other bit of the story were missing out on.

We need Flashpoint Cross-Server Pug finder and we need it now.....im levelling my first, and probably last, alt and with nobody at all interested in going into the Black Talon on normal and have been asking for about 2ours in total playing time now, evenings, daytime in week, weekday evenings when i can...nothing. Im going to give up and just quest him up to 50 with some pvp thrown in for good measure, where ill have myself sorely kicked im sure as i may have the health but not the abilities or skill tree points to even pretend to compete but ill enjoy it all the same, i like a challenge.

You want to put your name down for a flashpoint, specific or random, HM or normal, and then go quests etc while you wait for it to come up....timing showing roughly how long in WOW is very helpful too, if you have an hour is ok i know i have time to do other jobs and come back, in RL or in game.

Lets not have lots of players missing out on HUGE sections of this awesomely brilliant game AND lets make levelling alts even more fun THAN JUST the complely awesome storylines.

Thankyou

Vladnar

ps, I really really really hope i just don't get back "try a different server, or try a different guild" cos my guild is really really awesome and i couldn't hope to have joined such an excellent group of people".

I agree I am levelling my first character level 41 BH loving the questing but I want to experience the whole of the game, I have only done the first four flashpoints but now I find it so hard to get a group for flashpoints and heroic missions, spent 2 hours around the imperial fleet 2 days ago trying to get a group for boarding party, found me and another but nobody else was interested, it's really disappointing that a system for flashpoint finding doesn't exist, makes me want to quit the game, hope the devs implement this soon.

Group forming tools yes

Cross server is a bad idea, you want to be able to friend and meet again the player you find in the group finder.

friendship or partnership can be form.

Having a group of total stranger every single time isn't fun.

In wow, blizzard has stated that MoP dungeon should be

- doable in 30 minutes (over lunch break)

- doable with no coordination between player

- doable with no optimisation of gear or gameplay.

this lead to easy, dull, faceroll dungeon content that you only do for the weelkly valor point. It was a tim where you would jump into a UBRS or a scholomance for the fun of it. now it's consider a chore, a must do to valor cap.

I wish SWToR wouldn"t take that road.

Edited by Vankris

This subject has no doubt been breached before but i feel this is going to become an urgent issue real soon, as more and more alts are being levelled and players find there is only quests out there waiting for them.

I am in a Guild and we run ops and fp's but i can't do the fp night and am also involved in an rp and a pvp night, but i have another night i want to do fp's on AND im on during the day but nothing is happening......

Im on the Trask Ulgo Server, which is RP-PVE and i think its pretty ok population wise, but i may be wrong.

It is so very rare to see anyone asking for or advertising for people to run FP's and it certainly seems to be never anywhere youre interested in anyway, or in particular.

My Sorc is 50 and has only ever run Black Talon, a couple of low levels he did on his own, so the next 3 i think, and now he sometimes runs Lost Island with the guild if not enough people have turned up for ops night.

Ops....when do you ever see people asking for members to run ops...ive never seen it at all not once, but thats another story.

In World of Warcraft the dungeon runs, or Flashpoints, are a very important part of the game and by gearing up through them you ready yourself for harder and harder ones before you move into raids, operations.

They don't really play as big a part here and im very happy with that, and have got by quite nicely ignoring most of them BUT i feel im missing a huge part of the story and if by running them, in normal or hard mode, i was able to collect some comms that will eventually allow me to put towards some more ops gear then all the better and we'll all see the other bit of the story were missing out on.

We need Flashpoint Cross-Server Pug finder and we need it now.....im levelling my first, and probably last, alt and with nobody at all interested in going into the Black Talon on normal and have been asking for about 2ours in total playing time now, evenings, daytime in week, weekday evenings when i can...nothing. Im going to give up and just quest him up to 50 with some pvp thrown in for good measure, where ill have myself sorely kicked im sure as i may have the health but not the abilities or skill tree points to even pretend to compete but ill enjoy it all the same, i like a challenge.

You want to put your name down for a flashpoint, specific or random, HM or normal, and then go quests etc while you wait for it to come up....timing showing roughly how long in WOW is very helpful too, if you have an hour is ok i know i have time to do other jobs and come back, in RL or in game.

Lets not have lots of players missing out on HUGE sections of this awesomely brilliant game AND lets make levelling alts even more fun THAN JUST the complely awesome storylines.

Thankyou

Vladnar

ps, I really really really hope i just don't get back "try a different server, or try a different guild" cos my guild is really really awesome and i couldn't hope to have joined such an excellent group of people".

Ill keep it short NO we do not cross server lfg tool murders the game they should do server merge and eventualy a same server lfg tool no cross server lfg tool

ps when will people realize this isnt " that other game" and stop comparing them

agree, I just posted basicly the same thing in customer service before i saw this writeup. ea/bioware please give us a looking for fp que, I feel like I am playing bymyself. I am getting horribly bored. all members in guild are different levels different phases. Please use something like wg que, However i do see a drop in participation ,please dont let this game dieI love Starwars Edited by eldisper

Brilliant, thankyou all.

No not cross server then, it would be excellent to at least ensure that if you do find a group you can make a friend and go with them again etc...

Great idea........Looking For Group on same server.

Thankyou

So, LFG tool, but not X-server? What, you feel you'd be better off at least knowing it will take 6 hours to fill the group? The problem isn't a lack of a easy tool to find groups. The problem is the server populations. Even on my highly populated server, finding a full group for a specific flashpoint is ridiculous. Without a way to get into flashpoints quickly, and more than once every few hours, this game is quckly going to lose its luster.

YES X SERVER!!!! you can all play with your guilds or freinds any time... but even if the fp que was single server it would still take like 2 hours to find a group... WE NEED CROSS SERVER FP FINDING QUE AND WE NEED IT NOW... people will start to bail lol... and you trolls might not care... but this game is godly... and yes playing with new people every time is fun!!!! because you get xp and you get a chance at the item you want... i could care less if im playing with new people or ones ive already met... now why i see x server being a problem for ninja loot or w/e i still dont care lol... we are all pleading for one plz give us one...

Yes to x-server group finder.

for those blabbering about it destroys community I have a question: what's the community like on a dead server?

I don't want to be sitting in a LFG queue for 2 hours because the tool is only searching on my dead server....that's just the same as me shouting "LFG"

If you care so much about community, join/create a guild and make that your community

Honestly here's what I've noticed - tons of people are LFG on Ajunta Pall, for HMs and Ops. Seriously, it's like "if it's not endgame content then don't bother us by posting in general chat... *****."

That's what my take, either focus on getting "the Unyielding" or "the Infernal" or beating HM EC, or killing the NP for Tier 4 gear then shut up and drive *****.

That's what I experience. So basically I leveled from 1-50 and got a full 51 purple set (Tionese quality) withougt grouping. Why? Cause everyone said - is that quest a daily? Is that HM? Is that a Heroic level 50? If it wasn''t (it never was) then they said to me "shut up and drive *****."

Yes to x-server group finder.

for those blabbering about it destroys community I have a question: what's the community like on a dead server?

I don't want to be sitting in a LFG queue for 2 hours because the tool is only searching on my dead server....that's just the same as me shouting "LFG"

If you care so much about community, join/create a guild and make that your community

incase u didnt see i said they need to do a server merge first (and maby server trans to after that) and then a single server lfg tool not cross server

and tbh i rather play on a dead server then have the chance to get ninjas and griefers in evry fp run by using a cross server lfg

cross server lfg tool ruined "that other game"

and for your information im in a active raidguild (yes a active raidguild on a dead server) we raid evrynight except 1 (not always the same day of the week)

and to answer ur hows the comunity like on a dead server it will always be better then with cross server puggs

Amen

Mokum

ps : i obviously mean PVE cross server lfg tool not pvp cross server lfg

Edited by Goreslash

*sigh* its very simple... no x server lfg = dead game... and a dead game = no money for bioware.... i still think its the biggest epic fail in existance that it wasent put in at launch but meh..... anyways a dead game is just that... where always gonna have ninja looters where always gonna have human nature in games lol... you cant stop it lets just move on. the people of star wars are looseing paitiance.... you said and i quote " Bioware wont release crap" and then you dick us over with standing in 1 spot for 4 hours trying to find some partners to do 1 thing ..... its insane lol... and w/e you guys where thinking... im sorry for being so blunt but thats the way it is.... i know that this game has the best customer service in all of MMO's show the community that you care and hook us up with a x server lfg system... i bet people would come back and you would actually see a decent profit margine again... everyone came back for 1.2 then you gave them a month free.... its a nice gimick... but people will leave after that month just over this issue alone... Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

Yes to cross server.

I logged on this morning, wanted to do a HM flashpoint and I was the only person on fleet. And Ilum. And Belsavis. There's no way I could have done a flashpoint with that many people online even with a LFG tool.

Edited by Volantiz

Yes, of course cross-server LFG.

By god, MMO players are so thick, if you want to waste your time, play EQ or UO or one of those ancient games again.

No cross server tool...how can one even say that, it's like wanting to play a MP game without an auto search function, imagine that in any other game, people would be outraged and rightfully so. You people need to wake up.

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFG and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.

This topic was also recently covered in our weekly Community Q&A Blog for February 24th.

deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.

We thought you might be interested in James Ohlen's Feedback request regarding a Group Finder. We encourage you to visit and leave your feedback!

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Have a great day!