Vice Commandant Pack results: 2 jawagrams

kenspeckle

Some of the new pack items look really cool and so with great excitement I purchased a pack. My excitement is rewarded with 2 jawagrams, an exp bonus (I'm 55), and a CGI certificate. 2 jawagrams? Please BW, reconsider how you value jawagrams vs true items in these cartel packs. Jawagrams are cute, but when you receive them instead of a item of value they aren't cute.

It hurts the jawas b/c they feel undervalued, and it hurts BW because it makes players less likely to purchase packs when they might end up with nothing they perceive of value.

In the context of purchase card decks (I"ve seen people compare cartel packs with magic or pokemon packs) it would mean instead of playable cards you got a stickers. People wouldn't buy packs if the chances of getting stickers vs cards was high.

TLDR: Getting jawagrams in packs when they roll against legitimate items is LAME.

Edited by kenspeckle

I agree. I don't have any use for them and I have never used them. They are a pointless filler that was put in so that the chance to get an actual decent item decreased. Get rid of them. Id rather have pointless crafting materials that I can vendor.

EDIT: If the items were re-usable, I might consider keeping it, but it would still be pointless due to the amount you get with each pack.

Edited by Darth_Exar

A few weeks ago, I suggested in the caretl section, that Jawagrams should never be taking a place of a rare slot.

Thank you for testing, as with this knowledge, I will not purchase any of the new packages. I want a guaranteed permanent item, not some consumable kiddie stuff, which got no place in StarWars anyway.

Sounds like your luck with packs is about as good as mine. That is why I have decided never to buy packs again. If I am going to gamble I will save it for my trips to Vegas.

In the meantime I will just use the GTN to get the things I like or want. I will leave the gambling on packs to those with better luck.

Random packs are random.

However they aren't 100%. If they were it would be possible to get a pack with all gold rare items in ti. BW gives each tier of rarity a weight. I don't buy the packs myself but form what I understand Jawagrams are considered quite rare by BW event though they are basically useless so when you get one that is taking the spot of something else .

This was my last attempt, my wife and I feel burned getting useless consumables in rare slots.... We are no longer going to support this practice and BW lost a CM customer.

I am sure they read all the past complaints... and prove, they do not care.

Very disappointing

Actually, im pretty outraged about this to be honest.

Making it replace an actual item is shameful to say the least.

The jawagrams are "kinda cool", but they are not permanent items and they are not something that is considered "desirable" in any way so they shouldnt be considered to be part of the "rare items list".

Agree wholeheartedly with these posts. Most of what came out of 8 new packs was total junk. I got one lightsaber and one crystal. What a joke. Jawagrams might be more interesting it they were not one time use but as it stands now they are complete garbage. I would love to see the drop rates for different items in the cartel packs just so we could do the math on how badly they completely fleece people for in game items. I bet on a probability adjusted basis the Revan Holo is assigned something like a 5% drop chance which implies something like $50 to obtain.

This is why I wont get into the cartel market game. If Im going to invest actual money, I want to know I am getting an item I want.

I dont go the mall, store, or any business and give them money for random items.

For now I just grind for money and then buy what I want. But that requires others to play the GTN game. So clever ea/bw.

Edited by Soxbadger